Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336962 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #930 on: June 11, 2012, 02:29 PM »
Nice, I saw one of these over the weekend MISB at Ross for $10 I think.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #931 on: June 11, 2012, 03:33 PM »
Saw Wave 2 CW (Rex, etc.) at a local Target...  only 2nd time I've seen that wave.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 11, 2012, 09:38 PM »
Saw Wave 2 CW (Rex, etc.) at a local Target...  only 2nd time I've seen that wave.

I saw some leftovers again from this wave this morning too...Aayla and Obi-Wan, also at Target.

I never know if I'm seeing leftovers from the straight Wave 2 or the mixed wave though. I keep thinking I have missed Scuba Ahsoka but there is really no way to tell.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 13, 2012, 04:31 PM »
The Target next to my office restocked with a fresh case of Class I vehicles...I picked up another Scuba Clone Set, although the paint apps don't look much better than the first one I found. No sign of the Dropship, but that wave is bound to hit eventually. I left the Attack Recon Fighter as 2 is enough of those for me.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 13, 2012, 05:17 PM »
The Target next to my office restocked with a fresh case of Class I vehicles...I picked up another Scuba Clone Set, although the paint apps don't look much better than the first one I found. No sign of the Dropship, but that wave is bound to hit eventually. I left the Attack Recon Fighter as 2 is enough of those for me.

Based on case assortments I saw - if you find the Scuba set, that means the Dropship wasn't in the case - and vice-versa.

Doesn't mean they haven't changed things up based on lack of sales on the TPM garbage sets though, which is always a possibility.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 15, 2012, 03:17 PM »
Picked up the Geonosian Speeder Deluxe set from TRU on sale for $11.99, that seemed good enough to me. I tried to wait out Kul Teska last year but I ended up missing out on any good sale prices before he disappeared from the shelves around here, so I figured I may as well bite.

Saw a leftover Aayla on the pegs at a Target, that was about it.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 17, 2012, 06:28 PM »
Holy crap, I found a new Clone Wars figure at actual retail for the first time since January!  Of course, it was the new Obi-Wan Kenobi, and it was 2 hours away from where I live, but hey!  New figure!  Maybe at this rate I'll find Boss and Rex by this time next year!

On another note, despite this being the first new Star Wars action figure I've found at retail AT ALL since the Vintage Deleted Scenes wave in February (which, by the way, is the last time ANY stores near me got ANY new SW figures), I almost put Obi-Wan back.  Even now I feel like I bought him out of obligation more than actual desire to have him, if that makes any sense (it probably doesn't).  Kind of sad, really, but hey, the Lego Monster Fighters "Crazy Scientist and his Monster" set I bought at the same time was well worth the money I paid.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 18, 2012, 08:24 AM »
On another note, despite this being the first new Star Wars action figure I've found at retail AT ALL since the Vintage Deleted Scenes wave in February I almost put Obi-Wan back.  Even now I feel like I bought him out of obligation more than actual desire to have him, if that makes any sense (it probably doesn't). 

I always feel that way too, especially now when we are so starved for new stuff. I already have dupes of all the Wave 2 stuff and I still feel a strong compulsion to grab that one pegwarming Aayla at my work Target.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 23, 2012, 01:15 AM »
Stopped at a WalMart on the way home tonight and they got in more Class I vehicles and they still had them at the clearance price of $9 - so I grabbed another Scuba Clone set for that price. Couldn't resist...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 23, 2012, 07:08 AM »
Nice score, Pete!

I saw the Scuba Set and Recon Fighter at TRU yesterday, but already have 2 of each so was an easy pass. The scuba set's paint apps were even worse than the two I already have, too.

I hit four Walmarts and a Target last night and didn't see anything good out there.

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 23, 2012, 10:58 AM »
I've only seen one figure from wave 2: Obi-Wan.  And that was back in early May.  I bought him, but I can't say that I like him substantially more than the 2011 version.  Boo-hoo.  Besides that one find, there is no sign of anything passed wave 1 in my area.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 23, 2012, 03:38 PM »
I have not found a new Clone wars item to buy since April 28th. Thanks Hasbro for making this hobby so enjoyable for my son and I. (rolls eyes while he thinks about the attention span of 7 year olds).

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 24, 2012, 07:48 PM »
I found Obi-Wan (again) and Captain Rex at Walmart this morning.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #943 on: June 25, 2012, 02:17 AM »
If someone were wanting Armored Savage Oppress or the CW Bossk figure loose, you can get both on the cheap on Hobbystock.cn's Ebay page...

Clicky To Go To The Store!

Good prices too, especially when, if you're like me, you never even saw Savage armored ina  store.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 27, 2012, 02:56 PM »
Good tip on the Bossk...I may pick one up tonight. I was hoping to snag an opener UBP on some kind of sweet clearance but that is not how TRU rolls, I guess.

I did purchase a Hostage Crisis BP that reappeared at my work Target for 50% off. I would have preferred it cheaper, but it's the only one left around town and I figured it would not last long. Nice to have something to open for a change.

Saw the Republic Sub and Recon Fighter Class I sets at Walmart over lunch. They hit first at Target here, then TRU, and finally Wally now. The shelf tag said 16.47, but I did not think to scan them, may have been even cheaper.