Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 100037 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: NFL Offseason 2009
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2009, 10:44 PM »
Oh ****!  I hope Justin Tuck takes his head clean off!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2009, 12:20 AM »
Vick sucked when he played for the Falcons, and he'll suck even more after two years out of football.  I think he deserves another shot too since he did his time and all (as long as he didn't end up in Tampa that is  :P ), but he went from the team I hate the most to the team I hate the second most (Reid and McNabb notwithstanding).  The Eagles front office is top notch, and I'm sure they were smart enough to structure his contract in a way that makes him totally expendable should anything go awry.  

Couldn't agree more.  Then when he's done I hope DeMarcus Ware does the same thing, then Albert Haynesworth, then ________ from whatever team they play on week _____ .

It's going to be a circus if he actually sees the field.  He'll be booed just about everywhere. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:21 AM by Rob »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2009, 01:47 AM »
Vick won't be booed in Philly, he'll fit right in with their fans
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2009, 03:21 AM »
I was waiting for that comment.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2009, 06:07 AM »
Blah Blah Eagles fans are the worst, blah blah. Seriously stop listening to the national media and get a ******* clue, Philly fans are no worse than any other fans. Every city has their a-hole fans, its just when something happens with us its front page news where other cities it doesnt get mentioned. Why because snowballs were thrown 30+ years ago at a drunk and ragged Santa. Get over it.

Truth is we are loyal, passionate, and support our teams no matter what. We'll let you know if we dont like something, but in the end we are still there.

I cant wait for PETA to show up in Philly on gameday. Those guys are gonna get tore a new one. ;)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2009, 08:02 AM »

I cant wait for PETA to show up in Philly on gameday. Those guys are gonna get tore a new one. ;)

I'm sure PETA is really scared of you.

If Vick was gonna sign then with someone then I'm glad it was with a team I despise already.

People do deserve second chances, BUT show some real remorse first. Then get your second chance. Someone who's brain told them it was fun to watch dogs kill each other and then that it was ok to kill the "losers" himself in unthinkable fashion, I'll just leave it at that.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2009, 08:43 AM »
Philly fans are no worse than any other fans. Every city has their a-hole fans, its just when something happens with us its front page news where other cities it doesnt get mentioned.

Exactly.  Where was all the outrage over the Chicago ******bag who threw his beer on Shane Victorino a few days ago?  If that had happened in Philly, New York or Boston, it would have been front page news.  Since it happened in Chicago and with the "Loveable Losers", it only gets mentioned during that game's highlights (from what I saw).  Funny that some of the more recent fan incidents have happened in Chi-Town - the beer throwing, the hillbilly rednecks attacking the first base coach, etc., but that town never seems to get a bad rep.  Point is, ******** are ********, no matter where they live.

I was never a Vick fan, I always thought he was over rated and I now think he's a scumbag, but he did do his time for his crimes and deserves to get his life back together. 

As for PETA showing up at Eagles game?  I hope someone's videotaping, because that's going to be comedy gold.  :P
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2009, 09:39 AM »
Wow, now they just need TO back.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2009, 01:13 PM »
Exactly.  Where was all the outrage over the Chicago ******bag who threw his beer on Shane Victorino a few days ago? 

There was plenty.  That guy was instantly thrown out of the stadium, and Victorino decided to press charges and he voluntarily turned himself into police yesterday.

In Philly they threw batteries at players, they had a courthouse in the stadium.  There were sections that had reputations for tormenting opposing team's fans beyond friendly ribbing.

I'm sure there are plenty of fans who are nice and all, but that reputation didn't materialize out of thin air.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2009, 03:08 PM »
Vick sucked when he played for the Falcons, and he'll suck even more after two years out of football.  

Well, he sucked as a quarterback.  As a running back, he was actually pretty awesome.

It would be more humane than what Vick did to those pit bulls.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2009, 03:27 PM »
I'm sure there are plenty of fans who are nice and all, but that reputation didn't materialize out of thin air.

I gotta agree with this...  And in general I love my brothers across the state there, but this isn't something that the national media just decided to **** all over Philly for no reason about.  I mean, come on now. ;)   I even had tickets to a game out there once (not Football) and a couple of my buddies out there were warning me not to go to certain bars, and to keep the "taunting" of my own team down and things, and they weren't kidding.  I don't know if they've cleaned it up or not, but I'm assuming so, at least inside the stadium.  Not so sure about outside, from what I've heard.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 03:35 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2009, 06:33 PM »
And now to talk about quarterbacks that never thought electricuting dogs with jumper cables was okay........ It sure was good to see Tom Brady look so good yesterday (I know it was pre-season).
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2009, 11:32 PM »
Well, he sucked as a quarterback.  As a running back, he was actually pretty awesome.

Yeah, he was great when it came to scrambling under center.  Line him up in the I and send him between the tackles and he'd be lucky to last two plays.  

Some other things he's good at include:  

• Spreading Herpes
  • Smuggling weed
  • Flipping off his own fans

But, like I (think I) said... he did his time, I'm willing to give him his shot at showing everyone that he's reformed.  I'm just glad he's not doing it on the team I follow.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:33 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2009, 02:09 AM »
Eagles sign Michael Vick

Vick, Eagles Agree to Two Year Deal

HA! Stupid Eagles.

They deserve each other.  Low class franchise with lower class fans signs lowest class ex-con/dog fighter/overhyped player.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2009, 10:13 AM »

But, like I (think I) said... he did his time, I'm willing to give him his shot at showing everyone that he's reformed.  I'm just glad he's not doing it on the team I follow.

Exactly how I feel!!!!!!