Author Topic: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST  (Read 40816 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2009, 11:26 AM »
I'll be looking to get a 2nd if not 3rd. I still haven't taken the first one out of the box yet, but there have been plenty enough kudos from reputable folk here that I'm confident in the multiple purchases. Thank goodness for Clone Cash, at least there is some savings. Still it's a decent price, IMO.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2009, 02:55 PM »
I'm late to the party, but I finally picked one of these up last night. As someone who has never owned an AT-ST before, I love it. Unlike the old/vintage version, it actually looks like it came straight out of the film. Heck, it's actually a lot smaller than I imagined it being. I'd say the worst part about the set is the AT-ST Driver, but they kind of had to include him and this is the "best" modern AT-ST Driver sculpt available so huzzah. Like everyone was saying a few pages back, totally worth the $44, and it puts these $50-$75 repaint ships to shame.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2009, 04:21 PM »
Locally, these are selling fairly steadily I'm seeing now too...  I'd say they've moved half of them, and they've had a lot.  For a $45 toy, that's not too shabby I think.  I think they may still see some price cut after Christmas, and at that point I plan to buy one more myself, perhaps 2.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2009, 12:20 PM »
I'm not sure how many our local store has gotten in, but they seem to have sold about half as well.  I stopped in there today, and they still had four on the shelf.  I've picked up two, but if it did see significant cuts, I might grab another as well.  I hope it is considered a "success" (along with the Dewback), so we can see some more re-done OT stuff in the future.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #139 on: December 18, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Agreed. I'm really happy with both the AT-ST and the Dewback.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2009, 12:56 AM »
I've seen the Dewback but not the AT-ST at Walmart.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2009, 06:02 PM »
I've seen the Dewback but not the AT-ST at Walmart.

Yup..that's WM for ya.  I've only seen these at 1 WM, but I have to make time to nab another before they disappear before the next repaint - hopefully it will look much better than the sweat stained version we have now.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2009, 03:59 PM »
I was at Wal-mart last night picking up some items and noticed the end-cap that was loaded with the new AT-ST was now full of Turbo Tanks.  I looked around a little and found the AT-ST's in an overflow area and on clearance for $29.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2009, 05:06 PM »
looked around a little and found the AT-ST's in an overflow area and on clearance for $29.

Yup..that's WM for ya.  Wish I had some of those stupid clearance stores in my area.   ::)

Heck - I'm just happy all these last batches of exclusives showed up at certain stores in my area.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2009, 05:20 PM »
Its not like I live in the middle of no-where. This is Los Angeles. You think these things would be easy to find. Stupid Walmart.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2009, 07:30 PM »
My local WM was holding out on me. I picked up two over thanksgiving break while in Atlanta, but about a week or two after I returned to Raleigh I saw nearly 50 of these in the grocery section.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2009, 01:27 AM »
I'm hoping I can find some on clearance for those prices Matt...  They saw a spike in sales here recently and I was hoping to nab some to flesh out a group of them, but also to customize a couple (hopefully) with some creative license. :)

That $29's a steal man.  Lucky dog!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2009, 10:22 AM »
I was at Wal-mart last night picking up some items and noticed the end-cap that was loaded with the new AT-ST was now full of Turbo Tanks.  I looked around a little and found the AT-ST's in an overflow area and on clearance for $29.

Nice. So they put the AT-ST on clearance, which is already impossible to find, while leaving the Octuptarra Droid gathering dust on the shelves at $35 a pop.

ASININE!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2009, 10:25 AM »
You know what they say about supply and demand. The more demand and the less supply equals put it on clearance. Oh wait. Maybe I should give my economics degree back.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 25, 2009, 10:32 PM »
I got one for my son for christmas and he  loves it. we have the one from targets' exclusive hoth set two years ago and this one totally out-does that one. Great toy for kids. Only thing to watch for is the legs are only stable standing straight and the head is a little top-heavy. But it is freaking cool!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"