Author Topic: Target Exclusive Japanese Remote Control Droids  (Read 11295 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Japanese Remote Control Droids coming to Target
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2009, 01:14 AM »
I think for what you get that $15 is fair...  The rationale being that it takes a good bit actually to engineer something this small in RC, that functions well.  These seem to do that.  I have R2-D2, Q5, and R5-X2...  I'm pleased with each and every one of these...  I think SWS was a fair price for "imports", and that $15 at Target is a fair price for something ultimately they imported in bulk.

R5's paintjob is outstanding too, and Q5 would look neat twirling around anyone's Death Star hangar bay (an ideally flat setting for him!) I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 10:48 AM »
These have shown up around here. I'm very tempted to pick up the R5. Might pick up the R2 D2 for my girls though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 05:57 PM »
I think $17 is probably a fair price for the little motor in them. But that doesn't make it any easier to shell out $70+ at a time. I bought R5X2 because I have no other version of him and we'll see on the rest.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 10:07 AM »
I haven't been to all of our local Targets, but at our closest store these seem to be selling really well.  I think they were down to one on the pegs last time I was there.  I don't know if it is casual buyers or collectors who skipped/didn't know about the Japanese versions - but it is nice to see them selling well.  They are fun little toys.  I just have the original R2, but I'm debating on whether to pick up more or not.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 11:27 AM »
I haven't been to all of our local Targets, but at our closest store these seem to be selling really well.

I frequent several - several times a week and these seem to be selling very well.  I haven't picked any up yet, but I'm hoping too...someday.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Japanese Remote Control Droids
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 11:30 AM »
I bought the R2-D2 on Sunday... took me a while to track him down, as he seems to be the biggest seller of the line. As fun as the little guys are, I cannot see myself getting the other 3 droids at such a high price. Though it would be cool to have a race or something with all 4, so you never know.

Oddly enough, other than R2-D2 the Droids seem to be selling poorly in both Atlanta and Raleigh. Probably the price.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 11:34 AM »
I've only seen the droids at a few of the Targets I've been to.  I'm not sure if some stores have not been getting them or if they've sold out at some, but I sometimes don't even see the peg space for them.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2009, 03:22 AM »
I've been to at least 6 Targets since I got back from vacation 3 or so weeks ago.  Only one of them has reset to include the Rancor, and none of them have a shelf tag for the droids yet.

Do we have a dcpi floating around for these anywhere?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2009, 03:42 AM »
Yup, up in the Target DPCI thread.  :P

087-06-0106

These are moving so-so here.  Moved better at first.  I think they are small and pricey to the average mom/grandma in the aisle, so sales have slowed.  R2's definitely teh toughie to spot though.  I see the background astro's randomly.

I've not even opened my R5X2 yet...  Q5's different enough he looks good on the IMperial shelf with the regular figure.

I like these, I like getting them relatively inexpensively, and if they ever go on clearance I think I'll nab a couple for customs (and R5D4, just cuz).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2009, 03:56 AM »
Thanks Jesse, that post was from February and I didn't realize it was accurate.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2009, 01:17 PM »
Didn't see a thread for this, but anyone see the big RC R2 at KMart?  Its $30 bucks at the store near me and is about 6-8 inches tall.  Just wondering if anyone has one and what they are like.  My Wife thinks its pretty cool and that my boys would love it, but since they are 1 & 3, I don't think spending $30 on sometihng that is going to get dropped/thrown down the stairs is probably a good idea....
I am not the Stig

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2009, 01:41 PM »
They have them at Target - for I believe $24.99.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2009, 02:46 PM »
Yeah, I saw them at SuperTarget a couple weeks back as well.  Thought about picking one up eventually (maybe for Christmas), as our daughter loves all things R2 right now, and enjoys playing with the smaller version that we have.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 05:48 PM »
You should get to Target and pick these up ASAP if you want them.  Most of the stores around me have them in the SW planogram at $16-17, but a few in the area have already started clearancing them and they are all gone.  They come in small white boxes and are hanging on the pegs near the basic figs and galactic heroes.   I've only seen them at Target.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 08:16 PM »
I've seen them at Target as well as Wal-Mart.
This is the way.

I have spoken.