Author Topic: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST  (Read 40793 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2009 TLC AT-ST
« Reply #30 on: May 4, 2009, 06:57 PM »
The AT-ST is at the top of my list to get remade and I do believe it's a shoe in for this year. The Target UBP run killed/milked it one last time so I can see them needing to get this back into the mix. The Snowspeeder is not on my radar to get redone. Despite scale I think it still holds up well enough. I am not opposed to a new mind you, I just have the nice set of three so it would render them obsolete. It would be nice if they kicked it TRU B-Wing style with the alternate stickers to customize the looks that way you can create all of the rebels rides in one shot. I would be down with 4-5 of them. I am ecstatic to see any new OTC stuff so I will not complain either way, it would make buying vehicles fun again. I am so bored of prequel ships. I am looking forward to that new CW Y-wing though.

My top five OTC vehicle re-dos are:
1. AT-ST
2. AT-AT (If we do get a new Snowspeeder surley a new larger AT-AT is needed.)
3. Slave one (I miss the old school storage compartment, make it bigger!)
4. Rebel  Troop Transport (Yes but the flying Sperm ship should get the Sandcrawler Previews upgrade. No new tooling needed and you are focused on collectors. It beats the stupid Ecliptic Tie repaint.)
5. Speederbike (No more spring suspension or explosion action. Just make it detailed plastic.)

My utmost wish would be a new Outrider (It will never happen unless Dash Rendar is in the new TV show. I know wishful thinking.)

I hope they start redoing some beasts too like Taun-Tauns, Jabba and the Dewback. The POTF2 stuff is way too dated looking, I am actually beginning to ditch what little I have left of it despite not having upgrades yet on several things. it's a great way to make room too.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2009, 06:01 PM »
Hasbro SDCC'09 Slide:
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2009, 06:08 PM »
Looking at the packaged one, this may well be to-scale, which I'm hoping it is.  They're not that large in the movie, and the way it towers over that pack-in pilot (who I think is even raised a little higher than the feet so he's "visible" in the packaging), I've got good feelings on this one.  If it's scaled right I'm going to get 2 or 3.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2009, 07:17 PM »
This looks pretty spiffy to me.  I hope to get at least one, maybe two depending on price.  I hope we continue to see some classic ship re-dos over the next few years, it is amazing the improvements that can be made.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2009, 08:20 PM »
I have yet to own a modern-era AT-ST (even after 4 releases) so I'm in for this one. Hopefully it isn't above $50.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2009, 09:17 PM »
I most likely to get it, but if it is over $50, they can keep it till clearance.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 11:07 PM »
I will end up with this.  I like the collapseable pose there.  Mainly so my son can put under his bed or someplace for some extra storage.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 11:28 PM »
I love this, easily the best thing they showed I think.  The Dewback would be second best.

I agree with you Jesse, this seems pretty close to scale.  Probably off a bit, but close enough.  Count me in for 2-4 of these depending on the price.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009, 11:52 PM »
I'm still confused as to which deco - maybe even which mold we're getting judging by the presentation photos.   :-\

I posted in the main SDCC main thread about this, but the AT-ST was the #1 thing I was looking forward to and it looks fantastic as far as what I can see.  Just sad to see that it's a WM exclusive.   :(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 11:56 PM »
It has a brown/dirty deco and the packaging looks to have the forest backdrop so I'd say that means Endor.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2009, 12:04 AM »
I'm buying one, but the one on the right looks very weird.  It looks like they took and unpainted hard copy and threw a dirt pass on it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2009, 12:18 AM »
It has a brown/dirty deco and the packaging looks to have the forest backdrop so I'd say that means Endor.

Endor sucks then. That just looks awful IMO.   :-\   Reminds me of the AT-RT set from Target a year or so ago.  Blah and meh.  Should have gone with the more muted "metal" look from the pic on the left Hasbro.  I do like what they've done with the new toy though so I can't complain too much.

I'll still buy it though - not that I'll find it at said exclusive store though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2009, 01:43 AM »
Sirstevesguide.com has a few display pics of this.  Here's one:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 01:48 AM »
Seem kind of bland in this shot. Hopefully there'll be a another round of paint apps for this giving it a wash or something to define the panels and details a little more. In its current state it looks like that snap-tite model kit with sweat stains.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 02:34 AM »
I've been contemplating the AT-ST's size...  It's, due to the articulation, quite large in height, as it should be.  AT-ST's at rest are significantly more squat, but when they're prepared to move they're sort of like an animal (due to the model's design) in that they're "up at the ready" on their legs.  Which I assume that is where their height measurements would come from, rather than "at rest", as they're supposedly capable of squatting like shown in the slide as well.

Anyway, in the packaged shot, notice that the AT-ST is NOT fully extended for height.  It's "at ease", as it was when Chewie parked it in front of Han.  It's significantly shorter then.  When walking, it's much taller though.  This is best exemplified by the shot of it "walking" in the slide there.

I've got some side-by-side comparing I'm curious about...

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:39 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77