Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336956 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2009, 12:28 AM »
I think the line can survive a couple weeks rest while TLC gets some love.  There's clearly a give and take in all Hasbro's lines (SW takes the summer off while Hasbro goes to the movies) and I don't think Hasbro is neglecting their cash cow by any stretch.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2009, 12:47 AM »
Yep, I know the CostCo deal is only going to appeal much to non-opening MISB collectors like myself. I normally loathe repacks too but the one last year just really appealed to me for some reason. (Window packaging is pretty cool)

And yeah, I know it's a stupid rant given everything else that has been going on recently with TLC stuff, but it's just frustrating having no idea when to expect stuff you know has been ready to ship for months now.

Sooner or later it's bound to get better, it's not knowing when that keeps me on edge.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2009, 09:29 AM »
Yep, I know the CostCo deal is only going to appeal much to non-opening MISB collectors like myself. I normally loathe repacks too but the one last year just really appealed to me for some reason. (Window packaging is pretty cool)

And yeah, I know it's a stupid rant given everything else that has been going on recently with TLC stuff, but it's just frustrating having no idea when to expect stuff you know has been ready to ship for months now.

Sooner or later it's bound to get better, it's not knowing when that keeps me on edge.

First I've heard about the Costco Turbo Tank being canned, that sucks! >:( :'(  I was looking forward to getting that very much! >:( >:( :'( :'(  I have the AT-TE exclusive from last year and it is one of my all time favorite sets that Hasbro has ever brought out. :)  I love windowed box stuff and this is one of Hasbo's best ever!  Very cool and a great value for the price! 8)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:30 AM by JabbaJoe »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2009, 02:07 PM »
I LOVE the Clone Wars line ... we need something different! I realized that one time I was actually more into the animated figs tha into the realistic ones  :-X

I will respectfully disagree. Many of us don't have the room for a whole new line. Nor do many of us want to collect the same character again but in a totally different style. It's bad enough that we get endless resculpts in the realistic line.

If by different you mean never before made figures (that have long been requested for), in the realistic line, then you'd have other supporters.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2009, 05:26 PM »

First I've heard about the Costco Turbo Tank being canned, that sucks! >:( :'(  I was looking forward to getting that very much! >:( >:( :'( :'(  I have the AT-TE exclusive from last year and it is one of my all time favorite sets that Hasbro has ever brought out. :)  I love windowed box stuff and this is one of Hasbo's best ever!  Very cool and a great value for the price! 8)

Awesome, we think alike! Yeah, I was really bummed about this as well...they just mentioned it in the latest round of Q&A, "no warehouse exclusives this winter" or something like that. No explanation given, of course. CostCo should have all their X-MAs toys in by this week too, so I was looking for this to hit any day. :(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2009, 05:29 PM »
I LOVE the Clone Wars line ... we need something different! I realized that one time I was actually more into the animated figs tha into the realistic ones  :-X

I will respectfully disagree. Many of us don't have the room for a whole new line. Nor do many of us want to collect the same character again but in a totally different style. It's bad enough that we get endless resculpts in the realistic line.

If by different you mean never before made figures (that have long been requested for), in the realistic line, then you'd have other supporters.

I assumed he meant we need something different than the same old junk that has been lining the shelves for weeks now. Like new product. I have to concur.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2009, 05:50 PM »
they just mentioned it in the latest round of Q&A, "no warehouse exclusives this winter" or something like that. No explanation given, of course.

Considering that Hasbro never announced/confirmed a special CostCo edition Turbo Tank, I'm not sure they have to explain anything about not having one.

The only thing CostCo ever said was that they were planning on selling Turbo Tanks for $80 (the one shown in the CostCo press release was the standard edition box).  It was the internet that assumed that meant we'd be getting "a special window-box deal like the AT-TE had with extra figures and stuff".
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2009, 06:29 PM »
Pesky Interweb rumors!   >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2009, 11:37 AM »
MODS!! BREAKING NEWS FOR THE FRONT PAGE!!!!

The new TCW Deluxe Vehicle/Fig Sets have been spotted at retail!!!

I just bought the Count Dooku w/Speeder Bike & Obi-Wan w/Freeco Speeder at the local TRU!

First reported sighting (I think) ANYWHERE ONLINE!

Jedi Defender Exclusive!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2009, 11:19 PM »
And now at last McMetal can rest.   ;)

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2009, 11:11 AM »
 :D

The new CW wave has also been found by a friend at the house Sam built in Florida

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2009, 02:43 PM »

So much NEW STUFF!!!

"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2009, 10:25 PM »
Yep, I've just seen pics up of the new TCW wave too, not sure from where. Looks like there's going to be plenty of new toy love to spread around this week!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 1, 2009, 08:48 PM »
Does anyone know where the images of the upcoming products come from? Does Hasbro send these images directly to the websites? Are they leaked? Or do Bothan Spies upload the info from Hasbro's own Death Star and then send it to the collectors?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #164 on: November 2, 2009, 01:17 AM »
Yes.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird