Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337250 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #615 on: August 10, 2011, 12:21 AM »
Thanks to TRU's sale, I picked up Barris and Eeth Koth. Then, since I was feeling saucy, I went to a local WM and picked up El-Les and the Defend Kamino pack. Yeah, I'm a little behind.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 10, 2011, 02:25 PM »
I found (for the first time) and El Les at retail this weekend, and picked him up.  Then I happened across the deluxe vehicle Y-Wing Bomber at Target, and picked that up (it even rang up at $4.24).  Also got a Savage in a BBTS order this week.  First CW purchases in awhile, but all are quite cool.  There hasn't been a lot of new CW-wise around here lately otherwise, still looking for Eeth and Barriss.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #617 on: August 10, 2011, 02:59 PM »
I'm still hunting for the Y-WIng mini-rig.  It's cool looking and I'm going to remove the engines from it to make it a little more believable as a little speeder thing.  I'm really amazed the price errors haven't been found yet.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 10, 2011, 05:29 PM »
I'm still hunting for the Y-WIng mini-rig.  It's cool looking and I'm going to remove the engines from it to make it a little more believable as a little speeder thing.  I'm really amazed the price errors haven't been found yet.

They will find and correct it exactly one day before I finally stumble across him in a store. Book it!

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 10, 2011, 08:42 PM »

They will find and correct it exactly one day before I finally stumble across him in a store. Book it!
[/quote]

Or refuse to sell it to you because the suspect you have tampered with the UPC.

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 10, 2011, 10:55 PM »
Went into Wal-Mart and found the RC Hailfire droid for $17, so I picked up a second.  Only problem is I don't think I can run both at the same time. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #621 on: August 10, 2011, 11:31 PM »
No, they will not run if they're the same frequency.  I'm not sure if they'll run against the Republic tank...  Smart planning would say yes, but general principle would say no.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #622 on: August 10, 2011, 11:45 PM »
The Hailfire droid runs at 27 mhz according to the instructions. I assume the Republic Tank's instructions have a similar notation for the frequency it runs at.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 11, 2011, 12:28 AM »
Picked up another Republic Scout Speeder for $4.24 - too good to pass up.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 11, 2011, 11:17 PM »
Just got back into town from business in STL and made a beeline for TRU, which restocked yesterday. STILL no sign of Comm Blackout, but I was able to pick up the Republic Artillery Cannon and the Flitknot Speeder/Geonosian Deluxe set.

I do miss the dioramas with the midsize line, this was a nice bonus.

They had 6 of the Geo sets and NO sleds, BTW. I really feel for people trying to track that down, that case assortment is a real kick in the groin.

EVERY single one of the 6 sets had some kind of packaging defect too, I really had to go with lesser of 6 evils, think it will do, but I may pick up a spare if I can do so somehow on the cheap. I have extras for everything else they've released from that arc.

I see on JTA that someone found Wave 12 (Chewbacca, etc) on the pegs at a Walmart in PA. I guess they decided to skip over Waves 10 and 11 entirely? WTF?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 12, 2011, 02:18 PM »
I grabbed the TRU exclusive figure (clone commander blackout?) and a vintage cloud car pilot figure today at TRU.  They rang up 2 for $10.99   :)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 12, 2011, 05:36 PM »
Blackout was part of the sale?  He didn't scan under the price checker as such. Crud. That explains why they were all gone today. Of course, my local TRU showed no signs of restocking anything. What a worthless store.

Saturday garage saling, I found a Clone Wars R2-D2, missing a front panel, for 5 cents...as well as a POTF2 R2 and a Saga Ewok Throne (sans one pole) for 5 cents each. Also, a POTF X-wing missing canopy and three cannons for a buck.  (Sounds great, but i was out garage saling for about 5 hours!).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:07 PM by scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 15, 2011, 09:44 PM »
Finally was able to hit up a local Walmart in Rehoboth DE. No sign of any new TCW figures, but they did have a few RC Republic Tanks and 2 Assault on Geonosis BP's. Also a couple of the Wave 1 Rapid Strike vehicles.

Guessing there is some kind of more substantive reset coming, but no idea when exactly.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 15, 2011, 11:30 PM »
I've seen that RC Tank at Targets around Minneapolis as well.  Not willing to bite though at $40...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 17, 2011, 06:02 PM »
Saw all of the rapid strikes except the y wing at WM yesterday along with the new battle packs and the shuttle. Looks like they were resetting the store. The star wars display was shifted over two rows. Bad news is they do not look to be adding more figures because of the glut of flamethrower clone waves that recently jammed the pegs. Not sure if the same things are happening everywhere.