Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 99545 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Offseason 2009
« Reply #15 on: March 2, 2009, 11:58 PM »
He wasn't traded.  He was a free agency and chose Seattle over Minnesota and Cinci.

He was a free agency?   ;)  Sounds like three terrible options to me.  Time to bid farewell to a former fantasy stud.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 3, 2009, 05:40 PM »
The Mpls Star Tribune is reporting the Vikings are in "ongoing negotiations" (whatever that means) with the Broncos to trade for Cutler. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this happen.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: March 3, 2009, 05:57 PM »
Steelers lost Nate Washington to FA...  not something huge but he was an appreciated guy on depth at WR.  He'll do well on a team that doesn't have a Holmes/Ward up ahead of him.  He has skill that will flourish elsewhere I think.

He came out of Tiffin University where I've got family going to school too...  Just sorta shocked everyone.  he's their big claim to fame, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: March 3, 2009, 07:51 PM »
The Mpls Star Tribune is reporting the Vikings are in "ongoing negotiations" (whatever that means) with the Broncos to trade for Cutler. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this happen.

**** THAT. The Broncos can go straight to hell if they try to move him. I'm absolutely miffed that they would have even considered trading him for Matt *******-Cassell.

Other than the Cutler trade rumors and Marshall latest run -in with the law I think the Broncos have done really well in free agency so far. Brian Dawkins was a great signing, even if we only get one or two good years out him, it will be great to have his leadership ability back there on D. I like how there will be a lot of new faces but ultimately nobody was that costly.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 4, 2009, 12:02 AM »

I read the same story about the Jets, Lions and Bucs today.

Every beat writer from here to London is writing that same story to sell papers.

I just heard a rumor that the Bucs, Browns, and Broncos are working on a three team deal where the Bucs send draft picks to Cleveland, the Browns send Shaun Rogers and Brady Quinn to Denver, and the Broncos send Cutler to Tampa.

There are so many stories out there at the moment it's incredible.

One thing's for sure - the Broncos are RETARDED if they let Cutler go, for any price.

And one more thing's for sure, I'll pee myself if he ends up in Tampa.

Oh, and the Bucs just signed some LB who was his best friend... to help sway him towards asking for a trade to Tampa?

« Last Edit: March 4, 2009, 12:03 AM by Rob »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #20 on: March 4, 2009, 10:46 AM »
The Jets have been making some good moves, but no offense in sight. Cutler would be a reat trade i just dont see it happening. If they could get him and draft a WR they may actually have a decent team that will eventually just let me down.  :P
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 5, 2009, 12:17 AM »
YES :o

DALLAS RELEASES TERRELL OWENS!!!!!!! :D

Now, let's put that first round draft pick to good use... OH WAIT. >:(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #22 on: March 5, 2009, 12:53 AM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 5, 2009, 08:23 AM »
Wow just wow.

Now cut Romo and Fire Wade Phillips.

Oh and Cut Bobby Carpenter

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 5, 2009, 08:37 AM »
Wow just wow.

I think it's hilarious they released TO.

And yeah go ahead and release Romo, then you can go pick up one of the other QBs out there that are so good. Oh wait there aren't any. Just ask the Vikings. I wouldn't be too quick to drop a younger QB who still has potential even if the big games aren't his thing so far.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 5, 2009, 09:10 AM »
I'm sure Romo is better than some that are out there, but he is tainted here.  He has no leadership ability and zero intensity.

His speech after the loss to the Ravens last season is where he lost me.  As a fan, watching a team that basically choked it's way through December (3 years in a row), I don't need my Team's QB to say that if missing the playoffs is the worse thing that ever happens to him, then he has had it pretty good (or something to that effect)...  Say that in June...not January. 

I guess I've just seen what is in Romo's bag of tricks already...fumble, int, safety, TD, Fumble, int, rinse and repeat

Oh and I forgot to add... Cut Roy Williams (the DB)... actually I have a list of about 52 people that need to be cut from last years Roster.  At least with all new players, I can expect to miss the playoffs for several years and be OK with it.   

I forsee that if TO lands on a team and they play at the new Cowboy Stadium, TO is going to run out to the midfield Star..

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 5, 2009, 09:47 AM »

His speech after the loss to the Ravens last season is where he lost me.  As a fan, watching a team that basically choked it's way through December (3 years in a row), I don't need my Team's QB to say that if missing the playoffs is the worse thing that ever happens to him, then he has had it pretty good (or something to that effect)...  Say that in June...not January. 

That speech was absolutely horrible. If he was my QB I might feel the same way as you, but I think the quarterback is the most important position in all of sports and getting rid of a "good" one is a scary idea.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 5, 2009, 11:29 AM »
Wow just wow.

I'd can Phillips and hire Gruden.

And I'd drop Bobby Carpenter out of the top floor of the W.

But I'd keep Romo and see how he does with a new coach.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 5, 2009, 05:10 PM »
And Now Roy Williams (the safety) is gone..

If we get Bobby Carpenter news before midnight, I am going to buy a lottery ticket....

I will miss Roy Williams (like he misses receivers)..but I have been missing him since the defensive scheme changed and forced him to cover.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: March 5, 2009, 05:34 PM »
I'm not a Romo afficianado by any means, so I'm curious what his age is.  It take's QB's a while to mature into a leadership role.  Roethlisberger showed it really consistantly only this year...  A little last year.  Age/maturity finally got him to that point.

QB's who don't lead by example are a real pain in the ass though to watch.  Bringing intensity to the team is a big part of what produces a winner I think, at least out of the team's leaders.  I can't say I've seen anyone blow off a loss like Romo did.  The Penguins fired their coach this year because of the casual attitude he was bringing to the team all year.  I liked the guy, but he never got fired up about anything.   :-\  You just can't be that way in sports I think, and expect it to be accepted by the fans or the management.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77