Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337058 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #315 on: May 13, 2010, 07:39 PM »
Scored Rex, Magnaguard, and the Firefighter Droid at WM tonight.  First time seeing them at retail, but I haven't really been hunting for them so this was nice.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 14, 2010, 02:41 PM »
the only place i saw these hit was tru,nice find

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 27, 2010, 08:48 PM »
Wowzers! Scored both Cold Weather Gear Anakin and Obi-Wan at a Target that has not put up any 2010 Star Wars products at all. If I remember correctly, I saw Captain Rex, Commander Cody, Cad Bane, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Cold Weather Anakin and Obi-Wan, all featuring Nahdarr stickers. Pleasantly surprised, except I was puzzled why only Cold Weather Anakin from TCW 2010 Wave 2 was present on the shelves, without a Sidious or Talz in sight. I wouldn't expect CWG Anakin to be the last on the shelves.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 27, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Wowzers! Scored both Cold Weather Gear Anakin and Obi-Wan at a Target that has not put up any 2010 Star Wars products at all. If I remember correctly, I saw Captain Rex, Commander Cody, Cad Bane, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Cold Weather Anakin and Obi-Wan, all featuring Nahdarr stickers. Pleasantly surprised, except I was puzzled why only Cold Weather Anakin from TCW 2010 Wave 2 was present on the shelves, without a Sidious or Talz in sight. I wouldn't expect CWG Anakin to be the last on the shelves.

Because those snow figures are part of a new case assortment...the other figures from the original wave are not. Sucks, because I really want a Magnaguard for openers and I am continually denied.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 28, 2010, 02:22 AM »
Makes sense. I'm getting tired of all these lame repacks and assorted cases with 60% old figures and the rest newer/in-demand figures. Hasbro has been doing this ever since TLC debuted, and they're still keeping at it even through TVC, too.

From the case I saw, there was Captain Rex, Anakin, and Obi-Wan, all from '08 Wave 1, and Cold weather Anakin and Obi. Why would there only be 2 "newer" figures in the entire case - Cold Weather Anakin and Obi? So, overall, that's 2 of each character in each case. These cases are beginning to clog the pegs - I've never seen TCW 2010 Waves 1-2 on shelf. And I really want an Aayla Secura. >:(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 5, 2010, 09:58 AM »
saw a case of wave 2 at a tru,a bit random being that case was due out in feb?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 13, 2010, 02:32 PM »
Picked up my first figures from this line last night at WM. Rex, Cody and Stone. They're pretty rad.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 15, 2010, 10:38 PM »
Stumbled across 2 cases of the Rex/Snowbi/Stone remix wave at Target and picked up another Snow Rex as my original had a rather goofy splaying of the ear flaps that bugged me. Was surprised to see any figures there at all since at least 2 of the others I have visited recently were cleaned out entirely.

Now resigned to picking up my openers of Hondo and Aayla from eBay.  :(

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 16, 2010, 12:02 PM »
Now resigned to picking up my openers of Hondo and Aayla from eBay.  :(

While I don't recall seeing Aayla listed, but I do recall seeing that Hondo is getting re-released in the 2010 Shadows of the Darkside packaging, so if you can hold out for that re-release, you'd probably be better off.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 16, 2010, 01:55 PM »
While I don't recall seeing Aayla listed, but I do recall seeing that Hondo is getting re-released in the 2010 Shadows of the Darkside packaging, so if you can hold out for that re-release, you'd probably be better off.

Really? That's interesting, I don't remember seeing Hondo on the list! I'll for sure pick him up, though, because I never got him the first time around. I wish Aayla was getting repacked, since her character is a favorite among fans. A much better repack choice than, say, Asajj Ventress again, although I know how much people sure like her.

I'm noticing, from web reports and my own local store findings, that Target seems to slowly be getting the newer TCW cases. Odd. They went with TCW 2009 products up until June 2010, but lately I've been finding cases with Snow Obi and Ani.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 16, 2010, 02:07 PM »
Here's the case assortment as per YakFace...

The Clone Wars Collection Wave 5
1x Rex Cold Weather (20954)
1x Cad Bane (20955)
1x R4-P17 (21467)
1x Shaak Ti (21465)
1x Boba Fett (21466)
1x Embo (21468)
1x Hondo Onaka (29778)
1x Zombie Geonosian (25274)
1x Clone Trooper Draa (25275)
1x Clone Commander Jet (25278)
1x Quinlan Vos (25277)
1x Cato Parasiti (25276)

I think the CW version of Shaak Ti has a lot to do with the lack of a Aayla Secura repack, Shaak Ti is in this wave and the previous wave according to the schedule.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 23, 2010, 02:26 PM »
Surprise, surpise!

I strolled into TRU at lunch today on the offchance they might have anything interesting, and what did I happen to find but TWO full cases of TCW figures from the Hondo/Aayla wave earlier this year. My eyes just about popped out of my head!

I scored BOTH Hondo AND Aayla for openers, which I have wanted forever it seems like. I was on the verge of caving and going the eBay route but I'm so glad I didn't now.

Now all I need is another Magnaguard redux for openers and I am totally and completely 100% done til the relaunch.  ;D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 1, 2010, 10:46 AM »
Last night on the way home I scored the second wave of the "Shadows of the Darkside" Clone Wars figures. Since I'm getting them all for the MOC collection, I grabbed the entire case so that I could get them now and take advantage of TRU's BOGO.

So I picked up:
  '10 CW01 Captain Rex [repack]
  '10 CW02 Obi-Wan Kenobi [repack]
  '10 CW03 Commander Cody [repack]
  '10 CW10 General Grievous (with cape)
  '10 CW12 Captain Rex (Cold Weather Gear) [repack]
  '10 CW13 Cad Bane [repack]
  '10 CW14 Clone Pilot Odd Ball [repack]
  '10 CW15 Asajj Ventress [repack]
  '10 CW16 Super Battle Droid [repack]
  '10 CW17 Ahsoka Tano [repack]
  '10 CW18 ARF Trooper [repack]
  '10 CW19 Battle Droid [repack]

Not a bad start to the new stuff....
« Last Edit: July 1, 2010, 10:46 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 1, 2010, 08:25 PM »
Got my order from TRU.com with TCW Fall Wave 1 plus the Interceptor Tank. Psyched to have these, but the cards were a little banged up, and the Tank has a definite smush. I foresee some swapping out in the future...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #329 on: July 1, 2010, 09:22 PM »
Found Aurra, Grievous and the Mando Police Officer but no Visla along with all the vintage collection today at my TRU.  Fantastic haul and at BOGO too!   ;D