Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336857 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #960 on: August 3, 2012, 10:39 PM »
I was shocked to find Ahsoka, Wolffe and SBD tonight @ Target

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 5, 2012, 07:37 AM »
Congrats, bro...that's terrific. I did not think these were still shipping, so hope remains, I guess.

Were they located on the regular action figure aisle or on a dedicated endcap? Was this a Target that had completed their reset?

And what state exactly?

There are no Targets around here where I am on vacation sadly, but maybe I will get lucky on the way home.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 6, 2012, 11:44 AM »
I just picked up the Legacy of Terror set 1 of 2 today at Marshalls for $5

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #963 on: August 7, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Congrats, bro...that's terrific. I did not think these were still shipping, so hope remains, I guess.

Were they located on the regular action figure aisle or on a dedicated endcap? Was this a Target that had completed their reset?

And what state exactly?

There are no Targets around here where I am on vacation sadly, but maybe I will get lucky on the way home.
Regular aisle, MN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 15, 2012, 02:57 PM »
This morning I picked up two Commander Foxes and a Wolffe from K-Mart, and a second Wolffe and Scuba Ahsoka from Kohls.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 18, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Defend Kamino battlepack at TJ Maxx for $13. They are still shipping those 2011 battle packs. Had 2 Geonosis ones, as well. And some more of the AOTC vintage wave.

Marshalls had the Sentinel with Wolverine for $30. If any one is looking for those.

I like how some Ebay sellers want $20 to $30 for Blitz by himself, but you can get  the battle pack for probably that or less than that. I guess they never care if they sell anything or hope a sucker comes along...years later. Me, when I sell stuff I usually want it gone. Same with craigslist. I sold some Monster High dolls my dad got in a  lot at an auction for pretty cheap last Xmas. Maybe too cheap...but they sold and were gone. I had money. All these bozos who never sell their junk because they think its gold....they probably give up and throw it away.

Yard sale finds: Bunch of incomplete junked ships. A CW Jabba with no arms. Homing Spider Droid with no leg tops or weapons. TRU Hailfire with no weapons. TRU Imperial V-Wing with no missiles or wings. Utapau Obi-Wan starfighter with no missiles or canopy...Grievous fighter without...well, you get the idea. I think some kid was told he had to sell his SW stuff and made sure everything was useless!  :P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:39 PM by scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 21, 2012, 01:44 PM »
Unbelievably, I was able to pick up Scuba Ahsoka, Wolffe, and the training SBD today at lunch thanks to a fellow collector who kindly stashed them for me at a Walmart in the boondocks. Cards are not all minty, so will keep hunting some MOC versions for the collection. But still a huge relief to at least have these things in hand. 

This is not one of the stores that is part of my normal rotation, but I have yet to see signs from any of the other 5 Walmarts I frequent weekly. Still, reason to keep trying.

Kohl's was a bust again today. Wonder if it would help get things moving if I bought up their remaining pegwarmers? Not sure how that store works...seems like they just throw out whatever they have.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 22, 2012, 08:07 AM »
Kohl's was a bust again today. Wonder if it would help get things moving if I bought up their remaining pegwarmers? Not sure how that store works...seems like they just throw out whatever they have.

I have often wondered the same thing. The three Kohls that I have checked since the JTA report have all been a bust and it's not like they got stuff in and it flew off the pegs either. In one of the stores they have a lone Movie Heroes Super Battle Droid - and that's it for Star Wars figures, so it's not like that one figure is keeping any more from being brought out. Although space is rather limited for action figures - so it might also be the amount of other lines that may also be preventing figures from being put out, or even shipped to that store, so who knows.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 22, 2012, 08:55 AM »
My local Kohl's just re-stocked yesterday with a full case of Clone Wars figures...

Wave 1.  >:(

It figures the one Kohl's that restocks Clone Wars figures and DOESN'T put out Wave 3 is the one near me. I haven't read a single store report anywhere of Kohl's restocking Wave 1 swag. Lucky me.

The best part? They're $14.99.   ::)

It's like that store just took off from a running start and kicked me as hard as they could right in the grapes.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 22, 2012, 11:43 AM »
I saw the Scuba Ahsoka wave at Target yesterday I debated back and forth on Scuba Ahsoka but ultimately I put her down because of her price tag and complete lack of articulation.

Read that and take note Hasbro, because that is the way it will be with me from here on out.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 22, 2012, 10:04 PM »
Too bad that won't stop a myriad of scalpers from scooping it up and selling it for an even more insane price on ebay.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 23, 2012, 09:00 AM »
Too bad that won't stop a myriad of scalpers from scooping it up and selling it for an even more insane price on ebay.

That wouldn't be a problem if people would just resist overpaying for figures. There are too many people out there willing to overspend on stuff which creates that sort of secondary surge.

Hasbro could also easily remedy this by going back to selling individually carded figures on their own website.

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 24, 2012, 04:28 AM »
Found my first new CW figures in nearly 8 months last week at Target: Aayla, Obi & Rep. Comm. Boss (no Rex).  Saw the same lame Obi-Wan at a couple more Targets after that, so apparently that wave finally hit pretty well that day.  That Aayla's just a repack of the figure from a couple years ago, right?
Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 24, 2012, 10:05 AM »
Yep, Aayla is a straight repack.

I cleared out the last 6 TCW figs from the Walmart near my house in the hopes of a Wave 3 restock, but they are not nearly as reliable as Target with their restocking , so this is a hit or miss proposition. Fingers crossed.

Saw the Class I Wave 2 Revision 1 cases at two different Targets last night. This case assortment does not have the scuba set, but thankfully it does have more of those elusive STAP, Sith Speeder, and Naboo Skiff sets, because those are REALLY hard to find right now.  ::)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:30 AM by McMetal »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 24, 2012, 02:03 PM »
Scored another full set of TCW Wave 3 - Scuba Ahsoka, Wolffe, and the Training SBD - at Walmart over lunch today. Didn't even need an assist this time, I just happened across them while on a whimsical toy run, I almost forgot what that felt like. I consider myself VERY lucky, believe me.

Think I'm good with this wave now. Hope to see Fox and the Dropship sometime soon...