Author Topic: General Vehicle Discussion Thread  (Read 29557 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: General Vehicle Discussion Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2010, 01:13 PM »
So I hit up a Walmart earlier today looking for TCW Wave 2. (Utter failure - none are on the pegs here yet) One of the ones I hit was in the process of resetting. They had all new planograms up dated 8/9 showing the new SW section layout. No new figs, but there was a case of the new vehicles and the newest BP's out.

Weirdest thing though - they had a shelf tag for a SW vehicle listed for $59.97. I checked and the tag was dated 8/10, and the planogram confirmed there was some sort of designated space for a new vehicle, right next to the AT-AT.

I cannot fathom what they would stick there though - there is nothing on the horizon that I can think of at that price, unless they are planning to reship some ARC's or Y-Wings, but I've heard nothing about that.

Needless to say, I'll be checking back there this weekend out of sheer curiosity.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2010, 01:23 PM »
That's for the RC Hailfire Droid...  at least that't the case at the Walmart near me.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2010, 03:17 PM »
Duh...of course! Thanks Jeff, I already bought this thing so it's completely off my radar.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2010, 04:03 PM »
For the first time in my SW career I have decided to pass on most upcoming cw/prequel vehicles. This is one I will make an exception for. I have zero interest in the Hyena Bomber, AT-AP repaint, Blue Tank repaint, RC Hailfire Droid, Xandu Blood, Tri Droid repaint, Swampseeder, all Jedi Starfighters and 75% of the mini rigs. I am on the fence with the Trade Tank and Droid Gunship most likely I will buy those. I am very down with the Jedi Speeder. With room being an ever increasing issue I have to really pick and choose, I hit a phase where the uninteresting is no interesting to me. I would love a Lars Landspeeder next.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2010, 04:14 PM »
For the first time in my SW career I have decided to pass on most upcoming cw/prequel vehicles. This is one I will make an exception for. I have zero interest in the Hyena Bomber, AT-AP repaint, Blue Tank repaint, RC Hailfire Droid, Xandu Blood, Tri Droid repaint, Swampseeder, all Jedi Starfighters and 75% of the mini rigs. I am on the fence with the Trade Tank and Droid Gunship most likely I will buy those. I am very down with the Jedi Speeder. With room being an ever increasing issue I have to really pick and choose, I hit a phase where the uninteresting is no interesting to me. I would love a Lars Landspeeder next.

I'm just about the same as you. I'll get the Jedi Speeder and Droid gunship. Also will get ONE Swampspeeder. All the others you mentioned I'll be passing on though. Besides just not having the room, I don't have the need or desire for those vehicles.

Give me Jabba's Sail Barge and then we'll talk...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2010, 11:57 AM »
Couldn't find any relevant individual threads so I figured it would be best to post this here:

Apparently the Xanadu Blood and Plo Koon's Starfighter have been spotted at a brick and mortar TRU out west, as per Yakface.

My local stores did not get these in with this week's trucks, but they have 3 trucks coming in next week so odds are good we'll seen these soon. I hope!

Back on the Hunt!