Author Topic: General Vehicle Discussion Thread  (Read 29547 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: General Vehicle Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2010, 11:45 PM »
A couple boxed images of 2010 vehicles...

Clicky to check them out!

I like the hovertank getting redecoes...  It's an army builder, and given the JSF repaints it's a nice respit from those.  I'd like to see a redeco (dirty, at the very least) V-19 TOrrent...  I wouldn't mind seeing EU paintjobs on it either, that maybe matched Clone decoes they put out?  I'd take one with the ARC Pilot deco, or something goofy like that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Nice photos, loving the new Interceptor deco.

I'm wondering about wave/case assortments for the vehicle line come August though.

At one point, the new tank was listed as Wave 1 - "early August", along with the Droid Gunship and Xanadu Blood. Then Toyfair came around and there was no mention of the Xanadu Blood or the HMP.

By my count, we have at least 5 new TCW vehicles coming this Fall, including the Swamp Speeder and Plo Koon's Starfighter, plus the ones listed above. I'm guessing these will be split into at least 2 waves, along with the obligatory repacks.

If anyone has more detailed info about the individual waves or tentaive schedule, I'd love to know.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2010, 11:19 AM »
There is a new Kit Fisto JSF coming as well.

I'd like to see some of the Interceptor/Fighter Tanks sport custom graphics akin to the recent "Crumb Bomber" gunship. These being ground forces, it seems like these too would be subject to customization by the troops.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2010, 11:51 AM »
If anyone has more detailed info about the individual waves or tentaive schedule, I'd love to know.

2010 Fall Mid-Size Vehicle Wave 1 - 1x Snowspeeder, 1x Cloud Car, 1x CW Blue Clone Tank, 1x Anakin's CW Starfighter

2010 Fall Mid-Size Vehicle Wave 1, Revsion 1 - 1x Snowspeeder, 1x CW Blue Clone Tank, 1x Anakin's CW Starfighter, 1x Obi-Wan's CW Starfighter

2010 Fall Mid-Size Vehicle Wave 1, Revision 2 - 1x Cloud Car, 1x CW Blue Clone Tank, 1x Anakin's CW Starfighter, 1x Obi-Wan's CW Starfighter

All three cases should start appearing in the July/August timeframe.  There is nothing "official" for timing of other ships beyond those.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2010, 02:50 PM »
Thanks a lot, this is a big help in updating my personal wantlist for the relaunch.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2010, 06:15 PM »
If anyone has more detailed info about the individual waves or tentaive schedule, I'd love to know.

2010 Fall Mid-Size Vehicle Wave 1 - 1x Snowspeeder, 1x Cloud Car, 1x CW Blue Clone Tank, 1x Anakin's CW Starfighter

2010 Fall Mid-Size Vehicle Wave 1, Revsion 1 - 1x Snowspeeder, 1x CW Blue Clone Tank, 1x Anakin's CW Starfighter, 1x Obi-Wan's CW Starfighter

2010 Fall Mid-Size Vehicle Wave 1, Revision 2 - 1x Cloud Car, 1x CW Blue Clone Tank, 1x Anakin's CW Starfighter, 1x Obi-Wan's CW Starfighter

All three cases should start appearing in the July/August timeframe.  There is nothing "official" for timing of other ships beyond those.

Wow, what is sad about those three waves is that Hasbro is banking more on a couple of year or two old molds in the Jedi Starfighters to sell better than the NEW vehicles in the snowspeeder/cloud car. That just goes to show Hasbro is dumping movie (and thereby core collectors) toys. It's a slow painful process that we've all been witnessing in the last year or two.

No wonder sales will be slower for movie related stuff.  ::)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2010, 07:49 PM »
Yeah, those case ratios suck.  Both Obi-Wan and Anakin's JSF sold very slowly in all the stores I visited when they were out previously.  They sold, but they clogged things up for a good period of time.  I see the same thing happening here.  The Snowspeeder and Cloud Car will be gone and other than the blue Tank, the shelves will look just like they do now.

Someone at Hasbro has their head up their ass on this.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Yeah, those case ratios suck.  Both Obi-Wan and Anakin's JSF sold very slowly in all the stores I visited when they were out previously.  They sold, but they clogged things up for a good period of time.  I see the same thing happening here.  The Snowspeeder and Cloud Car will be gone and other than the blue Tank, the shelves will look just like they do now.

Someone at Hasbro has their head up their ass on this.

E...

Would that be Daryl?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2010, 10:52 PM »
Granted this first wave are repack/repaint heavy, but I do think they are paving the way for more new mid size vehicle assortments with the Hyena Bomber, Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter, Heavy Missle Platform, Clone Swamp Speeder still to come.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2010, 12:21 PM »
I don't know who on the Team picks case ratios or if it's collaborative, but I have to question their thought process on it.  Just to use figures as an example, I really cannot fathom why a new wave doesn't have the first case packed with 2 of most of the new characters and then packed lighter on the revisions, if they do revisions.  Not ever new character in a wave is going to be a hot seller, but even collectors can make a good guess on what's going to peg warm from each release, why can't Hasbro figure it out?

Same with vehicles.  There's no reason not to have a case with 2x Snowspeeder and Cloud Car and then come back with a revision with one or the other plus repacks and a revision of the other new and then repacks.  Yes, I understand that they cost out each case on its own, but if selling a full run of Snowspeeders, for example, at $24.99 each isn't enough to justify the cost of tooling it up then there may be bigger problems. 

But if they have to include that many repacks, why not the Corporate Alliance Tank?  That's never been easy to find.  Neither were the Vulture Droid or V-19, at least not around here.  So why not get them out again before going to the JSF well, especially since they're going to be re-painting and shipping the hell out of them later this year anyway?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2010, 07:55 PM »
A pic of Ani's fighter was given to us today... 

This one came and went locally, so I have to say that I'm pleased it's returning as I didn't buy one when I saw them.  Other areas maybe had many, but this was one I didn't see often at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2010, 11:16 AM »
Easy pass for the Variant hounds like myself, not even a whiff of a deco change.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2010, 10:59 AM »
So apparently the re-deco Republic Tank is part of the same case assortment as the Cloud car and Snowspeeder. I guess we knew this, but I saw confirmation on SWAN from some lucky bastage that already picked up a haul of new stuff from his local comic shop.

I assume this is where the whole August 6th Street Date talk started...

I don't think I can wait another 5 weeks!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2010, 09:33 AM »
Wasn't sure where else to stick this, so here goes.

I have seen a couple of pictures of a new SW Vehicle I have never heard of or seen before. I am hoping someone can help identify what this is and what line it will be released under:

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=6486&text=&imageid=38253&box=&shownew=

Props to GH for the awesome photo, BTW. It looks like a hybrid of an AT-TE and AT-RT. Very cool. It appears to be in the general vehicle section though, with no packaging display, so not sure where/when this would be coming out.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2010, 09:36 AM »
It's a repaint of the AT-AP rumored a while back. It'll be released under the Clone Wars nameplate. Release: 8/29/2010
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 09:38 AM by Jayson »