Author Topic: Knights of the Old Republic  (Read 35945 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Old Republic
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2003, 08:58 AM »
Chris- I will do that- also the same goes for you with HALO- I loved that game. That thing is so damn addictive.
 Let me know your take on Jedi Academy that one is one my list for my next purchase.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #31 on: February 1, 2004, 12:58 PM »
I just beat the game for the very first time!  It took me about 42 hours to do it, but I wish it could have lasted a lot longer though.  This is by far the BEST Star Wars video game ever made!  

Here are some stats of my character:
  • Character Type = Male Soldier (Level 8 ) and Jedi Consular (Level 12)
  • Jedi or Sith? = Sith of course!
  • Experience = 243,791
  • Credits = 9,733
  • Vitality = 252 max
  • Force = 148 max
  • Defense = 23
  • Fortitude = 18
  • Reflex = 12
  • Will = 10
  • Strongest Skill = Treat Injury
  • Favorite Weapon = Double-Bladed Lightsaber (Red)
  • Favorite Force Power = Force Storm
Fondest Memories of My Quest:
  • Killed Jolee on top of the Temple while Bastilla watched.
  • Force persuaded Zabaar to kill Mission on the beach of the Unknown Planet.
  • I know there were more, but I can't think of them at the moment.
dustrho

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 1, 2004, 04:03 PM »
i beat the game 5 times. i got to the point where i could beat taris at lvl 4, leaving all my other levels to be a jedi.  It makes you hecka stronger!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2004, 12:05 AM »
I think I've finally succeeded in going down the dark path in this game.  Thing is, now I have to defeat my Jedi allies to continue my quest.  Ugghhh.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 3, 2006, 09:25 AM »
I have a question for a PC gamer.  I have a new HP Pavilion PC and I'm having problems with KOTOR of which I thought would work just dandy on my new machine as I haven't upgraded for over 7 years.

Anyway, menus are flawless as with the sound, the graphics are crisp and rich - yet the gameplay is in slow motion.  I've tried setting all the graphic settings to their lowest and I've reinstalled the game but no dice.

I have 512MB ram and a ATI Radeon Express 200 video card.  Is it just that the card sucks and I need an upgrade?

Last PC game I played was Diablo II so I've been outta the loop for a while on this stuff. :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

SilverZ

« Reply #35 on: January 3, 2006, 04:24 PM »
That's a new PCI-Express card, right?

It should run KOTOR just fine. The game is starting to age though and the newer Radeon hardware (or even PCI-E) might be a problem for it. I'd check the ATI website and make sure you're running the latest drivers, and then hit lucasarts for any KOTOR patches. One of them should have addressed it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 8, 2006, 06:59 AM »
Thanks for your help Jared...

The fine folks from the help forums from lucas arts basically informed me that KOTOR 1 & 2 doesn't support my card and I'm not willing to jump through so many hoops to get this thing working only half-assed.

Mike
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2006, 04:37 PM »
I recently had to reformat the hard drive on my laptop and the good part of the experience was I was presented with an opportunity to play this game again from the beginning!  It was fun to play it knowing the outcome and appreciating what a wonderful game it still is!  I also saved it at the point in the temple where you can choose to be light or dark, just so I could see the two major endings without playing through the game completely.

I now get to try my hand at KOTOR II, a great game but not quite as good as the original.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 6, 2006, 03:38 PM »
I am doing this at the moment, a little later than most people.
Have any of you played once trying to good and one being bad?
I keep trying to be good but I don't like to leave missions undone and have done a few things thsat I shouldn't of.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 7, 2006, 11:20 AM »
After beating the game the first time, I tried to go through the game and just be evil.  I really had a hard time doing it because it's so out of character for myself!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2006, 01:12 AM »
Finding the most evil response to someone seems easier to me, should this concern me? bwahahahahahahaha
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2006, 03:42 PM »
After beating the game the first time, I tried to go through the game and just be evil.  I really had a hard time doing it because it's so out of character for myself!   :D
Yeah I've beaten both games, and I started an evil game yesterday, and its hard to gain influence and still be dark. >:( plus I'm not normally evil towards anyone.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2006, 04:14 PM »
I've played KOTOR 1 4 times (3 light, 1 dark) and KOTOR 2 7 times (5 light, 2 dark).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2007, 09:06 PM »
I'm bumping this because I have a problem...

I'm finally breezing through KOTOR and at the end I'm having some difficulty with the robots Malak unleashes on me.  The boxes and consoles are all covered in force fields...  I cheated to look up a walkthrough but I'll be damned if it explains how you get those fields off there. 

What am I doing wrong here?   ???

Yeah, old game, but I just decided this year to tear into it and KOTOR2 when I have time, which is rare, so it's taking me a while.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2007, 12:44 AM »
You're talking about the robots on the Star Forge Right?  As I recall, you have to just keep hitting them with a coordinated attack until they are destroyed.  I used the kill/disabe droid force power quite a bit against them.

Also, remember when you pause the game you can use health packs and adrenals without having to watse a turn in combat.

Hope this helps.
This is the way.

I have spoken.