Author Topic: Legacy Mail-Away Eopie with Qui-Gon Jinn  (Read 86771 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Legacy Mail-Away Eopie with Qui-Gon Jinn
« Reply #75 on: October 7, 2009, 01:08 AM »
I got 5 of my 6 today. I will dig out my 1999 one and take a pick to compare the difference.
This is a great mail away!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 7, 2009, 01:36 AM »
NICE!  :) Still gotta mail in the form ... and totally loving the dirt/sand on Qui-Gon's boots! Nice details, Hasbro! It's these kind of special figures that totally add a memorable piece to your collection... Really glad Hasbro thought of this.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 7, 2009, 05:34 PM »
I got 5 of my 6 today. I will dig out my 1999 one and take a pick to compare the difference.
This is a great mail away!

Let me know what you find.  I'm interested to know if there are any significant differences or if they're nearly exactly the same.

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 7, 2009, 05:40 PM »
Mine arrived today too - excellent mail-away, best yet in fact.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: October 7, 2009, 09:28 PM »
My 2nd arrived today.  I expect a series of these coming in the next couple weeks.  Nice for $6.99 basically.  I'm going to do some Tatooine background pack animals, and use some QGJ's for fodder.  Good set for probably twice the price so I'm really pleased.  This is one of the best things in the line this year, to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #80 on: October 7, 2009, 09:59 PM »
I'm thinking of using my second one to do a ort of dio with Obi-Wan delivering Luke to the Lars family.  Not sure where I'd put it, or how tough it will be to get a second Obi-Wan iwth baby Luke figure.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: October 7, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Oh that's not a bad idea actually.  Take a ROTS Obi, "dirty him up" a little with burns on his uniform as he's pretty tore up after Mustafar...  Give him Baby Luke and the Eopie, put Owen/Beru outside the Lars Homestead dome if you have one...

Hell that's almost a reason to buy a 2nd if it were cheap enough.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 8, 2009, 12:05 AM »
Got mine today....great to add this beast to my collection!

I'd love to get a second eopie (and another homestead) for that ROTS scene. 8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #83 on: October 8, 2009, 12:59 AM »
Oh that's not a bad idea actually.  Take a ROTS Obi, "dirty him up" a little with burns on his uniform as he's pretty tore up after Mustafar...  Give him Baby Luke and the Eopie, put Owen/Beru outside the Lars Homestead dome if you have one...

Hell that's almost a reason to buy a 2nd if it were cheap enough.

The Saga Legends Obi-Wan with theball-jointed hips should be perfect for that.

I don't have the Lars Homestead dome, but that does sound really cool.  The AOTC wave Owen and Beru would be perfect for it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: October 8, 2009, 02:03 AM »
The Legends Obi is good alone...  It's lacking the "burnt" details on the deco is all, but that'd be the ieal base figure especially due to the riding the Eopie and all that. 

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 9, 2009, 02:36 PM »
The Legends Obi is good alone...  It's lacking the "burnt" details on the deco is all, but that'd be the ieal base figure especially due to the riding the Eopie and all that. 

It's funny ... early pictures of this fig WAAAAY back in 2007 showed him with burn details from Mustafar. I was really excited, but when NEW pics came out (sans the burns) I decided to pass on it.  >:(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2009, 09:56 AM »
I don't think I ever saw those pictures. Any chance you can dig them up?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2009, 02:00 PM »
I can't find them right now - they were taken a few years ago :( ... I'll keep looking, and if I find them, I'll post them - but does anyone know how to post a link?  :D I've tried a few times, but I haven't actually posted a link ever in these forums.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2009, 02:48 PM »
Let me know what you find.  I'm interested to know if there are any significant differences or if they're nearly exactly the same.

I'm not JOT, but as I have a 2000 version and a 2009 version, I can tell you what the differences are (at least one the two I have):

-The 2009 version still carries the 1999 copyright date on the foot/hoof, and the overall color of the beast itself has a definite yellow tint to it. 

-The toenails on the 2009 version are painted solid gray, as opposed to the 1999 version, which has some worn gray on the nails.  The kneecaps on the 1999 version are also painted in a worn gray, with the 2009 version's kneecaps being unpainted (remaining in the same overall shade of yellow as the rest of the beast). 

-Both have the "liver spots" along the side, although the 2009 version is a bit more pronounced and the pattern is slightly different. 

-The 2009 version uses a more muted set of browns on the saddle and saddlebags when compared wih the 1999 version (the 1999 version looks more like a toy, if that makes any sense). 

-The 2009 version looks a bit "dirtier" than the 1999 version, especially noticeable on the back of the head and neck. 

-The eyes of the 2009 version are white with tiny black dots, whereas the 1999 version has pink eyes with tiny black dots. 

-Qui-Gon, obviously, is the 2009 Evolutions version with what, to my untrained eye, appears to be either a new and/or repainted head or a modified neck to avoid the giraffe look of the Evolutions release.  The 2009 Qui-Gon has some difficulty sitting correctly on the saddle due to his front skirt piece, but it can be made to work with some effort; the 1999 version is an action feature-laden sculpt that sits on the saddle perfectly (which makes sense, as the two were designed to be compatible from the start). 

-The stance on the legs seems to be a bit wider on the 1999 version as well, although that might be due to age more than anything else.  Both stand well and need no additional support, although you will likely need to fiddle with the legs the first time you stand it up for the proper alignment.

Overall, I have to say that I still prefer the 1999 version, although the 2009 version is nice, too.  I'm still displaying the 1999 version on my TPM shelves, but I picked up another SL Obi-Wan to display with the 2009 version on my ROTS shelves, and it looks great.  6.99 for an extremely difficult to locate beast along with what is debatably the best Qui-Gon Jinn figure we've gotten is a hell of a deal, and I highly recommend picking it up, even if you already have the 1999 version.

On a side note, the Saga Legends/2008 30AC Mustafar Obi-Wan with the ball-jointed hips works well on the Eopie, although he has the same difficulty I mentioned with Qui-Gon regarding the front skirt piece.  I'm still fiddling with it so he'll sit properly, but it will work with a little effort.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2009, 03:39 PM »
NIIICE. Can't wait to pick up this set in the mail.