Author Topic: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST  (Read 40800 times)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST
« on: March 31, 2009, 01:06 AM »
Rumors about the legacy version of the scout walker appear today 30 th march on rebelscum
A highly detailed cockpit, taller At st, movable guns and legs, open hatch and an atst driver included.

I hope it comes with a nice paint job like endor version. This is a want for most of us, so I ask you What do you expect for this toy in decoration, articulation, paint job, etc?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 06:01 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2009 TLC AT-ST
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 01:14 AM »
If the height is anywhere near accurate to what they reported, I'm disappointed.  "bigger than 13 inches" is a little vague about the possible height, but unless it's about 18.5 inches or so, it's still too short I think.  Hasbro's mentioned wanting to do this in the past in Q&A's I believe (possibly from us IIRC), so I'm not surprised it's rumored, but at the moment I'm also not holding my breath.  So many rumors these days are unreliable...  This one seems a little more valid I guess, but still I'm reluctant to believe a lot that's posted anymore.

The two-packs for Clone Wars were also mentioned.  I'm wondering if they're replacing the ones with the droid if they come true?

Anyway, I'd love a scaled AT-ST, and the rumored price I'm ultimately ok with if it's as nice as I could imagine it being, but unless it's to-scale I'm not picking it up for $50.  It has to be pretty perfect for that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 09:13 AM »
Although there are always so many rumors, I'm really hoping that this one holds true.  I've been hoping to see a few more upgrades to some of the OT ships, and like Jesse (and others) have mentioned in the past, the AT-ST, Snowspeeder, etc. seem like ones that are "do-able".  It sounds like it could have some nice features, and if they get the scale close to right it could really be a nice vehicle.  I wonder if this is one of the "exciting exclusives" that Hasbro mentions when asked about possible OT vehicles this year.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 10:29 AM »
Awesome! Though, I'm sure this means that the AT At is further off, if there was one in the works beyond the GH version.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 12:20 PM »
I hope Hasbro make the at st cockpit like the TLC awing one, without decals, all features in plastic. This is the degree of realism and accuracy for OT vehicles we´re looking for.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 05:39 PM »
If the height is anywhere near accurate to what they reported, I'm disappointed.  "bigger than 13 inches" is a little vague about the possible height, but unless it's about 18.5 inches or so, it's still too short I think. 

Yup.  Sounds like they can keep my would-have-been-2-sales on the shelf.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 09:23 PM »
Considering the current one is 10.5 inches, they're not adding much.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 09:40 PM »
I'm looking forward to buying this, but only if they nail it.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 09:52 PM »
Considering the current one is 10.5 inches, they're not adding much.

Exactly, which makes me suspect the rumor a little bit, or the details the rumor entailed at least.  I'd imagine we get something better for $50...  13 inches barely improves what we already have, and really makes for a tiny toy.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 10:36 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 10:07 PM »
The AT-ST was one of my favorite vehicles from OT.  Scum has been wrong on a great many of things, but I hope Hasbro does justice to the new mold - if it's even coming out.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2009, 10:47 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 10:36 PM »
I'm hopeful too...  if it were to-scale, even at $50 I'd probably buy 2 of them at least, and more if I could find them for a little less or on sale at some point.

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 1, 2009, 09:29 AM »
No April Fool Joke Here, it's a Wal Mart exclusive.  Pics are out, but no will post them.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 1, 2009, 10:24 AM »
Sounds exactly like an April Fool joke.

I agree, 2-3 inches taller isn't that much, but I'll wait to see it before I pass judgement.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 1, 2009, 11:12 AM »
Definitely April Fools.  Hasbro needs to max out sales of things like large new vehicles, and that means selling them everywhere they can get shelf space.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 1, 2009, 11:58 AM »
Yeah, I sort of thought that if they were going to tool an all new vehicles - let alone a large $50 or more vehicle - it would be a mass retail release.  Maybe they are going to do things like this with exclusives now (since, for the most part, OT vehicles are pretty sparse these days), but in the past exclusives have been things more along the lines of the upcoming Wedge X-Wing.  A vehicle that has already been released, is minorly tweaked with paint apps and includes an exclusive figure.

I hope that the overall concept of the new AT-ST isn't part of the joke, and that is indeed on the way at some point.  I'd just as soon it not be a Wal-Mart exclusive though, overall those seem to be the most hit and miss of all retailer exclusives around here.