Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 99538 times)

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2009
« Reply #330 on: September 29, 2009, 09:37 AM »
Tough break for Joe and the rest of the Miami fans out there...

"Dolphins QB Chad Pennington will miss the remainder of the season after an MRI revealed a torn capsule in his throwing shoulder."

I was afraid this might be the case when I heard he got injured and I was right.  I hope Henne plays better then he did against the Chargers or we may be in for another painful 1-15 season again. ::)  That was a very painful season for me and it would be very tough to take again. :'( :'(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 29, 2009, 02:11 PM »
San Fran also didn't convert on a single third down all game...

And yet, they took the lead twice.  What does that say about the Vikings performance?
What does that say about your knowledge of the game of football?

I don't know what you mean.  Maybe you should try posting your thoughts for a change instead of asking pointless questions.  I'd say that since no one here agrees with your position on how well the vikings DOMINATED the 49ers on Sunday, it's your knowledge of football that we should be questioning.  Now drive up here for a meeting so you can buy me my damn beer.  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 29, 2009, 02:12 PM »
Tough break for Joe and the rest of the Miami fans out there...

"Dolphins QB Chad Pennington will miss the remainder of the season after an MRI revealed a torn capsule in his throwing shoulder."

I was afraid this might be the case when I heard he got injured and I was right.  I hope Henne plays better then he did against the Chargers or we may be in for another painful 1-15 season again. ::)  That was a very painful season for me and it would be very tough to take again. :'( :'(

Well, he should have a good shot at proving himself this week now that the entire Bills secondary is in the infirmary.  Hopefully lots of little effective passes to Ronnie Brown!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 30, 2009, 08:59 AM »
I am glad Bill Parcells is our GM!  Trading for Tyler Thigpen is a great move for the Dolphins. :)  I was very impressed with him last season with Kansas City and I think he will be a good fit to our team. :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:09 AM by JabbaJoe »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 1, 2009, 08:09 AM »
I'm really excited for this Monday's game.

It's a little known fact but Favre actually used to play for the Packers.  ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 1, 2009, 10:21 AM »

I'll admit I'm a little worried about the outcome, but definitely excited about the game.  Hopefully the Pack remembers to bring their offensive line this time.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 1, 2009, 10:25 AM »

I'll admit I'm a little worried about the outcome, but definitely excited about the game.  Hopefully the Pack remembers to bring their offensive line this time.

Just remember that if the Packers win you have to be gracious in victory, but if the Vikings win I don't.  ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 1, 2009, 10:27 AM »

Just remember that if the Packers win you have to be gracious in victory, but if the Vikings win I don't.  ;)

Okay, but remember if the Vikings win, they needed a Packers QB to do it.   ;D

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 1, 2009, 10:30 AM »

Okay, but remember if the Vikings win, they needed a Packers QB to do it.   ;D

You better believe it. That's what happens when your team thinks T Jack is a real QB for a couple years.

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 5, 2009, 08:29 AM »
Nothing like beating up on a division opponent like the Buffalo Bills to get your first win of the season! :)  I love beating up on those much hated division opponents, makes me feel good. 8)  Go Dolphins!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 5, 2009, 11:59 AM »
How about neither Cinci nor Cleveland being able to beat out the other until the last few seconds of a 5th quarter yesterday.  That was either a fierce rivalry game or two of the most pathetic teams playing right now.  I had high hopes for a second Detroit win yesterday, but as usual, they let it get away from them in the second half.  Now we just need to see the Packers pound the tar out of the Vikings tonight... :D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 5, 2009, 12:37 PM »
How about neither Cinci nor Cleveland being able to beat out the other until the last few seconds of a 5th quarter yesterday.  That was either a fierce rivalry game or two of the most pathetic teams playing right now.  I had high hopes for a second Detroit win yesterday, but as usual, they let it get away from them in the second half.  Now we just need to see the Packers pound the tar out of the Vikings tonight... :D

I like the Vikings tonight.

You've been over-rating the Packers since Playoffs 2007.  Vikings have a better D, better O-line, better running game, and the QB's are close - although I give a very slight edge to Aaron Rodgers.  The Packers have a better receiving corps.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 5, 2009, 03:53 PM »
I like the Vikings tonight.

You've been over-rating the Packers since Playoffs 2007.  Vikings have a better D, better O-line, better running game, and the QB's are close - although I give a very slight edge to Aaron Rodgers.  The Packers have a better receiving corps.

Well, I think I posted earlier that I give the Packers about a 40% shot of winning tonight.  The Vikes have a stronger line, better running game, probably a better overall defense and they're playing at home.  Rodgers does not have a good track record against them and we had no running game to speak of last week against lowly St. Louis.  I think the Packers are faster with the 3-4 in place and we probably have the best cornerback tandem in the league right now, but if Benson can put up 140 yards on us at home, I'm a little worried about what Peterson will do.  All that said, I'm going to the game, so I'm going to cheer them on until the end.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 5, 2009, 04:27 PM »
  All that said, I'm going to the game, so I'm going to cheer them on until the end.

That is awesome.  I gotta get back to an NFL game soon.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 5, 2009, 04:44 PM »
Justin, true fan... I like that! Admit chances are slim, but you're going to enjoy the game anyways! Cool that you are going to the game tonight!