Author Topic: Legacy Mail-Away Eopie with Qui-Gon Jinn  (Read 86769 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Mail-Away Eopie with Qui-Gon Jinn
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2009, 06:41 PM »
I finally got the the check in the mail.  I hear that phrase a lot as a bill collector for a credit card company, but in this case it's actually true.  It actually is in the mail!  I even have the check number 2336..  Now let's just hope it is not lost ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2009, 10:30 AM »
Finally mailed away for mine. It'll be interesting to see what the turn around time is since it's started shipping.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Same here... it was just last week with the E1 wave that I finally found enough proofs to send away for one. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2009, 03:25 PM »
Sent away for my first one late last week and my check got cashed on Tuesday.  Keeping my fingers crossed...So far so good.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2009, 07:50 PM »
I have the stuff to mail off for at least 2 but no interest in PT stuff... Email me with your address for a Tuesday Fedex....  first 2 to send PM me.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2009, 11:21 PM »
My check for my second Eopie was cashed this week, too.  I haven't even used my UPC's from the TPM or ROTJ waves yet, and I just got my ANH case... I could end up with an Eopie herd.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2009, 11:14 AM »
My check was cashed for mine which was mailed on the 15th of this month. Pretty quick.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 2, 2009, 01:32 PM »
Anyone (carded collectors I guess...) need extra proofs to send away for one?  I've probably got enough for 3 or 4 and don't plan on sending away for an army of these.

PM me if you want some of them.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 7, 2009, 10:58 PM »
Wow, I still need to mail away my check and POPs.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 8, 2009, 01:03 AM »
I wasn't going to bother with this mail-away, but since QG is the Evolutions version, I just may send away for it after all.  I've wanted that version of Qui-Gon for my PT jedi display.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2009, 01:53 PM »
How come Hasbro is making really long extentions for their Mail-aways now?  ??? We have untill March for the Qui-Gon/Eopie, which is pretty darn long. I'm totally fine for the extention, since I still need to mail-away, but I don't remember Hasbro doing this before. Or am I wrong?   
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2009, 05:25 PM »
How come Hasbro is making really long extentions for their Mail-aways now?  ???

I'd blame that on Doc.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2009, 01:11 PM »
How come Hasbro is making really long extentions for their Mail-aways now?  ??? We have untill March for the Qui-Gon/Eopie, which is pretty darn long. I'm totally fine for the extention, since I still need to mail-away, but I don't remember Hasbro doing this before. Or am I wrong?   

They probably have an overabundance of this set, thinking many U.S. collectors would want it, since it was never released here.  Admittedly I need to send my stuff in so I'm glad for the extension.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2009, 12:23 AM »

They probably have an overabundance of this set, thinking many U.S. collectors would want it

That actually makes sense.  ;D

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2009, 04:55 PM »
If no one supports this you can count on there not being another mail away next year for the "Real" line. This will also give Hasbro reason to say "we told you so" on the Eopie. I have seen so many Q&A's asking for a rerelease of this item and it seems not many are biting. I see this trend across a few boards, I would not blame Hasbro for not pursuing another mail away if this flops horribly. I mailed away for a 7 of them and just mailed away for 9 more.

These sets are a great way to get a refund on Star Wars as I flipped 6 of them on eBay for $25 a pop already. That the plan for the next 9, I make an honest buck and support the line in two ways: the Eopie offer and use the money to fund my collection. I hope this will motivate some members to mail away for this item because I would love to see more offers like this. This is such a good deal for $6.99, everyone should mail away for one to ensure future offerings. Plus why wouldn't you want this in your collection?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/