Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 100035 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2009
« Reply #300 on: September 23, 2009, 11:34 AM »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 26, 2009, 04:26 PM »
Ugh, no good games are showing in my area. Looks like I'll be skipping NFL to study for a test that takes place during MNF this week. :-[
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 26, 2009, 05:32 PM »
Ugh, no good games are showing in my area. Looks like I'll be skipping NFL to study for a test that takes place during MNF this week. :-[

This should be banned through Congressional legislation.

This professor is obviously losing their freaking mind...
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #303 on: September 27, 2009, 05:40 PM »
I think I am slowly becoming a Farve Fan :-[

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 27, 2009, 06:55 PM »

That was awesome!!!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 27, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Wow, that was a flashback to the days of old.  Congrats on the last minute win Purple People - SF definitely outplayed the Vikes today, but a win is a win.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 27, 2009, 08:06 PM »

Before you order a custom jersey, make sure you swap the "r" and the "v".
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #307 on: September 27, 2009, 09:33 PM »

Before you order a custom jersey, make sure you swap the "r" and the "v".
I'm not going to stop calling him Farve even though I love him ::) (Although I did stop calling him Beth)

ANd I totally disagree that SF outplayed MN today.   That blocked FG was huge but MN pretty much dominated everything else.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 09:37 PM by Scott »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 28, 2009, 12:06 AM »
ANd I totally disagree that SF outplayed MN today.   That blocked FG was huge but MN pretty much dominated everything else.

Scott, could you possibly be more of a homer?   :-*  Given the circumstances, I think the Vikes were very lucky to walk away with a win.  The 49ers with S. Hill had the game won up until the final 2 seconds of the game despite losing Gore (their only real offensive weapon) on the very first play.  Hill was a match for future HOF'r Favre (Hill was actually more accurate) and they held the league's #1 RB to 85 rushing yards, no TDs.  The Vikes missed a FG (returned for a TD), got a lucky break with Harvin's kick return, and gave up the lead to the 49ers twice while playing at home. 

That's hardly what I would call "dominating" every aspect of the game.  Look up the Packers vs. St. Louis this week for a more accurate definition of dominating.   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #309 on: September 28, 2009, 12:21 AM »
Did you watch the game? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #310 on: September 28, 2009, 01:57 AM »
Steelers ate **** and I'm disappointed, but it was a fairly good game though to watch at least.  Another "had it and handed it away" performance though, which is sad, and deja vu for their post-super bowl performances lately.

I liked the MN game, I thought it was really good... what I caught of it anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 28, 2009, 05:51 AM »
My Dolphins lost again and Chad Pennington got injured.  Our season may be lost if he is gone for any great length of time. :'(
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 05:53 AM by JabbaJoe »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 28, 2009, 08:03 AM »
The Vikings and Patriots both won yet it was still a bad day because my dream of back to back no win seasons for the Lions is over.

And I love that JediJman called you a homer Scott. Cause he isn't one for the Pack?  :-\
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 28, 2009, 10:03 AM »
The Vikings and Patriots both won yet it was still a bad day because my dream of back to back no win seasons for the Lions is over.

And I love that JediJman called you a homer Scott. Cause he isn't one for the Pack?  :-\

Hey, I will be the first to admit that the Packers got outplayed by the Bungles last week.  Rodgers was off, the receivers couldn't catch anything, and the defense was awful outside of Woodsoon (C. Benson 140 yards?  really!?)  There's a difference between being a big fan of your team vs. living in a fantasy land where they are always perfect.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 28, 2009, 10:06 AM »

Hey, I will be the first to admit that the Packers got outplayed by the Bungles last week.  Rodgers was off, the receivers couldn't catch anything, and the defense was awful outside of Woodsoon (C. Benson 140 yards?  really!?)  There's a difference between being a big fan of your team vs. living in a fantasy land where they are always perfect.

I can't argue that. I guess I didn't take Scott's words quite as strong as you did.