Author Topic: Knights of the Old Republic  (Read 36054 times)

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
Re: Knights of the Old Republic
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2003, 04:22 PM »
I want this Game but Im a PC player I dont care for the Game console... I know what your thinking,  ???  What! you dont like game Consoles,  Heh, Thank Everquest for that... played that game for years.  :-\

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2003, 09:10 PM »
I think I'm going to need to buy an X-Box!  

Nothing wrong with going dual-console.

I own the GameCube, PS2, and now as today an X-Box. Knights of the Republic is the reason I bought this system. I am not happy with PS2 or GameCube at all. GameCube will have Rouge Squad 3 this winter so that is good.

Anyways like I said today I became an X-Box owner. I just could not pass up the deal that Best Buys is running this past week. For $199.99 you get the X-Box, Extra Controller, Extension Cables, and any Platinum game. I picked Obi-Wan's Adventure which I think is a really fun game. I have been playing it for most of the day today.

Ok, now for Knights of the Old Republic. This is the reason I really broke down to buy the X-Box. I have heard nothing but good reviews for this game. I will start playing it real soon. .. I have to keep playing Obi-Wan. I really like this game (for an older X-Box game).

Well, Have Fun Playing Your Games!!
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline vinal-cape

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2003, 07:43 PM »
Is there a pc release date? I've heard good reviews and would like to play. I've been waiting for jedi outcast 2.

Offline vinal-cape

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2003, 08:31 PM »
Just did some research and came up with Nov. 2003. That's not too far to wait. Sounds like a good x-mas present.

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2003, 11:08 AM »
Well, I broke down and bought a Xbox it last week so I could play it, its got a great story line and it's alot of fun... Biggest problem with this Game is there are alot of bugs.  Not all are bad bugs but the Carth Bug sucks!  Other than that the Game is great.  I hope the do a follow up to it just without the bugs.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2003, 08:30 PM »
My wife bought me an Xbox as an anniversary present for me, and she also bought this game for me.  So far it is awesome!  I was sick today and I played it all day long.  It is so addicting!
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2003, 07:52 PM »
I have put almost 12 hours into this game and I am absolutely addicted.  Anyone here finish the game, and if so how many hours did you put into it?
dustrho

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2003, 11:09 PM »
I have put almost 12 hours into this game and I am absolutely addicted.  Anyone here finish the game, and if so how many hours did you put into it?

I beat my first game about two months ago with almost 30 hours put into it.  :o That's how addicting it is. It also took me two months to beat. I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't discuss the plot, but things come together nicely. One day, I'm going to start a new game and join the Dark Side (I ended my first game as a good Jedi).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2003, 11:14 PM »
I'm not about 30 hours into the game, and I'm still working on trying to finish it.  I'm completely immersed in the Dark Side of the Force.  
dustrho

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2003, 04:52 AM »
I just picked this up this week, so hopefully I'll get a lil gaming into this.  I want to put a little focus onto Rebel Strike though first.  I've yet to complete it because I just don't have the time anymore.

I wanna get everything going though and hopefully be able to give a lil review on all the games of late...

God, 4 CD's?  Hmmmm, I don't wanna fill up my harddrive here!  I've only got like 9 gig left free...   ;D :o

Still, this is probably the largest game I've ever played personally.  

Ugh, and I'm still playing Call of Duty too...  Highly recommended.  I can honestly say I've NEVER played against such intelligent AI as in CoD...  It's worth the experience.  Set it to a higher difficulty level if you really wanna pi$$ yourself off.  

Fun though...  It's everything the MOH series was missing, and then some.  Short is its only flaw.  Eh, that and maybe a lack of good weather effects implemented within the game (Something MOH did pull off nicely), but that I'll live with.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2003, 07:44 PM »
4 CD's

Jiminy frickin' cricket, that's a lot. I take it that you're talking about the PC version? I've never seen a PC game go past two CDs... :o
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2003, 08:01 PM »
4 CD's

Jiminy frickin' cricket, that's a lot. I take it that you're talking about the PC version? I've never seen a PC game go past two CDs... :o

that's not bad... i remember buying an x-files pc game back in the day that came on 9 cd's. 9. and if you wanted to load the entire game to your hard drive so that you didn't need to keep switching cd's? 7.7 gb. damn...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2003, 10:20 PM »
Yeah, the general # is 2, but yeah 4 isn't the most for sure...   Just the most I've had to load for one game.

It's a huge game mind you, and the X-Box version is a bit different (the system itself is solely for gaming, so it's different for an X-Box and PC), but 4 is the most I've ever had to load to play a game personally.

Took about 5 Gigabytes...  or, 1/4 of my total harddrive space...  or, 1/2 of my unused HD space, haha.

Oh well, at least I got a CD burner recently so I'm gnna be freeing up space by unloading .jpg's and whatnot to CD.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2003, 12:09 PM »
Finally got around to starting this game. I can see where my Xmas break will be spent if the wifey lets me ;)
 I am still getting used to the set up and play as I am terrible for reading manuals but it seems like it will really be fun.
Chris have you finished yet?
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2003, 10:54 PM »
Chris have you finished yet?

No, I haven't finished it yet, but I know I've got to be close (won't give it away though why I know that!  :-* ).  I've put in at least 40 hours into the game, but there's a problem.  My wife bought me Halo and Star Wars: Jedi Academy recently, so I don't have all the time in the world for KOTOR.

If you have any questions about the game Wayne just let me know.   8)
dustrho