Author Topic: New Target Accessory Sets  (Read 2080 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
New Target Accessory Sets
« on: July 6, 2003, 12:42 PM »
Any word on these lately?  When they heck are they coming out?  Who's looking forward to these and how many of each one do you plan on getting?  What are their drawbacks?  How would you have improved them?

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New Target Accessory Sets
« Reply #1 on: July 6, 2003, 02:15 PM »
Well, this is the question on EVERYONE'S mind right now, and from the sounds of all the "official" answers I've heard about it around the net, these sets are currently in a state of limbo.  The original 4 Accessory Sets didn't sell very well, especially that Hoth one!  So perhaps Target got nervous and decided to pass on the next 3 sets (ala Walmart with wave 2 of the Cantina figures).  I really hope this isn't the case though...

That said, if they do ever see the light of day, I'll probably only be buying a couple of each (perhaps a few more of the Rebel Tech), as these generally don't do too much for me.  Gungans?  Hate 'em.  Gamorrean Guard - pretty cool, but the accessories don't excite me too much.  Rebel Tech - figure's only so-so, but it's got some cool accessories that we've never gotten before, like all the ladders and the little "wand thingees"...

What would I have done differently?  Boy, that could take a while to explain all my ideas on that.  More new accessories, a better, more needed figure (or at least a better kit bash), etc...

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #2 on: July 6, 2003, 05:44 PM »
As of now these are on an indefinite hold for Big H.
Now have been produced past the prototype stage, unlike the Cantina sets that have been produced in decent numbers all packaged and all.

I'd rather see some these accessories thrown in with regular issue figs, or even vehicles. Nothing really got me excited on these... and I think IMO that these would've warmed pegs even more than the previous four.

I do think though we'll see either the sets in the future... or at least many of the accessories.
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: July 6, 2003, 05:54 PM »
The original sets sold pretty well.  I must have traded about 4-6 of each of the accessory sets to other people who needed them, so I would say they were (at one time) well wanted.

I think an accessory set should have lots of weapons (blasters, rifles, lightsabers, etc.), and a figure that is worth while.  Make a figure that either hasn't been done before, or make one that could use a nice resculpt.
dustrho

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 7, 2003, 11:24 AM »
This sounds like a job for...

The Star Wars Fan Club!

Remember them? They used to put out some pretty frickin' awesome exclusives. I've been perusing my collection lately and couldn't help noticing the fun figures and cool packaging. From Oola & Salacious Crumb to Muftak & Kabe, the Carbon Freezing Chamber to the Sneak Preview Mace Windu, these were some pretty nice collectibles.

I say skip the 4-color packaging, dump the accessories into a white shipping box along with a figure, and sell them through the Fan Club as a complement to the Army Builder sets.
Post sober.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: July 7, 2003, 11:32 AM »
I am fairly convinced that the Cantina Sets were made and are sitting somewhere, these I am not so sure about.  Both I agree would make awesome FC exclusives.

I don't think the FC should buy them all though because almost all of their exclusives have been way over bought and in then end sort of ruins the exclusiveness by selling them on clearance

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #6 on: July 7, 2003, 11:48 AM »
I agree on the taking just the accessories to the FC.
I mean package them in a generic white box and voila'...

The figs could easily be skipped on because none of them were worth their weight in plastic IMO.

Also these could be used as part of a Jedi Master points promo. As of now there is a "specific" figure that is due to be used for a Jedi Master points promo. I have tried everything I can to get it out of my source but to no avail... [yet anyway  ;)
So in essence give people a few choice and make these one!!!

That'd make too much sense though Hasbro  ;)

OCB the Cantina sets are definitely sitting around waiting to be picked up on... Though production was halted during the process. So there are units that will hit, which is due to be the Euro market (another Eopie/Qui Gon horror), there is not as many as Hasbro planned on from what I hear.

I think the Cantina sets will be harder to get but not impossible. I think those that work the hobby will get them, but those that sit around and wait for everything to just fall on their lap will miss the boat...

Keep in mind many online retailers have orders in... some may get them others won't... but as long as they hit Europe we should be better off than nothing...

To be honest though you're not missing a whole lot on these ;)

Of course with Hasbro anything is "subject to change" and these could easily be back to being US exclusives... but this is the word as of now.

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Jango Fettish

« Reply #7 on: July 7, 2003, 12:03 PM »
Well, Brian's Toys was the first to break the news that they will be domesticating them. Of course, they'll be near unaffordable.

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #8 on: July 7, 2003, 04:06 PM »
Brian's is among many though that intend on bringin them into the US.

Amoktime, John's Toys, Alliance Collectibles and a few others also have plans to do the same...

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan