Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337106 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #900 on: April 27, 2012, 02:53 PM »
I'm good with that - Dimwitz works just fine...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 27, 2012, 10:34 PM »
Picked up the Euro-only 3-pack Set # 1 of 3 (Lt. Thire, Yoda, Destroyer Droid) off eBay - the elusive English language version.

Now I just need # 2 of 3 for a complete set.

Heading out shortly for a 3 Walmart run with no expectations...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 29, 2012, 09:20 PM »
I found the clone sub and Anakin mini ship thing at TRU today. I only picked up the sub, to hold on to until they lower the price or I find some on clearance. I want a few of these, it was exciting to see something new in he store for a change.

The Anakin has a headset sculpted into his head, I never noticed that in any of the pics. Still not enough to get me to buy it, if i was a clone repaint it would have me sold, but I think we have enough Anakins.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 29, 2012, 09:45 PM »
Picked up the Euro-only 3-pack Set # 1 of 3 (Lt. Thire, Yoda, Destroyer Droid) off eBay - the elusive English language version.

What are these?  Repacks?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 30, 2012, 09:31 AM »

What are these?  Repacks?

Yep, they are all straight repacks of previously carded figures. Nothing really compelling there, I just like picking up foreign exclusives.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 15, 2012, 08:59 AM »
FIND/RANT:

It is a wasteland around here, but I did see yesterday that ROSS got a refresh of Class I vehicles. I saw 2 Republic Scout Speeders, and oddly enough, the BARC with Jesse set in the old, bulkier packaging style. It strikes me as weird these would be shipping together.

Have to take a moment to vent, just out of pure frustration, and nothing new, but MAN, it sucks right now out there in retail. It was bad enough when we were just in that interminable 3 month lull, but now that new stuff is hitting, at least in other parts of the country  ::), it's beyond aggravating.

I'm getting up early every morning to hit at least 2 Walmarts on my way in to work, and although one of them only has 2 TVC figures left, neither has restocked in weeks. I hit up another 3-4 Targets/K-Marts/Walmarts over lunch, and at least 1-2 on the way home. If I go back out that night, I'll hit another 2-3 stores. This is EVERY DAY NOW.

I know a couple of other guys around town doing the same thing in their neck of the woods. Same deal. By my count now, there's something like 3 different Vintage waves shipping, 2 different Clone Wars waves, a new wave of Class I vehicles, and you can't find a damn thing out there. WTF?

I have a little cash saved up now and I think I am finally to the drastic point of A) ordering online and getting stuck with a bunch of figures I don't need and can't get rid of; or B) buying up ALL the figures at a few of my local stores and relocating them to BFE. (Dooshy move but this is what Hasbro has reduced me to)

Ugh.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 15, 2012, 03:02 PM »
Made the clearance rounds again today. I finally found the Grievous with Wheelbike Deluxe Set for $5.99 at Ross, which I snagged immediately. Also picked up another of each of the DVD sets as they were marked down to $5.99 as well. Seems like they are starting to disappear so I figured what the hell.

No sign of the Y-Wing Scout Bomber someone over at 'Scum claims to have found at a Ross.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 17, 2012, 05:14 PM »
Holy crap, I found an honest to God new toy!

A lunchtime Target run paid off with a brand new Attack Recon Fighter Deluxe Set...no sign of the Scuba Sub set so I must have missed it.

Not sure if Target is a place prone to just throwing things up on the shelves or it is more inventory driven than that, but I guess I will try to clear some space at my closest stores and see what happens.

Felt almost surreal to see something new out there...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 17, 2012, 05:56 PM »
I got my CW wave 2 & 3 case from Brian's the other day, but haven't had time to crack it open yet.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 17, 2012, 11:59 PM »
I got my CW wave 2 & 3 case from Brian's the other day, but haven't had time to crack it open yet.
[/quote

Don't be in too much of a rush.... the lack of articulation on many of the figures is criminal when you factor in the price increases we've seen this year.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 20, 2012, 08:51 PM »
I scored the CW Boss & the new Obi-Wan today.  Good to know these are actually in stores in my area.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 20, 2012, 09:32 PM »
I scored the CW Boss & the new Obi-Wan today.  Good to know these are actually in stores in my area.

what store?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 21, 2012, 06:39 AM »

what store?

Toys R Us.  I did not, however, find the Aayla Secura reissue or the new Captain Rex.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 21, 2012, 08:26 AM »
I have seen this new wave at 2 different WM stores.  I thought about getting Rex and Cody for a second, but with the articulation reductions with Rex - I decided to put both figures down. 

I am not going to support that...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 21, 2012, 09:09 AM »
I have seen this wave at ZERO stores, despite the fact that I am now up to averaging 8-10 runs to different stores every single day.  >:(

Apparently they have hit pretty much everywhere now but around here.

Even "relocating" stock from store to store seems to have no effect. That Grey Sticker at Target has lost all meaning I guess.

Getting to the point where even finding these stupid things isn't going to make me feel any better. It's just too hard now.