Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337003 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #165 on: November 3, 2009, 02:12 AM »
Scored Luminara & the AAT Driver Battle Droid tonight.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 3, 2009, 02:42 PM »
TRU had the latest wave of TCW repacks on the shelf. (Actually still in the case, waiting to be shelved) CW24-29, if anyone is interested.

No new BP's, no Wave 10.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 3, 2009, 09:15 PM »
Finally picked me up a shiny new Y-Wing at Target.  Only my second time seeing it out there at retail.  Got a 15% off coupon good on any $20 SW/Joe/TF purchase at checkout.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #168 on: November 3, 2009, 09:55 PM »
I found Ziro's assassin droid tonight, and so I picked him up.  I figure they fit in nice with the realistic figures, and I like the nifty paintjob on him and it's the first sighting of him so why not? 

Saw lots of the Luminara wave, and the wave prior...  I've still never seen Cad Bane though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 5, 2009, 10:42 AM »
Where'd you find Ziro's Assassin droid? Was it a Walmart, Target, or TRU?

I'm searching hard for this wave but no luck ANYWHERE so far...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 7, 2009, 04:54 PM »
Found the Freeco Speeder at WM this morning.  Was originally going to pass on this penis, but it looks really cool + this actually seems like a good deal at this inflated price point.   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 9, 2009, 12:51 PM »
Picked up Luminara (the last of her wave nowhere to be found on the pegs)...

GREAT FIGURE! And she's so tiny!!  :o Nice job, Hasbro ... BUT I'm gettin that annoying itch from all the times she drops her lightsaber - she can't hold it properly. 

Oh, and my Target is putting up all the new red-carded TCW. First time I ever saw the new SA Yoda and Space-suited Obi-Wan in person.  8)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 9, 2009, 03:14 PM »
I found Wave 10 at Walmart today! Padme, Matchstick, Ziro's Assassin Droid AND the Tank Gunner...all mine.  ;D

They only had 1 each on some less than pristine cards, but no way I was passing those up. FREAKING SWEET!

I just wonder if we're liable to see Wave 11 before the end of the year or if this is it for 2009. I had seen a December street date for these but who knows.

Either way, it's been a good run this year!

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2009, 02:24 PM »
I picked up the new Freeco Speeder recently.  The Obi Wan figure is a nice improvement over the initial one with the articulated legs and cloth tunic.  The speeder itself is nice in my opinion, with a detailed cockpit, retractable skids, and some attempt at weathering with the "frost" on the canopy - a rarity for vehicles packaged under the CW line ;) 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2009, 09:55 PM »
I saw the CW Padme/Matchstick wave, the CW deluxe wave with Obi-wan and Dooku on speeders today, and also picked up a Cad Bane for my nephew - I really hope this is the last CW wave that shows up this year - with all the various products to hunt for, heres hoping the Aayla wave doesnt show up until January.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2009, 03:29 PM »
Picked up the Red Repacked versions of Ashoka, Dooku, Cody & R2 today. I wish there had been the Destroyer Droid there too just so I could fill in all those numbers in my carded collection...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2009, 08:58 PM »
I saw the CW Padme/Matchstick wave, the CW deluxe wave with Obi-wan and Dooku on speeders today, and also picked up a Cad Bane for my nephew - I really hope this is the last CW wave that shows up this year - with all the various products to hunt for, heres hoping the Aayla wave doesnt show up until January.

I'd be happy either way at this point. It'd be nice to have one more wave to close out the year, but I hate the thought of hunting for these in December with all that holiday madness. I got a taste of it this week and am over it already. For what it's worth, EE has this listed as "Coming in December" but who knows what that means for actual stores.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2009, 01:44 PM »
I have a feeling I'm gonna be surprised when the new Ayala comes out mostly because of her height/scale. I hope she's not as tiny as the new Luminara, Ahsoka, or the older Padme (white/purple outfit). Maybe she'd be as tall as the CW Ventress.   ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2009, 08:51 PM »
Picked up the Rishi Moon Outpost Attack BP this morning at TRU. I'm officially done until Wave 7 or the 2 Target exclusive BP's come out. Whew!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2009, 09:12 PM »
Picked up the Padme/Matchstick/Tank Gunner/Ziro Assassain Droid wave this evening at a K-Mart of all places.

I was there looking for battle packs on sale... found the CW figures in addition to the two Legacy Collection BPs....

I also picked up MIP Obi-Wan w/Freeco Speeder and Dooku w/Speeder Bike to add to my packaged collection.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 09:15 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!