Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337021 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #1050 on: March 11, 2013, 09:37 PM »
Stopped by TRU today for no apparent reason, and was shocked to find a Commander Fox on the pegs. This is only the third time I have seen him in a store, and the only time outside of Walmart. For $5 this was a no-brainer. This store generally restocks on Saturdays, so I tend not to expect much as I do most of my toy hunting Mon-Fri. Glad I made the time to stop.

Noticed new Clone Wars figures on the pegs at 3 separate Targets today too, and they all appeared to be the same assortment. But not one of the waves from last year. (EX: Rex and Obi, but no Boss, Aayla, etc) Wondering if these are those retread cases we heard about recently starting to hit....
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 22, 2013, 11:39 AM »
Got my case of CW 2013 Wave 1 from Toy Palace yesterday.

Glad to have the Anakin, Obi-Wan and Rex to open and a complete set of 9 to keep MOC.

Would love to get at least one of the 501st Troopers and the CW-BAD R2 to open, but I just don't see that happening at $40/figure and $30/figure respectively.

Sad way for the Clone Wars line to end.

Edit: Pulled the trigger on one each of the 501st Trooper, R2-D2 and Battledroid figures via a Canadian seller on Amazon - at least now I'll have one of each of those open. I'm okay with not having one of each of Savage, Maul and Cody to open since I'm pretty sure those three are straight-up re-releases.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:40 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 22, 2013, 08:53 PM »

Edit: Pulled the trigger on one each of the 501st Trooper, R2-D2 and Battledroid figures via a Canadian seller on Amazon - at least now I'll have one of each of those open. I'm okay with not having one of each of Savage, Maul and Cody to open since I'm pretty sure those three are straight-up re-releases.

Cody is actually a little different. The paint apps have been tweaked from the original release. It's not terribly noticeable, but it's different. If you hold the two up side to side it becomes more apparent.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1053 on: March 24, 2013, 02:38 PM »
I've picked up all the Class II sets but the droid thing...  These aren't their best designs n if things were to continue this way I wouldn't miss this assortment either.  I got most of them with $5 gift cards at Kmart so the price didn't sting as much.  The dropship is nice, the atrts deco is dismal, and Yoda I actually liked more than I thought but not without flaws.  Hate the throw away figures because they're really lame but whatever.

The dropship even as a repaint is the winner to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 28, 2013, 10:34 AM »
Got my 2013 Clone Wars figures I picked up from Amazon - so while I can appreciate slight paint differences with the Cody figure, I'm going to go ahead and consider myself "done" with the animated Clone Wars line short of being able to score more of the Jet Pack 501st Clone Troopers or Battledroids with the extra arm articulation at a more reasonable price.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 28, 2013, 11:15 PM »
LMK if you find any cheap jetpack troopers Pete, I would like 1 for openers myself if the price is right.

I picked up the original TCW Dropship Class I set today at Marshall's for $10. I was pretty suprised to see that because A) it seemed like SW stuff has been drying up at discount retailers lately and B) I never heard of this particular set being found anyplace like that before. So I was glad to pick that up on the cheap.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 29, 2013, 11:43 AM »
LMK if you find any cheap jetpack troopers Pete, I would like 1 for openers myself if the price is right.

Of course. I'm hoping there might be an online or store exclusive where they'll have a set of the updated Rex and three of these 501st Jetpack Clones.
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 13, 2013, 10:18 PM »
Today I finally picked up the Warriors and Droids Euro-exclusive Warriors and Droids multipack. It was a pretty penny but what I considered to be one of the very, very few remaining "gaps" in my collection. (The only other one now is the English language version of the Special Value 3-pack with Grievous, Obi-Wan and Cody)

The Warriors and Droids multipack is all repacks of single carded figures, very similar to the Legends of the Clone Wars multipack, but a cool offbeat novelty nonetheless, IMO.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 17, 2013, 09:26 AM »
Saw a bunch of Walmart DVD 2-packs at Tuesday Morning yesterday, but they were all the Ahsoka/Clone sets. None with Obi-Wan. Weird. Still $7.99.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 6, 2013, 10:31 PM »
Got some MOC and loose figures from a kid selling his stuff at a yard sale. 2008 Rex, Oddball, dirty Clone Trooper and Holo Grievous  moc (some of the carded were creased). Loose Cody, a wingless cancell, incomplete ROTS obi-wan Jedi starfighter and some movie figures.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2013, 10:38 PM by Scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 7, 2013, 09:46 AM »
It's funny, I have been looking all over for secondhand TCW figures for customizing and I can't find any ANYWHERE. Not at Goodwill, not at Salvation Army, not in thrift stores. I literally have no idea what parents do with their kids' toys around here once they have outlived their usefulness. eBay I guess. Hard to find good deals on there though.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1061 on: May 7, 2013, 10:04 AM »
It's funny, I have been looking all over for secondhand TCW figures for customizing and I can't find any ANYWHERE.

Sending you a PM.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1062 on: May 7, 2013, 01:36 PM »
I don't have luck finding SW stuff at Goodwill or Yardsales either...  I dream of that same dream, but no luck for me.  I think it's more miss than hit generally.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 7, 2013, 04:15 PM »
I don't have luck finding SW stuff at Goodwill or Yardsales either...  I dream of that same dream, but no luck for me.  I think it's more miss than hit generally.

Lot more miss than hit, and if there's a  craigslist garage sale ad that mention Star Wars product specifically, you better be the first person there! 

Some summer weekends I could hit 30+ sales and not find anything toy wise worthwhile.

Just buying some junk lots off ebay would be more economical, given the cost of gasoline (as well as the hours of your weekend wasted looking at ceramic frogs, holiday decorations, fast food toys, romance novels, religious materials, VCR tapes and all the other dreck that is commonly found at yard sales).

But then  I wouldn't have my sub-collection of incomplete ROTS Jedi starfighters and handless action figures!  :P
« Last Edit: May 7, 2013, 04:17 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1064 on: May 7, 2013, 09:32 PM »
It's like tools...  if tools are mentioned you'd better get your ass up early.