Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336916 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #1125 on: January 3, 2014, 10:53 PM »
Had to return some stuff out and about tonight so I stopped by Marshall's and picked up the SOTDS Anakin's JSF for $12 on clearance. It was the last Star Warsy thing they had outside of a lone MTT. I sort of felt sorry for it so I figured I would give it a good home.

I did a quick mental inventory and this was the last Clone Wars Class II vehicle anyplace I know of around town. I also bought the last Clone Wars Class I set around town earlier this week, except for that one solitary AT-RT set I just saw at Tuesday Morning for $15. I'll probably buy that eventually too. They still have a couple of the DVD 2-packs too, for $7.99 each still I believe.

So outside of Tuesday Morning and 5 Below, I don't think there is a single place around here that has any TCW product left on the pegs. I'm seriously doubtful...Rite Aid maybe? Possibly a Kohl's?

Sad days indeed.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 17, 2014, 07:17 PM »
I bought a couple more phase II clones st 5 Below today, and then swung by Tuesday Morning and picked up the last TCW class I set around these parts, along with a Walmart DVD 2-pack for good measure. Not much clone wars stuff remaining out there...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 29, 2014, 08:46 PM »
Snagged a Geonosian Speeder Deluxe Set @ TRU for $9 on clearance. Also picked up a few more Phase II clones at 5 Below, can't have too many of those guys.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 21, 2014, 09:56 AM »
Went back to TRU over the weekend and picked up the rest of their Separatist Speeder Deluxe Sets for $6 a pop. No more Clone Wars at that store!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 25, 2014, 01:16 PM »
I have pretty much cleared out all of the 5 Belows around here of any interesting TCW figures other than Anakin or Yoda, but I did find a few still on the pegs at Tuesday Morning today for $6.99. Not as great as $5, but I picked up another Phase I Clone Trooper for kicks.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 4, 2014, 07:30 PM »
Grabbed a SOTDS Spacesuit Anakin figure for $5 on clearance at Tuesday Morning, along with the last Brain Invaders 2-pack for about $6.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 13, 2014, 09:45 PM »
I finally snagged one of the very last remaining gaps in my Clone Wars collection...the Grievous/Cody/Kenobi Special Value 3-pack (English language version). This thing has been a real pain to track down, especially the English language version, but I finally found a UK seller who agreed to ship to the US. I've been looking for this thing for a couple of years now so it's a big relief to finally be able to cross it off my list.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 3, 2014, 08:54 PM »
Picked up a nice carded Aqua Droid today at Tuesday Morning for $2.79 + tax.  :)

I guess they are having a big clearance blow-out going on right now, saw some Saga Legends figures for the same price later at the store across town.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 5, 2014, 09:09 PM »
Picked up another dirt cheap Aqua Droid at yet another Tuesday Morning yesterday. I counted up and found that I now have 26 "extra" Clone Wars figures I've accumulated over time at bargain basement prices as future customizing fodder. Probably should get around to actually doing something with 'em now I guess!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 1, 2014, 09:14 PM »
The 5-Below near me is like an unrepentant crack dealer, they will not stop feeding my jones for cheap Clone Wars figs.

This store restocked AGAIN this week, and I walked out with the following:

Republic Commando Boss
Captain Rex
Commander Fox
Chewbacca
Clone Trooper Phase II (x2)

They actually had a few more Clone Troopers but I had to exercise some restraint. By which I mean I will be back to pick them up in the next day or two...LOL.

:D
« Last Edit: July 1, 2014, 09:56 PM by McMetal »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 1, 2014, 09:23 PM »
Whaaaa? The Five Below near me hasn't restocked Clone Wars in a very long time. I'll have to check this week because some extra cheap troopers are always nice.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1136 on: July 2, 2014, 01:35 AM »
Yeah, my 5 Belows blew out all the GIJ they had, haven't restocked now in a while, and I've not seen a Star Wars restock in ages.

They have the last couple TPM Wave TVC figures still lingering like a fart in a car, and the odd TCW figure, but nothing else.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 2, 2014, 09:09 AM »
Yeah, we have 3 here that I hit regularly, and the 2 that are farther away haven't stocked jack squat for SW in months it seems. But for whatever reason the one right near me keeps putting out new stuff regularly. Not sure if they had a bunch in the back or what, but I'm hoping as long as I keep buying them they'll keep putting more out...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 3, 2014, 12:17 PM »
Went back to 5 Below this morning on the way to work and picked up the last 5 Phase II clones. I believe this brings my total up to 18 now.  ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 13, 2014, 11:42 PM »
Thanks to the report over at JTA, was able to double down on some Clone Wars SOTDS goodness @ Ollie's tonight:

Xanadu Blood/Vulture Droid
AT-AP/Swamp Speeder

$10 apiece for these vehicles is freaking awesome!

Will definitely be going back this week to pick up a Jedi Turbo Speeder and Mandalorian shuttle.  ;D