Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 99334 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Offseason 2009
« Reply #45 on: April 1, 2009, 05:56 PM »
April Fool's ... ?  :-\

Given that this has been tossed around for a good month now, I think the chances of it being an April Fool's joke are pretty slim.  Not like Denver was going to contend this year anyway with Shanny gone.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 1, 2009, 08:27 PM »
This week's SI has comments on the whole kerfuffle in Denver as well, so I doubt it's a joke.  The SI article was interesting, if short.  Denver coach says nothing ever came of the Cassell talks because they were too late, essentially outing himself as being interested in Cassel (which is fair, but dude, smarten up). 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 2, 2009, 01:11 AM »
The reports are that the Jets and Bucs are the most likely destinations.  

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, want the Bucs to pull this off.  I'd give up this year's 1 and 3, and next year's 1 to make it happen.  I'd throw in a player or two if that's what it took.

That said, it's definitely too good to be true, so I expect him to go to the Jets (second time in a calendar year that the Jets out-do the Bucs for a quarterback) or Daniel Snyder will get it in his head that he wants Cutler and will give anything to make it happen - when that guy gets fixated on something there's no stopping him.

Mort is reporting that the Bucs are the front runners at the moment, and Bus Cook (Cutler's agent) is saying a deal could be done within 24 hours.  The only real advantage I see Tampa having is that they're in the NFC.

Please oh please oh please let him go to Tampa.

(sorry Ryan)
« Last Edit: April 2, 2009, 01:18 AM by Rob »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: April 2, 2009, 01:42 AM »
Buzz Cook is a colossal douche. That is all.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 2, 2009, 06:44 PM »
Reports all over have Cutler going to the Bears.

Allegedly for this year's 1st rounder, next year's 1st and 3rd, and Kyle Orton.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 2, 2009, 06:48 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 2, 2009, 06:53 PM »
 :-*

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 2, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Good for you.

Now that he's not a Buc, I hope he flops.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: April 2, 2009, 07:06 PM »
Kyle Orton? We might as well just start Simms...

I would have MUCH rather they went after someone like Briggs. And Chicago only has the 18th pick. What a ****** trade. >:(
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 2, 2009, 07:09 PM »
Trust me, you do NOT want to start Chris Simms.

The guy sucks.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: April 2, 2009, 07:15 PM »
Oh I'm well aware of that. I don't think Orton is a whole hell of a lot better. This season is going to suck.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 2, 2009, 07:17 PM »
For you and me both.  I'm thinking the Bucs will be picking in the top 3 next year.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 2, 2009, 08:45 PM »
Woo-Hoo!  The Bears finally have a QB that can accurately throw the ball more than 10 yards for once this decade.  The problem is, they have no receivers that can catch the ball once it's thrown to them...  Ought to be another roller coaster of a season for us fans.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: April 2, 2009, 08:52 PM »
Woo-Hoo!  The Bears finally have a QB that can accurately throw the ball more than 10 yards for once this decade.  The problem is, they have no receivers that can catch the ball once it's thrown to them...  Ought to be another roller coaster of a season for us fans.

And now we have the exact opposite problem. So much for Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal's development...
"This is the way."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 3, 2009, 10:34 AM »

Now that he's not a Buc, I hope he flops.

That's not a very nice thing to say.