Author Topic: Star Wars Kites  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Star Wars Kites
« on: April 23, 2009, 11:27 AM »
I think these are available places online, but I've noticed lately at Target (and TRU) that they are carrying Star Wars kites.  I've seen the Falcon, X-Wing, and Vader's TIE, and have to say that they are pretty nifty.  They are $25 each though, which seems like a lot for a kite.  I have to admit I was slightly tempted to get the Falcon one, just from the aspect of "I wish they made this stuff when I was a kid".  Has anyone else seen these, or picked any of them up?  I don't think I've flown a kite since I was 6 or 7 years old, but I suppose that time will come eventually since we have a little one now.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Kites
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:32 AM »
My son was given the Falcon and X-Wing for his birthday.  We put the X-Wing together and tried to fly it but it was damn near impossible.  We fly kites all the time and I have to say that this was by far the hardest kite I've ever tried to fly.  The construction is not sturdy at all and after the numerous attempts to fly it, some of the support bars broke.  We had to throw it away after one day.

We have yet to put the Falcon together and give that whirl.  I do have to say though, after the experience with the X-Wing, I'm not optimistic
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!