Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 335909 times)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #1170 on: September 13, 2017, 08:58 AM »
I forgot to say thank you gentlemen.

I never would have figured out the Stormtrooper
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1171 on: May 8, 2019, 03:03 AM »
I got an ATTE in a nearby town that’s not so nice, and it has all but one leg, and the cannon barrel, driver hatch, and the launching projectiles (of course).

So overall complete really, and it’s a custom project anyway (Imperial Era updated ATTE).

$20 so a fair deal.

However, upon getting it, I noticed it was covered in pop in the central area which has the vent into the electronics...  the electronics worked but it was the stickiest of the icky.

So tonight after I got home I embarked on a complete teardown and washing of everything.  I was in for one hell of a job.  This thing is so insanely complexly engineered, at least for a toy.  I am fairly mechanically inclined but even I had to start being extra careful to put the screws back in where they cane from after I got a section apart, because there are quite a few different sizes and there is an absolute ****load of screws overall.

I’m mulling over modifications to the interior and breaking out the ICS.  I’m going to get the missing leg right away.

Ultimately I’ll be right back tearing it down (I mostly put it back together once cleaned and dry to keep things together) in the future to repaint and rework things, but the experience of doing it once was quite a learning experience.  This was $100 11 years ago.  I cannot fathom this costing less than $300 now, minimum, and I am probably grossly underestimating that.  I wouldn't be shocked if it em was $500 and they took out the lights and sounds.  I’d dare say the Barge isn’t close to being as complexly designed as this is.  Larger sure, nice yes, but not as complex.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2019, 03:05 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 8, 2019, 08:32 AM »
That's cool Jesse, I never even took mine out of the box. I have thought about doing a similar custom project to create Rex's ride from Rebels. Daunting tho.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1173 on: May 8, 2019, 02:20 PM »
It’s a definite headache to do so be aware before you go in haha. 

I have a couple already but this one is ideal for what I wanted to do ultimately.  And hey, $20 is cheap for even one missing parts now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 1, 2022, 02:21 PM »
Time to dust this musty old thread off with an exciting update!

After many, many years of looking, I was finally able to secure the last item I needed for a 100% complete Clone Wars collection. (Based on my definition anyway)  ;D

The Commander Cody/Clone Trooper 2-pack was #3 in a set of three Euro exclusive 2-packs that were issued in the same packaging style as the exclusive Walmart CW 2-packs with Yoda, Rex, Fives, etc.

Although I was able to stage the first two pretty easily, the third one became incredibly elusive as time went by. Most collectors were barely even aware these things existed, and they never popped up on the secondary market. Until today that is!

It was very expensive but given the scarcity, I kind of understand. Made the guy a Best Offer and he just accepted.

I think this is the longest term “Grail item” I’ve ever pursued, and I don’t have many of those to begin with, so it was/is a great feeling!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy