Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336976 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #1035 on: January 19, 2013, 09:05 PM »
Picked up the Darth Maul Returns pack for under $10 at Target. One store sold out of them, the other had 3 left...not gonna make it to 75% off. I don't regret getting it sooner, it's an okay pack but every reason i passed it by was valid. Maul's less than stellar upper body articulation is irritating. I keep wanting to turn him at the waist and the wrists. Opress's lack of ankles hurts, too.

Night Sister is good for what she is.

It's telling how less popular the show is that these hit 50% off. One out of town Target I went to last weekend had nearly a dozen left.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 19, 2013, 09:48 PM »
I am holding fast on waiting for 70% off or better on those before I load up. There is a Target near me that has easily 20 of these BP's at least. They do not seem to be moving either, just have to bide my time.

And I did buy two already at more or less regular price, so no guilty feelings about not supporting the line and all.  ;)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 20, 2013, 08:44 PM »
Yoda-packaged Wave 1 has been found in the Philippines.

No photos yet. Battle Pack Maul  is in the wave. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 23, 2013, 09:00 AM »
Forgot to mention I picked up what was apparently the last Legacy of Terror 2-pack that was hanging around at Marshall's. Think I paid $3 on deep clearance. Nice!

Still waiting on Maul packs to hit that 70% off sweet spot...

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 23, 2013, 01:52 PM »
One of the best things in January is playing the Target clearance game.  "How long will this last, and how far will it go down?"  I have spent a TON at Target in the past week or two.  I have toys for my son all the way through next Christmas.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 23, 2013, 04:38 PM »
I nabbed a CW Anakin at Target the other day for $2.50.  Hard for me to resist those $2-3 figures even if I have no use for them.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 26, 2013, 06:50 PM »
Forgot to mention I picked up what was apparently the last Legacy of Terror 2-pack that was hanging around at Marshall's. Think I paid $3 on deep clearance. Nice!

I found a  Brain Invaders one for that $3 price today.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 1, 2013, 09:30 AM »
My patience finally paid off...the Darth Maul Returns BP's have officially hit 70% at seemingly all the Targets around here. I bought four more yesterday @ $5.98 a pop, which cleaned out most of the stores around here that only had 1 left, but there is still one store I know with a good 15-20 of these at least. I'm seriously considering buying all of them. It's a great set, and $2 a figure is sort of my "all-in" threshold. These would make for some nice customizing fodder, considering we may never get a proper Mother Talzin, Nightsister, Spider-Legs Maul, one-armed Oppress with 2 trimmed horns, Maul with Mando-robo-legs, etc etc.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 2, 2013, 09:15 AM »
Ugh...I bought nine more Maul Bp's last night @ $6 a pop, I really should seek help.

All this talk about the death of the line is creating a hoarding impulse I think. Not to mention it's just a great BP that's hard to resist at that awesome price.

Was hoping to customize some Talzins into generic nightsisters but that looks like it is going to be too hard.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 11, 2013, 12:34 PM »
I snagged a Republic Assault Submarine Class I set at Ross this morning for $8.  ;D

Ever since I saw a similar report over at JTA, I have been stalking these, and it finally paid off.

Oddly, it was there all by itself, no other Class I sets anywhere to be found.

I stopped by 2 other Ross' while I was out but they had nothing, so pretty hit or miss I guess.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 13, 2013, 04:13 PM »
Good toy karma at Ross this week...today I picked up the TCW Attack Recon Fighter Class I set. There was no price tag on it, so I figured I would take my chances and when the girl looked it up at the register, she came back with $4.99. Hell yes! I am pretty sure this was supposed to be $7.99 like the Sub set I picked up earlier in the week but who am I to argue?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 20, 2013, 08:25 PM »
I got the Sub set today at Marshalls for $10

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 20, 2013, 09:46 PM »
I got the Sub set today at Marshalls for $10

Nice! I just got back from there with another one too, same price.

It's only a matter of time before I won't be able to buy Clone Wars toys from an actual store, so I'm trying to relish it while I can.

Been looking for some more Commander Foxes, who is supposedly showing up at some Walmarts again, but so far zippo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1048 on: February 20, 2013, 10:59 PM »
Gonna have to watch Marshall's more...  I would dig more Subs for customs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 2, 2013, 10:05 PM »
Took advantage of the TRU $4.99 TCW + BOGOHO sale to snag another Commander Cody and Aqua Droid for $3.75 each, not too shabby. I needed Cody for a custom project and the Aqua Droid is just about my favorite figure ever from this line, so no problems army building that guy.