Author Topic: How Much is Too Much?  (Read 55297 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: How Much is Too Much?
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2012, 04:13 PM »
Agreed with WM being the place to shop. I've found pretty much everything there, and my one complaint would be that they need to stock more Vintage figs, as all my stores really have are Qui-Gons, Obi-Wans, and figures from the ROTS Wave. But then again ordering TOO much Vintage would be bad. They also have the coolest exclusives (the DTF wave is pretty cool actually, lots of great repacks that blow Movie Heroes away), if the Dewback and co are overpriced. And TRU is worth checking out for the sales even though my local store restocks maybe 4 times a year. Target is just awful right now, with NO selection and the worst exclusive sets, and worst prices to boot.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2012, 02:16 AM »
TVC figures went up from $10.99 ('11 TVC) to $11.99 with the new re-launch. Plus, the only figures available at my local Targets are the crappy pegwarmers from last year. This sucks.

There's never any new figures at my store anymore, which severely pisses me off because Hasbro has really been stepping up their game with sculpts. At this point, action figure sculpting is so amazing that each figure looks like a mini-Sideshow Collectables 12" figure.

I'm beginning to officially lose faith.

Dude where do you live?  I don't get that.  Are you in the USA?

Yup, I live in the Bay Area, California. The only retailers in my city are two Target stores. There used to be a TRU close by, but that closed down in 2005, right after the ROTS line finished its run. I have to travel an hour or so (and cross a bridge) to get to the nearest Walmart, and the nearest TRU is probably a good hour and a half away.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2012, 08:16 AM »
I reached my point a long time ago.  I pick up a few new vintage now and again (I'll get a Tarkin and Sandtrooper) I did get a Phase 2 Clone but that's about it.  I collect vintage stuff I had as a kid when I see it cheap.
If you think the Hasbro prices are too much (I do) you should try collecting Kubricks.  I'm not just talking about what chase figures fetch in the secondary market, I'm talking about the huge price increase compared to what i paid when these things first came out.  Had to stop those all together.

md
I Dream of Yumbos...