Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 100361 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2009
« Reply #450 on: November 8, 2009, 05:04 PM »
I've never been so happy to lose a survivor league... the 0-7 Bucs, wearing creamsicle, beat the Packers.

******* greatness.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #451 on: November 8, 2009, 05:04 PM »
Looks like the NFC North race is over after today >:D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 8, 2009, 07:58 PM »
I've never been so happy to lose a survivor league... the 0-7 Bucs, wearing creamsicle, beat the Packers.

******* greatness.

Ouch, didn't realize you were so anti Packers.  That was a swell game - they got dominated in the 4th quarter and Rodgers was throwing more to the orange crush than his own guys.  Guess those 6 sacks per game are getting to him.  The Pack might still make it as a wild card, but I'm not holding my breath after this game.  IF that O-line can't hold the Bucs, then they wouldn't stop a real team in the playoffs anyway.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 8, 2009, 08:29 PM »
Ouch, didn't realize you were so anti Packers. 

Much more pro-Bucs than Anti-Packers.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #454 on: November 8, 2009, 08:37 PM »
I'm going to diverge from football to talk uniforms

I loved that the Bucs broke out their Orange unis...I wish the Broncos and the Bucs would both bring them back...I also really like the Pats old school unis

The Panthers and Jags ushered in this swoopy logo craze and totally ruined some of the more storied looks of my youth
« Last Edit: November 8, 2009, 08:38 PM by Scott »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 8, 2009, 10:45 PM »
Ouch, didn't realize you were so anti Packers. 

Much more pro-Bucs than Anti-Packers.

Ah, in that case congrats on the win.   ;)  It's always nice to see your team take the game back in the back half.

Per the Jersies, I have to agree with Scott on the Bucs retro uniforms - very cool.  That said, the NFL is pushing retro jersies just to sell more merchandise, which leaves me a little bitter everytime I see them.  Not faulting the NFL for trying to make an extra buck, but it would be nice if we were seeing old jersies just for the sake of something new and fun.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 9, 2009, 12:00 AM »
I was always wondering when the Bucs would get around to sporting the throwbacks... it reminds people of an embarrassing time in the franchise's history, so it's not surprise that it took so long to get around to it.  That said, I thought it looked pretty awesome and hope they do it more frequently.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #457 on: November 9, 2009, 02:41 AM »

The Panthers and Jags ushered in this swoopy logo craze and totally ruined some of the more storied looks of my youth

The Steelers don't really change, and I'm forever grateful for that.  THeir throwbacks are pretty much just basic black with gold lettering, and it's because their regular uniforms just don't get updated.  It's something I've really grown to appreciate over the years.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #458 on: November 9, 2009, 09:42 AM »
I was always wondering when the Bucs would get around to sporting the throwbacks... it reminds people of an embarrassing time in the franchise's history, so it's not surprise that it took so long to get around to it. 

Yeah, with them being 0-7, I thought it was actually a pretty appropiate time for them to wear the throwbacks - if they are playing like those teams, might as well dress like them too.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 9, 2009, 10:19 AM »
No doubt, they're terrible this year.  Raheem Morris is in way over his head.  The OC is a Lions reject, and they cut all the veteran leadership at the start of the season.  They gave WAY too much money to the likes of Michael Clayton... the team is a complete mess.  I don't think they'll win another game this year unless Josh Freeman can surprise everyone.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 9, 2009, 12:05 PM »
What do you think of your new "hometown" team Rob? 

Not much different than the Bucs, IMO.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 9, 2009, 12:43 PM »
I don't follow that closely yet... it took about 3 or 4 years for the Cowboys to grow on me to the point where I'd root for them.  I'm guessing it'll be a little while before I get at all invested in the Bears.

But yeah, not too impressive this season.  Better than the Bucs though...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #462 on: November 10, 2009, 02:43 PM »
Great game last night, the Steelers seemingly having a fire lit under their asses for the 2nd half and dominating it.

The leap by Ward was fantastic, and I liked the announcer publicly bashing the "dirtiest player" vote that he got saying he'd want a team of Ward's if he could have them.  Pollamalu was the star at the end though with the hit in the backfield and then the pick.  And I stand by Mendenhal as my pick at RB over Parker, but I don't know if I'm in the majority locally or not.  He was picking up yardage even in a pile of people though and that's what Parker doesn't do.

A fun game to watch...  It's always amazing to me how badly the out of towners need oxygen in Denver.  I've never been there in my life but that still fascinates me at how difficult it must be to play there yet the home team never seems to be that bad off.  I didn't think you could acclimate yourself to that, but I guess you can.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #463 on: November 12, 2009, 02:56 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #464 on: November 12, 2009, 04:05 PM »
Hmmm

Well, ok...