Author Topic: SDCC'09 Exclusives  (Read 19402 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: SDCC'09 Exclusives
« Reply #75 on: August 8, 2009, 01:01 PM »
I remember being a little bummed it didn't come out, though.  Good thing it didn't!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #76 on: August 8, 2009, 02:21 PM »
Yeah, the repainted POTF2 RFT is pretty bad.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 9, 2009, 08:47 AM »
I'd still like to see that set though, just as a deluxe set with the new Tech figure. I'd love to have all of those accessories!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 9, 2009, 10:57 AM »
Yeah, the accessories definitely made that set. They alone might have been worth it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC Exclusives
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2009, 01:40 PM »
Looks a little bland, especially the white area behind the figure. Too bad they didn't incorporate a scene backdrop like the OTC/TSC cards had.  :-\

No kidding. That sure is one boring looking card. I didn't like the Legacy cards, and these new ones suck too. I really liked the 30AC cards and the old OTC cards, it's too bad they didn't go back to that.

The cards actually IMO look very neat. I like how the package is smaller, too large packages (like TLC white packaging) look plain strange. As for the SDCC exclusives, the Luke Skywalker was just a stupid idea.   :'( A slot for a different exclusive could have been filled in there. The Luke Skywalker figure should have been a SW Shop exclusive. The choice Hasbro made for the release is strange, but I guess it's what collectors buy. The Stormtrooper Commander figure is a GOOD choice, since many collectors missed out on it. And, actually, one question....

HOW COME HASBRO KEEPS INCLUDING VADER'S LIGHTSABER HILT WITH RELEASES OF X-WING PILOT LUKE??!!  ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"