Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336965 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #510 on: January 20, 2011, 12:57 PM »
Found a clearanced $20 Y-Wing at TJMaxx this afternoon 8)

thanks to you I grabbed one too   ;D

I was hoping to also be able to use it for the Hasbro free toy promo thing going on, but TJ Maxx just has this listed as "toy/books" on the receipt, nothing to indicate SW.  I am wondering if I mail it in with the UPC (since UPC's are not required) if they will accept it then as further evidence that it was a SW purchase.

I'm in a similar situation with my Kohls receipts. They just list "toys" on the receipt, but the UPC number is also included. I'm wondering if that will cut it... I suppose all I have to lose is the cost of a stamp.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 26, 2011, 10:39 PM »
Hallelujah! First score of the new year...a full set of TCW 2011 Wave 1 on minty cards. Knocked 'em all out in one fell swoop. Target had the hook-up.

Captain Lock, BARC with Jesse - you are next!  >:D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 31, 2011, 05:17 PM »
Grabbed Hevy, Bane with Todo, and Ahsoka's droid today at Target in Mishawaka, Indiana.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 31, 2011, 10:10 PM »
In an incredible stroke of good fortune, I found the elusive Clone Captain Lock tonight at the ghetto K-Mart across town. They had about 10 on the pegs, so I had my choice of the mintiest cards. I went ahead and snagged two so I am good to go.  ;D

And then there was one...Jesse!!!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 2, 2011, 02:01 AM »
Found a complete set of 2011 Wave 1 all MOC at my local Target on Monday morning - glad to have my MOC set out of the way - there was also a lone Obi-Wan on the pegs too so I grabbed him to open. I guess they got in two cases and someone beat me to the seconds of the other three.

Glad to finally find some 2011 product!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 2, 2011, 08:36 AM »
Found a complete set of 2011 Wave 1 all MOC at my local Target on Monday morning - glad to have my MOC set out of the way - there was also a lone Obi-Wan on the pegs too so I grabbed him to open. I guess they got in two cases and someone beat me to the seconds of the other three.

Glad to finally find some 2011 product!

I've seen more Obi-Wans than any other figure from the Wave as well. I'm starting to think that the figure is doubled up in case assortments.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #516 on: February 2, 2011, 10:27 AM »
there was also a lone Obi-Wan on the pegs too so I grabbed him to open. I guess they got in two cases and someone beat me to the seconds of the other three.

I've seen more Obi-Wans than any other figure from the Wave as well. I'm starting to think that the figure is doubled up in case assortments.

Yes, Obi-Wan is 2x per case in the primary Wave 20 case but I think he's only 1x per case in the Wave20R1 revision case.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 2, 2011, 10:56 AM »
In an incredible stroke of good fortune, I found the elusive Clone Captain Lock tonight at the ghetto K-Mart across town. They had about 10 on the pegs, so I had my choice of the mintiest cards. I went ahead and snagged two so I am good to go.  ;D

And then there was one...Jesse!!!

Nice score!  How much are they charging for him?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 2, 2011, 11:48 AM »
Nice score!  How much are they charging for him?

I paid $8.99...I figure it's probably more or less the same around the country. I'm glad I passed picking this up loose on eBay now.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 1, 2011, 03:21 PM »
I found some surprising new TCW swag today - the two new DVD 2-packs. Similar to the Walmart exclusive Malevolence sets, these are just repacks of previous figures with a DVD thrown in for good measure.

Content:
1 x Landing at Point Rain (Obi-Wan & Battle Droid)
1 x Weapons Factory (Anakin & Super Battle Droid)

I picked both up at Walmart for around $33, which is atrocious, but I figured what the hell, we're not getting any other new stuff anytime soon. I don't think these are exclusives, there is no stickering as such.

Mostly just notable because I haven't seen a single other report of these hitting anywhere else online yet.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #520 on: March 1, 2011, 03:48 PM »
I don't think these are exclusives, there is no stickering as such.

Yes, they are Wal-Mart exclusives...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #521 on: March 1, 2011, 04:47 PM »
I forgot to mention I nabbed Bane with TODO360 the other day.

Bane's awesome, really nicely done.  TODO sucks...  No articulation at the arms or legs.  I had hoped the arms would move up and down at least.  Plus he topples over quite easily.  His head is about all you can use to balance him so he'll stand.  He's quite lame.

Bane's nice though.  This was the only CW figure I was looking for, for the forseable future, so I was glad to just get him and be done.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 1, 2011, 11:34 PM »
Got my second order of Clone Wars vehicles from Hasbro Toy Shop today - Plo Koon's JSF, Xanadu Blood and Droid Tri-fighter.

The Plo Koon JSF was for my MIB collection and thankfully it arrived in great shape.

The other two were to open. I know I paid a bit more for each of these, but like it has been discussed over in the vehicles thread, in my area I haven't seen a new vehicle arrive since before the holidays.

I also grabbed another Cad Bane w/TODO to open - the Cad Bane will be the figure I put into the Xanadu Blood ship.

I also found the two new WalMart DVD 2-packs - "Landing at Point Rain" and "Weapons Factory" - it's getting to the point where the amount of times they have packaged the original Anakin and Obi-Wan figures in a multi-pack has just gotten ridiculous - they could have at least packed in the better articulated versions of Obi-Wan and Anakin with soft-goods, but unfortunately no. I picked up only one set for the MOC/MIP collection - I was really trying to put together a complete set of the Battle Game Cards for the Clone Wars, but I just can't justify another $30 on the hopes that any of the four cards are unique to these 2-packs.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 8, 2011, 02:44 PM »
No luck on the new TCW figs at lunch, but I did score another Special Ops/Geonosian 2-pack at one of the far-flung Targets. Only 2 Targets around here got these and one is completely sold out of the Special Ops pack already, so I figured I had better snag one while I had the chance. Definitely a good opener candidate to round out my Geo diorama.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 10, 2011, 09:13 AM »
Swet jeebus, it was THE BEST NIGHT EVER...

I ran across the river before hitting the gym to scope out the outlying Walmart/TRU/Target Trifecta and I hit the freaking jackpot.

Scored ALL of the new TCW Wave 2 figures, including doubles of Wolffe, Ahsoka, and the insanely awesome Aqua Droid. This particular case asortment apparently only comes with one El-Les though, as JTA noted yesterday, so I was not able to score an openeer for him but I am heading back out to wrap that up today.

I found them all at Walmart, but here is the kicker: they were nowhere near the actual SW section. They were on shippers as part of an endcap display that wasn't even technically part of the toy section, but in an adjacent area. I saw someone posted about this on RS too, so it must not be an isolated incident. Very odd. If I hadn't known to look around, I never would have found them.

They had at least 2 of everyone except El-Les, and there had to have been 6-8 new Anakins, which is sad because that figure is just AWFUL. I will share my thoughts on the wave in the designated thread, but I was incredibly happy to get all my MOC versions right off the bat like that.

So after that I was ready to call it a night, but figured I would go ahead and hit up TRU since I was so close by and I don't get to that store much. Well, what did I find but the NEW Army of the Republic Battlepack! hOLLA! The one I ordered from HTS should be here any day now, but I figured I might as well play it safe and buy one now in case the one I get from HTS arrives in sub-par condition. Returns are easy.

You'd think that would be it, but then I looked over and saw the whole new Vintage Wave 6 on the pegs!  :o

Weequay Skiff dude and Fi-Ek Sirch looked awesome and had to come home with me. I had no idea this wave was hitting at TRU, the ones around here haven't gotten anything since Wave 2. Unspeakably excellent!

So all in all, this was probably one of the most successful (and expensive) nights for me maybe ever.

WINNING!  ;D