Author Topic: Target SotE TIE Fighter (new cockpit)  (Read 20080 times)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target SotE TIE Fighter (new cockpit)
« Reply #60 on: August 7, 2009, 10:48 AM »
Interesting Daigo_Bah, I think Hasbro did this on purpose.  They'll have a reason to make a new TIE that has movie scale wings  ::).  They can't get it "right", otherwise they'll miss out on potential revenue.  I hope to acquire this new cockpit version eventually.

Update:  Anthony just beat me to my point.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2009, 10:52 AM by King_Maul »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2009, 09:57 PM »

Click image to check out the story!

As per the front page, we've got a boxed image of the upcoming retooled Target TIE Fighter.  Earlier, we brought you the first images of the ship's prototype which highlighted the new cockpit details that feature an ejection seat (as seen in Empire Strikes Back and the Expanded Universe), and the strange colorings of the ship (white with a red cockpit lense/viewports).  

Later Jayson then speculated the ship's coloration matches the style seen in the Shadows of the Empire comics.  This was then confirmed by Hasbro as the inspiration for the "look" with the red windows and "white" deco (film ships are light grey, or a grey-blue color, but never were white).

Though Hasbro's obviously being honest of where the ship's "look" comes from, it ironically is in a box depicting a battle over the Death Star.

I am a big-wing-TIE fan, so I'm biased, but if this had different coloring (IE: Film accurate) I'd probably buy 2 of them.  THe new cockpit is outstanding looking and I'm hopeful we'll see a film-deco here in the near future.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:00 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2009, 11:18 PM »
I'm sure you'll see this design in a more film accurate version, as well as TIE interceptors a plenty!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2009, 02:46 AM »
I like to hope so, but they seem to like to "spice it up" rather than retread any old decoes...  I think I'd pass on blue-grey, as I'm happy with the two I have (maybe one, I dunno), but grey I'm definitely still short on. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2009, 10:29 AM »
Yeah, kind of weird. Won't change my buying plans. One for now, and if they hit clearance, all bet are off.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2009, 01:47 PM »
Red window like the small one of the INT-4 mini rig. Looks like a great asset in our collection. Also the seat for the pilot is well depicted. Such innoventions deserve buying.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2009, 01:58 PM »
Hopefully it's just the pic but that TIE Pilot looks very POTF2, the legs look too spread apart. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2009, 10:35 AM »
If you look hard enough, you can see the knee joints.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2009, 12:46 AM »
One version did have knees though...  The width of the stance is what says "POTF2" to me, but I thought earlier images showed another sculpt.  Eh, either way I'm not buying it, but still if it's a POTF2 pilot that sorta bites.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2009, 12:52 AM »
In the high-res pics from RS, you can see the pilot pack-in has a holster and the goofy blaster, which indicates it is indeed the Evo version, which matches with what Hasbro said at SDCC (that this TIE and the TRU Interceptor having the Evo pilot as a pack-in). 

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Is the main body color grey, white or a really light blue? I cannot tell. I wish this was the Saga2 Greyish blue color, I want to be done with this ship once and for all.

I also hate the fact they still have the 2004 Tie Pilot legs on this figure. The Saga2 Death Star Gunner with TAC's Baron Fell Chest/Helmet Gear make the Ultimate Tie Pilot. I prefer that over this crap. I really do wan the upgraded version but think I will wait for a more accurate movie version before I bite.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2009, 04:55 PM »
The undecorated images we showed months ago were cast in all white, so the craft's base color is white...  I'm not wild about that at all.  It appears to have some grey panelling, and a wash, but ultimately it's white which isn't accurate to the movies.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2009, 05:18 PM »
Thanks Jesse. That sucks, why do they do all of these funky colors. The Sag2 has been absent on store shelves since 2006 so it's not like it's been readily available. I want that new cockpit......

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2009, 07:42 PM »
I'm guessing diversity, but yeah movie decoes seem like they'd be superior in terms of sales, just from my POV.  Some people I've seen elsewhere think white is accurate though, even though it's not.  So who knows.  I'd think ushering in the new cockpit design with an ultimately "EU" ship is an odd choice.  The Interceptor will have it too though, so there's at least that coming.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2009, 11:03 AM »
I plan on getting at least two TRU Interceptors maybe more depending on color, so yes at least that is movie accurate. If the Interceptor color matches the Saga2 BW Tie then all that needs to be done is wing swap to have the ultimate Movie Tie now. If that's the case I will sell the leftover swapped ships on eBay. That TRU Tie Interceptor should be hitting any day now so I will know shortly.

I am thinking about ditching the Baron Fel one but will wait to see the difference.