Author Topic: HTS Figure 8-Packs  (Read 3407 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
HTS Figure 8-Packs
« on: April 22, 2009, 09:47 AM »
I think we discussed these when they first had them during the TAC line, but it looks like HTS has some new 8 "value" packs of figures up now.  There are some interesting combinations though, including one set that has 4 Scuba Troopers, 2 Mon Cal, and 2 Quarren figures from TLC Wave 2 - as well as 8 packs of the Lancer Droids and Kashyyyk Troopers.  There are also 8 packs available for the Clone Wars line including Clonetroopers, Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids, and Destroyer Droids.  They all seem to be listed at $59.99.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: HTS Figure 8-Packs
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 11:52 AM »
Hmm. The Mon Calamari combination sounds kinda tempting....
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Does anyone know what the packaging is like?  Is this simply 8 carded figs or a special box to hold them all?  I might get the Scuba set if its in a cool box...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 05:18 PM »
Most likely individually carded. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 10:13 AM »
That's what they've done in the past.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 11:51 AM »
Anyone have a link for these sets? I can't seem to find them on HTS.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 11:56 AM »
The easiest way is to probably just use their search for 8-pack, where they all come up (as well as some from other lines).  Just doing that this morning, I see they have some more decent ones like: 6 biker scouts and 2 Ewoks w/woklings, 3 different Sandtroopers, Galactic Marines, and more.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 12:05 PM »
Yeah, I found them now.

Man, I wish the Scuba/Mon Cal/Quarren set would have been made available sooner. I'd have bought 2 of those sets.

I like the Galactic Marine and Stormtrooper sets.

Big problem though is the price.

Would have been nice as an army building set to give us a GOOD discount. The Marines for instance could be had for what $6 back when? Maybe $7. This set cost $60 for 8. That's more than retail was a few years ago.

If these sets were $40 for the 8 figs, then that's a good deal.

I'm not paying over original retail for army builders. Especially those that were EASY to find.

Whew, I'm so glad I'm out of large army building.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 12:45 PM »
Yeah, I agree.  If they made these a little bit more of a "deal", I bet they would move pretty quickly.  Heck, I was half tempted with the Scout Trooper and Mon Cal ones as well - and I already have plenty of Scouts.  But, at $60, it just seems a little too high.  Like you said, 8 for $40 (or even $50 with this new higher prices on everything) would seem better.  It almost seems like they are offering things like this when everyone is slowing down on army building, or already has a number of these figures.  A little while ago I would have jumped all over army building packs of Stormtroopers, Scout Troopers (or Snowtroopers), etc. - but now its a little more difficult to justify it.  Once they've been out awhile, they could put together a nifty pack of Snowtroopers and the new Hoth Rebel Soldiers though :).

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 10:23 AM »
Once they've been out awhile, they could put together a nifty pack of Snowtroopers and the new Hoth Rebel Soldiers though :).

Now that would be a slick idea. Four of each! But again the price would really dictate how well they would sell. Hell, package them in those cheap small white boxes to cut cost/shipping down. NO reason we couldn't get that set then for $40 or 50 with only $5 shipping. I'd be up for that depending on how good the new Hoth Rebel trooper is.