Author Topic: TLC "Geonosis Assault" Battle Pack  (Read 16116 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: TLC "Geonosis Assault" Battle Pack
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 08:02 PM »
This is going to get expensive.  I've got at least 6 Gunships, and I'd really like to have ball turrets for all of them.

You my friend are gonna need a lot of balls!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 08:34 PM »
I got a pair of brass ones RIGHT HERE!!!!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 08:48 PM »
Assuming these stay at $22 bones it will cost me $220 to outfit my gunships, that's a lot of pilots to get rid of. Time to start thinning out some of my evo ones that I currently have.....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:20 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 09:05 PM »
Great looking set. Not sure if I'll get one of four sets yet (since I have four gunships.)

You'll need 8 sets if you want to fully arm your gunships. Hasbro says that the BP only comes with the one Turret.

I thought it was confirmed somewhere that this set comes with two turrets (even though it is only pictured with one)?

I'll have to see if I can find where I read that...
"This is the way."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Adam May at GH seemed to be under the impression that the set only included one turret.  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 09:25 PM »
So do we have a uniball or what?  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 09:46 PM »
Bummer. I was looking for whatever convinced me that there were two and I had to go reading through Scum's cluster**** of a forum  (something I haven't done for years) and it looks like no one in there has any idea what they are talking about. (Nothing new I suppose.) Half the people in there seem convinced that it will come with two and the other half believe it will only have the one. And there are some lemmings over there that think it is a good idea for the pack to only come with one turret...

Great set in my opinion. 2 pilots and 1 turret is just fine with me!   8)

As much as I would've liked to see it be two turrets to a battlepack, I like the idea of two figs and one turret, as then I can build up my pilots without having an excess of turrets.

God, I ned to hit the lottery soon.  :P

I think the pack is fine as-is.

The turret attatches to the gunship, as said in the slideshow.

A trooper can obviously fit in it.

So you need two packs.

One pilot from each pack to go into a turret, and one pilot from each pack to go into the cockpit, since there are two seats. It's perfect.

Seriously? So I paid $40 for my SAGA Gunship, $30 for my Clone Wars Command Gunship, and $45 for the TSC Shark version and now I have to pay $45-$50 to get turrets for ONE of them? Give me a ******* break. This is a bad deal no matter how you spin it. I already have two pilots for each gunship (as I'd bet most people do) They weren't that difficult to come by, and the guys in the pods were just regular white clones anyways... That is a nice looking pod but it is going to look goofy on the underscaled gunship we have currently. I'm really glad I've decided to to sell most of my PT stuff. I no longer feel compelled to buy **** like this.

To be fair, I sill couldn't find a clear answer if it comes with one or two turrets. BanthaSkull seems to think it comes with two... but I'd take May's word over their any day. I guess time will tell, but I think you're right Jayson and the set will only come with the one pod.

"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 10:49 PM »
I'm glad I don't care for the Gunship enough to own one (at least on display), and so I'm buying the turrets with the hope of doing my own some day...  I'm down for 2 sets only I guess, and I'll spread the pilots out somehow.  I've got a ton already...  I'll just have them at attention or scrambling or something.  V-19's need 'em too I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 12:21 AM »
Assuming these stay at $22 bones it will cost me $220 to outfit my gunships, that's a lot of pilots to get rid of. Time to start thinning out some of my evo ones that I currently have.....

That's why my calculation above is outrageous. I am assuming only one pod is included. We are going to have a **** load of Pilots soon. I hope Adam is wrong.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 01:49 AM »
Well, like someone said earlier, 4 sets = 2 turrets, 2 turret pilots, and 2 Gunship pilots. Hopefully yours aren't already being piloted by the 2002 Clone Pilots. :-X
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 09:26 AM »
Adam May at GH seemed to be under the impression that the set only included one turret.  :-\

At the very least, this will be a good Hasbro question, but I'll state again, I've read on Scum twice that Daryl Priest said in some interview that two turrets were included.

EDIT: I've done some more research and found that the answer to the question is very confusing, so I'll take back my understanding that Priest mentioned two turrets.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:04 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 10:40 AM »
I've done some more research and found that the answer to the question is very confusing, so I'll take back my understanding that Priest mentioned two turrets.

The confusion surrounding this set is because of the CW Turbo Tank Gunner set...  quite a few times at the showroom, Hasbro was mixing two sets up when people were asking about them.

The TURBO TANK GUNNER CREW deluxe set comes with TWO Clone Troopers and TWO "Turrets".  The GEONOSIS ASSAULT Battle Pack is currently planned to contain TWO Clone Pilots and ONE Turret. 

IF they can get the Geonosis Set to "cost out" and include two turrets they will, but they can't promise anything at this point because the economy/future is in such flux.  Look at it this way - if they promise us two turrets and then had to pull one due to cost, we'd all be pissed.  If they promise us ONE turret and then are able to squeeze in a second one, we'll all be elated.  It's that simple.  They were sticking to "ONLY ONE TURRET" for now because it will lead to less disappointment if they can't squeeze in a second one.  That is why there was only one shown/listed in the picture... 

It's like the tables with the ANH wave.  They weren't sure if they were going to happen so they said "no tables".  That way it was a nice surprise for us when they were able to make them happen.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 01:01 PM »
^ Great points Jeff.

I only have two gunships... will probably be happy with just one ship getting a full sack.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 06:01 PM »
If there are two turrets per set, I'll buy one set to go on the 2002 Saga Gunship, as the Space Whale Gunship never had the ball turrets in the cartoon, and the green ROTS Gunship is pretty much EU, so it doesn't matter to me whether it has them or not.  If there is only one turret per set, I'll buy two sets, but no more than that. 

What would be nice, however, is if either way Hasbro included extra regular Phase I Clone Trooper helmets (non-pilot) for the two Clones, so that way folks who buy more than 1-2 sets would not be stuck with a million Clone Pilots and nowhere to put them.  Not that we still wouldn't be stuck with millions of Clone Troopers and nowhere to put them, but at least we'd have options.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 09:23 AM »
Thanks Jeff!

Well, with a one turret set, I'm more inclined to equip one gunship over four.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."