Author Topic: CW "Ambush on the Vulture's Claw" Battle Pack  (Read 8592 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
CW "Ambush on the Vulture's Claw" Battle Pack
« on: February 14, 2009, 08:08 PM »
From anotheR Site's Toy Fair coverage:

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 05:45 PM by Jeff »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: "Search for R2-D2" Battle Pack
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 09:40 PM »
So Hasbro isn't doing obscure characters from the Clone Wars, huh?  Hmm.  How long until the "Lair of Grievous" BP with Nadarr?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 10:19 PM »
Their just not doing the guys in one episode only. Two episodes is fair game.  ???
Still, I'm liking the pack and think I might pick it up.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 10:20 PM by Greg »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 08:26 PM »
Hasbro is going to town with the animated stuff.  Kinda makes me wish I didn't delve into it.  I actually like most of the episodes, but it's hurting my wallet everytime I see a new show with Clone X or Y - amongst all of the other characters in various outfits.  Was Kenner this bad back in the day with Ewoks and Droids?  Me thinks not.  Time to abandon ship pretty soon here.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 09:20 AM »
Hasbro is going to town with the animated stuff.  Kinda makes me wish I didn't delve into it.  I actually like most of the episodes, but it's hurting my wallet everytime I see a new show with Clone X or Y - amongst all of the other characters in various outfits.  Was Kenner this bad back in the day with Ewoks and Droids?  Me thinks not.  Time to abandon ship pretty soon here.

I'm kind of in the same boat.  I've been buying most of the animated stuff so far, at least one of each of the individual figures, and have been thinking about jumping ship as well - or at least cutting back.  I need to be able to seperate enjoying the show without having to "have the stuff" :).  I'll probably be picking up at least a few figures here and there (Fisto, Jawas, Jar Jar, etc.), but I'm looking at these Toy Fair pics and trying to figure out what I can do without too.  The budget is tight, and I'd rather put the money towards Legacy stuff if I have to choose.  This BP looks nice, and it would be ok to have a Gah Nackt (sp?) - but the rest seem to be essentially repacks, so it makes it less appealing at $20-$25.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 11:53 AM »
This is a lame set.  Odds are most collectors and kids already have Anakin and Ashoka - this set stinks.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Ambush on the Vulture's Claw BP
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 04:11 PM »
Did I miss this battle pack? I saw the news over on GH that it's only coming out in the Blue/White packaging, if that's the case, is it coming soon or have I missed this set entirely?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CW "Ambush on the Vulture's Claw" Battle Pack
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 07:27 PM »
I don't think this set is out yet.  I haven't seen it at B&M retail.  It's probably going to be a pass for me when it does come out.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 10:56 PM »
Well according to the sign at SDCC this battle pack is "Available: NOW" - I've been noticing a reappearance of the Jedi vs. Darth Sidious and the Jedi Training on Dagobah battle packs - are these sets shipping with the Vulture's Claw pack and that set is selling out first?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 11:05 PM »
I think it's shipping with the Geonosis Assault Gunship BP. I'm not sure of the other case mates though.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 04:48 PM »
I think it's shipping with the Geonosis Assault Gunship BP. I'm not sure of the other case mates though.

But from that report a week or so back, Hasbro is saying that this set is ONLY coming out in the blue/white packaging. The Gunship pods BP is coming out in the Red/White packaging....

Peter

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 09:01 PM »

But from that report a week or so back, Hasbro is saying that this set is ONLY coming out in the blue/white packaging. The Gunship pods BP is coming out in the Red/White packaging....

I was going to write up something potentially refuting that, but this is astonishing.

eBay

Given there have been no pre-orders that I've seen on this... I gotta wonder what's up.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 01:55 PM »
It's out there, I saw this in person at Wizard World Chicago this past weekend for $30 from Brian's Toys. I like the Trandosian but that's it. It should start hitting soon.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:37 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 07:16 PM »
Since this isn't shipping in the red/white line look (and since all stores seem to get anymore in the way of Battle Packs are those damned reissues of the Dagobah, Jedi vs. Sidious, and Clone Attack on Coruscant sets), is it too early to ask that Hasbro release Gha Nackt on a card?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 08:04 PM »
I was looking for this on my toy run this afternoon.  And there was no sign of this at any of the stores I hit, despite Clone Wars having a significant presence at almost every store I visited.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback