Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 99334 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Offseason 2009
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2009, 10:26 AM »
Only time will tell, but again, I think the Bears will have a newfound energy now that they have a franchise QB (their first since what, 1985)?

Yes, the defense has struggled as of late but they're still pretty darn good against the run and causing takeaways.  I think they have to start re-tooling but for this year, I think they can get the job done with regard to winning the division.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2009, 01:30 PM »
For the record, Chad Johnson-Ocho-Cinco-Uno-Dos-Tres is an idiot:

How Do You Spell Screw-up?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2009, 05:35 PM »

I didn't even click the link, but yes he is an idiot.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2009, 11:12 PM »

I think the nickname thing is pretty funny.  The guy has talent, but he's always been more about entertainment than professional sports.  I don't get why the league doesn't just let him have the space between names - what a dumb thing to argue about on their behalf.  :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2009, 12:54 PM »
Sounds like Kornheiser is out at MNF...which is good.  I don't think I could stand another year of "Brett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett FavreBrett Favre"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2009, 05:36 PM »
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/19477962/detail.html

JJ...care to comment on TO, er uh Harrison's theory that the President might have invited the Cardinals if they had won?

I realize he didn't go the last time they won either, but to be upset they don't get an Annual "Field Trip" to the White House really struck me as funny.

On the Kornheiser news... PRAISE BE to the Football Dieties...Monday Night Football might be tolerable now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2009, 06:05 PM »
I have no clue what he was trying to say/accomplish, honestly.  He's against going for one reason or another.  I think he's aware whoever wins gets to go, and that he's just not voicing what his gripe is very well...

I'm glad he's not going if he's so against it though...  To each their own.  I'd go.  :-\ 

Nobody said football players were all the brightest bulbs though, hah.  Hell, Terry Bradshaw's intelligence is routinely the punchline of many jokes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2009, 08:30 AM »
I don't have to mute the TV anymore when watching Monday night football. :) :D ;D

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2009, 06:58 PM »
I read in the current edition of "The Onion" that the Packers are signing Fran Tarkenton to a contract to get back at the Vikings. I thought that was pretty hilarious.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2009, 05:31 PM »
Ok...I am officially scared, Jerry Jones has said the Cowboy's will not sign Mike Vick...that means he will be wearing the Star by next week.  I am getting a map out to pick a new team if that happens.

Having lived in D/FW my whole life, I will need to get an "exception" to my required rooting teams.  Do I have to pick a team from the same state? 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Houston could finally be good this year if feel you have to stay in state Paul. Plus they are AFC. My favorite team is of course the Denver Broncos, but my other/second favorite team is Carolina, who is in the NFC so it works out for me.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2009, 05:40 PM »
Ok...I am officially scared, Jerry Jones has said the Cowboy's will not sign Mike Vick...that means he will be wearing the Star by next week.  I am getting a map out to pick a new team if that happens.

Having lived in D/FW my whole life, I will need to get an "exception" to my required rooting teams.  Do I have to pick a team from the same state?  

The Cowboys went out of their way to drop all their baggage this year.  Pacman, Tank, and T.O. all got sent elsewhere.

No chance in hell they undo all that progress by signing the one guy I can think of that's a bigger headache than all three of the guys they cut combined.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:40 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2009, 06:00 PM »
Anything interesting happening up in Pittsburgh this off-season, JJ?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2009, 06:19 PM »
Anything interesting happening up in Pittsburgh this off-season, JJ?

Ouch.  Though I hear some Favre guy might be available, just in case.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2009, 08:51 PM »
Houston could finally be good this year if feel you have to stay in state Paul. Plus they are AFC. My favorite team is of course the Denver Broncos, but my other/second favorite team is Carolina, who is in the NFC so it works out for me.

All that food you've eaten at my house and you don't like the Giants?!  >:(
This is the way.

I have spoken.