Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336957 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #945 on: June 27, 2012, 03:22 PM »
Did it scan?

I found a Renegades Cobra Commander last week that didn't scan (not found). I wasn't going to pay the $5+ that was the last mark down sticker price, since I got a Duke for $3.24 a week or so earlier.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 27, 2012, 09:16 PM »
THE BP scanned OK, yeah. I will have to go back to check on the Class I sets at Walmart, that store is a little off the beaten path for me.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 29, 2012, 08:21 AM »
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 29, 2012, 11:32 AM »
I have seen that Skrull Soldier six times now at retail; and each time I got there, Hawkeye and Black Widow were already gone.  Kinda wish I could find those two.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 29, 2012, 07:25 PM »
I bought a Hawkeye and Black Widow at TRU today at lunch actually. Only the 2nd time I have ever seen them on the pegs anywhere.

Where'd you find that Dropship though? Was that from an online order or actual retail find?

That is my favorite of all the mini-rigs this year, if only for the BFG.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 1, 2012, 10:49 PM »
As much as it makes my blood boil to both overpay and buy stuff I already have, I ordered wave 3 from EE today. After looking at the ridiculous prices on eBay I decided I would rather give money to a business that exists for collectors instead of hacks out sucking what few of these are out in retail into a cash grab. My hopes of ever finding these in a store ebbed when the calendar switched to July. It is crazy to me that an avid collector can go five months without seeing a new carded figure in a store.
     If someone wants to start a bounty for the first person to land a solid right hand to the Hasbro rep at Comic Con I am considering contributing.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #951 on: July 6, 2012, 07:25 AM »
Ordered the MTT from Target.com today. Can't beat getting it shipped to my door for $127.05.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 8, 2012, 01:54 PM »
Went to a comic convention in town today and the guy with the cool SW booth was back again. I noticed he had a Ponds and original Fox carded for sale and out of curiosity I asked how much. I believe he was asking $60 for Ponds and $80 for Fox...unbelievable. He also had a Revan and Malek or whatever but I didn't even want to ask how much those would have been.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 8, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Ordered the MTT from Target.com today. Can't beat getting it shipped to my door for $127.05.

I sure hope you can beat it, or I won't be getting one of these.  Nice exclusive, but I'm hoping to find it for $100 or less ...someday.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 9, 2012, 06:58 PM »
My wave 3 and Commander Fox came in today. I am tempted to hang pegs on the wall so I can walk by them for a while and see what it is like to have new clone wars on the pegs.

I also figured a reasonable thing to do with the extras is construct a Snow Mace. With a little sanding the mace head fits reasonably on the snow koon body. The brown neck stem is a little off color but at quick glance it is a passible figure. I figure that is better that them just sitting in a box, and since Plo was not really from the show (comic pack reject I believe) it works for me. And who doesn't have an extra Mace head (or five) sitting around?

It still breaks my heart to mail order for these, but at least I can look for deluxe to show up at Ross in a year or two.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #955 on: July 11, 2012, 09:02 PM »
A Republic mini-sub was bought by me recently, giving me two which is where I wanted to be...  I want to do a custom "late war" Clone using the animated figure and the Tartakovsky figure...  I wanted then to have a sub for the early war Tartakovsky figures to ride on because it just seemed appropriate.

I also nabbed 2 Pirate Speederbikes at $6.50 each at K-Mart in their extra 50% off clearance dealie right now.  A great price.  Still have B-Wings here in bulk.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 15, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Cleaned out my "home" Target tonight of all CW figures, roughly $94 worth of peg-warming drek. (Actually, just the carry forward remnants of Wave 2) I am hoping this somehow results in Wave 3 magically appearing sometime this week, although it's been so long since I've seen a store report on those, they may have stopped shipping already.

Will be doing the same thing with my "work" Target tomorrow as well, so we'll see what happens. I guess there is no rush seeing as how I've got six more months to track down a whopping four figures, but I'd just as soon get on with it, I guess.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 17, 2012, 03:04 PM »
So, the work Target refreshed today...with another case of Wave 2. Oh well, was worth a shot. I will try again in a couple of weeks I guess. There is always the chance the one near my house will hook something better up, I guess.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 24, 2012, 03:17 PM »
My "home" Target re-stocked with another case of TCW Wave 1...ugh. That's 12 figures that aren't going anywhere.

My "work" Target sold through most of the Wave 2 they put out, so I bought the rest up along with their remaining TVC figures. Fingers crossed, they come through with something good.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 30, 2012, 07:38 PM »
Got a Corporate Alliance Droid Tank off Ebay, with two Battlefront battle droids, for $11 including shipping. Decent toy (not toon accurate, of course, but released under CW), didn't realize the side guns don't rotate...kinda weak in that aspect. They should've put foot pegs on the side treads. The working tread in neat. I like the crew compartments. It really should be bigger, but that would've been unlikely. I still think the eyes are goofy, but anyway I wanted one in case I every make a  Battle of Kashyyyk display.