Author Topic: TLC "Geonosis Assault" Battle Pack  (Read 16115 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: TLC "Geonosis Assault" Battle Pack
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 11:29 AM »
What would be nice, however, is if either way Hasbro included extra regular Phase I Clone Trooper helmets (non-pilot) for the two Clones, so that way folks who buy more than 1-2 sets would not be stuck with a million Clone Pilots and nowhere to put them.  Not that we still wouldn't be stuck with millions of Clone Troopers and nowhere to put them, but at least we'd have options.

Someone in a different thread (I want to say JesseJames) made a great point that if you buy two sets, you have the two turrets, two turret gunners, and two pilots for the Gunship. That's probably what I'll end up doing with mine, as I only have two Pilots from Evolutions sets anyway, and one is technically an "Engineer" based on the Battlefront video games.

Unless you're too cool for SA Pilots and still use those crappy 2002 Saga pilots.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 08:14 PM »
The mounts for the new turret are interesting too...  They don't look like they'd fit a current Gunship, but I could be wrong.  They just look a bit larger to me...  Maybe a bit larger Gunship is coming?

In this pic, the base looks like it is 2 separate pieces, the forked portion being used for stability and to give the turret some play value when not installed in a gunship.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 5, 2009, 06:06 PM »
could use some help with identifying this clone.  by most account this is the AOTC clone.  With the hi-res pics at galactic hunter.  The AOTC has those little raised nub things on the right forearm near the elbow joint.  But this one has removble helmet, now correct me if I'm wrong but no standard clone has ball joint waist and removable helmet right?  Could that upper torso be new, and the rest of the clone be AOTC mold? 

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absolutenm/articlefiles/7970-3.jpg
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #33 on: May 5, 2009, 11:17 PM »
I agree, that chest/torso must be new.

And what's with it being in the Clone Wars designated packaging. I thought this was a Legacy (non animated) set.  :P
« Last Edit: May 6, 2009, 07:44 AM by Jayson »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 6, 2009, 01:34 AM »
It's the ROTS Clone with the Evolutions Pilot head, it looks like. Note the upside down belt.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #35 on: May 6, 2009, 07:36 AM »
It's the ROTS Clone with the Evolutions Pilot head, it looks like. Note the upside down belt.

Just to reiterate what jedipurge said, there isn't a ROTS or AOTC clone body that has a removable helmet and the chest/torso articulation on one figure. All the removable helmet figures have the one piece torso/abdomen design from the EVO body. Also a couple other details point to this using parts of most of the AOTC body; the prominent gray abdomen details and the forearm detail (on the arm with the blaster), plus the pointing right hand sculpt (as seen clearly in the boxed image)

The combination of these details points the figure having a new torso and this allowed for the proper orientation of the belt to be achieved.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 6, 2009, 01:23 PM »
It's like the Leia/Luke med frigate that just came out in W6.  Are they new? Yes.  But are they new?  No.  Either way it still sucks not to get the other pod in this set, but at least now I'm geting an all white clone with removable bucket that has the same artic. of #41.
Maybe that's why they took out the other pod too, couldn't justify the "new" tooling for the troopers and new mold x2 for the pod all in one pack.

Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: May 6, 2009, 02:37 PM »
The Gelagrub pack sucks...  This pack just stings a little.  That grub pack really hurts the old wallet though considering you don't even get an extra figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #38 on: May 6, 2009, 02:45 PM »
The Gelagrub pack sucks...  This pack just stings a little.  That grub pack really hurts the old wallet though considering you don't even get an extra figure.

For me, the Gelagrub set hinges on the overall quality of the grub itself. If it's like the new CW Jabba head where it as a hard body with a rubbery skin, I'll be fine with it. But, if it's just a hard blob of blue plastic with the playability of a decorative garden rock, I'll be disappointed.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: May 6, 2009, 02:57 PM »
The grub's coolness could sway me slightly, but I still find it excuseless that we didn't get either a Star Corps Trooper just thrown in for ***** and giggles, a translucent aquarium plant for ambiance, or maybe they could've given us that rare deco Commander Bly with the right striping that hardly anyone owns.  ::)

I just feel jipped.  The Gun Turret looks very complex, and we get two pilots with seemingly modified torsoes for more coolness...  For the grub, we get a grub and a figure.  One other figure repaint or repack wouldn't have killed them.  I partially blame the pricehike too for my feelings though.  At $20 I'd be less angry.  At $25 it's pretty annoying.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2009, 05:49 PM »
closer look @ figure from the pack.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:43 PM by Jeff »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2009, 06:02 PM »
The headsculpt looks pretty good. I guess I can phase out my 10+ Evo versions as I will be buying 10-12 of this Battle pack to outfit all of my Gunships. This is going to be expensive and a real pain to track that many of them......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/