Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336951 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #360 on: July 31, 2010, 08:46 PM »
Also grabbed the Saga Legends Battle Droid set from TRU earlier in the week (and was amazed that they are actually the Geonosis Arena SA versions from last fall and not the goofy 2002 Saga molds I was expecting Hasbro to cheap out with).  They even included two stands!

Nice find! I'm hoping that the SL Wave 2 will be at Targets and WMs once they actually put the toys out. Just a quick question for you regarding the BDs: Did both figures end up getting released with "eyes" painted on?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 1, 2010, 07:38 PM »
I found Dooku on his speeder bike for around $4 at Target. Pretty nice set. Never worth $16, but a nice set.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 1, 2010, 08:19 PM »
$4?  Wow.

I finally found Aurra and Pre Vizsla this weekend, but still no sign of the Mando Cop. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 1, 2010, 10:04 PM »
$4?  Wow.

I finally found Aurra and Pre Vizsla this weekend, but still no sign of the Mando Cop. 

Funny, because it seems he's the one starting to accumulate. It's pretty early to say that, but I've seen him more than anyone.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 1, 2010, 10:53 PM »
$4?  Wow.

Funny, because it seems he's the one starting to accumulate. It's pretty early to say that, but I've seen him more than anyone.

Funny.  Sounds like we need a figure swap!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 4, 2010, 11:35 PM »
I picked up a second opener of the Bane w/Pirate Bike today - I picked it up so that I could put the two Bounty Hunters from the hostage crisis battle-pack on a bike and so that I would have a Cad Bane that could pilot the Xanadu Blood when it comes out.

I really wish they were carding the deluxe Plo Koon figure - I want a second one of him for my Plo Koon JSF...

I also picked up the Clone Commando Squad 4-pack at K-Mar tonight. I was only going to pick up one for the MIB collection, but when I got it home I noticed that this 4-pack includes stands and cards. In case anyone is collecting the game cards in addition to the figures, I guess this means that this exclusive set will be the only way you can score a game card for the Spacetrooper Clone since that figure is the only one of the four that isn't in the Shadows of the Darkside Clone Wars line-up....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 5, 2010, 11:34 AM »
Picked up the three Clone Wars Battlepacks from Wave 1 this morning for my MIB collection. Scored two more Anti-Hailfire Droid BPs to open.

I got a site-to-store order at WM for two of the Clones/Droids BPs that's coming tomorrow so I'm now good with the first wave of the "Shadows of the Dark Side" battlepacks.

Has there been any confirmation anywhere as to whether or not the game cards that come in the Holocron Heist battlepack are unique from the cards that come with the individual figure repacks? I'm thinking the Anakin might have a unique card, but the other three figures (Ashoka, Yoda, Bane) probably have the same cards they come individually packed with.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 5, 2010, 10:30 PM »
Just got back into town tonight and hit up the local TRU...they finally got Kul Teska in stock. :)

I had to rummage through to find one in minty packaging with decent paint apps, but it was well worth it. I am keen to buy one for openers but I'm thinking it may be prudent to hold off a bit in case this ends up being part of some promotion ala Ponds.

Also saw the RC Hailfire Droid at Target for the first time. I held off on buying this for the moment, but I am heading back there tomorrow morning once I get paid.

Pretty good week!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 6, 2010, 11:10 AM »
Went back to Target this morning and picked up the RC Hailfire Droid. Not sure if I will open this or not, but at that price I'm not buying more than one.

Hit up Wal-Mart too, they were in mid-reset, no figures up yet, but they had a couple of Force Battlers. No Jabba.

Still no Jodo #$%^&* Kast at K-Mart. MAN, I cannot wait to stop frequenting those stores.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 6, 2010, 12:10 PM »
Went back to Target this morning and picked up the RC Hailfire Droid. Not sure if I will open this or not, but at that price I'm not buying more than one.

Hit up Wal-Mart too, they were in mid-reset, no figures up yet, but they had a couple of Force Battlers. No Jabba.

Still no Jodo #$%^&* Kast at K-Mart. MAN, I cannot wait to stop frequenting those stores.

You had better plan to open that Hailfire. It is such a fun toy! Banthaskull.com has a pretty good review of this with a neat video of the toy in action.

And your Wal-Mart is clearly doing better than mine. There is no reset in sight.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 6, 2010, 06:47 PM »
I hit five WalMarts this morning and not ONE had done their reset yet. Finally at the last WM, a VERY nice department manager told me that the district I'm in is not scheduled for the Toy Dept reset until next week and that the new SW stuff is being held for that.

Note to Hasbro: If you make WalMart wait too long w/o new product, they will squeeze you out of the toy aisle, perhaps Street Dates aren't such a good thing...

Since the only stores that really had anything new today were Targets in my area, I felt the urge to buy SOMETHING so I picked up two R/C Hailfire Droids.

So for right now, I'm "done" with Clone Wars until the Mace Windu wave (Wave 2?) and the Wave 2 Deluxe sets start to hit - which is probably any day, but it's nice to be "done" even if it's just for a hot second...
Peter

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 6, 2010, 08:19 PM »
Found all of Wave 1 of the deuxe sets at Target. They were strewn in there, but the prices were unmarked.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 6, 2010, 09:06 PM »
Just a quick question for you regarding the BDs: Did both figures end up getting released with "eyes" painted on?

Oops, sorry I missed your question earlier in the week, Greg.  Anyway, yes, both figures ("grunt" and "commander") had painted eyes, although they were the big "dilated" look instead of the more accurate smaller "dots."  That same TRU restocked earlier this week and I bought a second set of BDs, both of which also had the "dilated" eyes.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #373 on: August 7, 2010, 02:40 AM »
Man, I'd like to buy some BD's at all, so it'd be nice to find these 2-packs STAT.  And I'm all set for tan ones now too.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 9, 2010, 09:57 AM »

You had better plan to open that Hailfire. It is such a fun toy! Banthaskull.com has a pretty good review of this with a neat video of the toy in action.

And your Wal-Mart is clearly doing better than mine. There is no reset in sight.

thanks for the video link, I had been waiting to see it in action (can't believe hasbro didn't showcase it more).  It didn't look all that fast to me, but I did like the missle firing.  I would also like to see how it runs on carpet.