Author Topic: Legends of the Clone Wars Multipack  (Read 6381 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Legends of the Clone Wars Multipack
« on: May 13, 2009, 10:59 PM »
Anyone wanna bet this abortion is headed to K-Mart for $50+  ::)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:05 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Clone Wars Multipack
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:44 AM »
Wait...There's already legends in this line  ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 01:16 PM »
Do these packs even sell let alone at K-Mart?  May be these do better than I think they do.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 04:55 PM »
Pretty stupid. :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 04:59 PM »
This is actually pretty good for a repack set. Better than anything we'd get with realistic stuff. Not buying it, though, but I'm sure some gift-givers will be happy to.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 01:30 PM »
It keeps these characters in the mix for the kiddies.  Thank the maker I've given up being any kind of MOMC or MIMP collector.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 06:48 PM »
It keeps these characters in the mix for the kiddies.  Thank the maker I've given up being any kind of MOMC or MIMP collector.

The problem isn't keeping them in the mix it's keeping them in the mix ad nauseam as all of these figures are available in abundance now without the need for some contrived "Legends" multipack. If they really want to sell this type of format, make squads or "Armies of the Clone Wars" sets continuing what they did for the first Obi-Wan and Yoda battle packs.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 06:52 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 06:54 PM »
Yes, but that's now as opposed to three months from now.  The retailers have been getting refreshes on the first few waves of Clone Wars.  But those blue cards are going to stop shipping and we'll transition over to the new line look which is packaged the same way as this pack.

This set is not targetting collectors at all.  It's totally geared towards the kid/parent market, and keeping these core characters in the mix for that audience.  I don't think we saw a great re-allocation of resources within Hasbro in order to bring this set to market.  These figures were already tooled and ready.  It was just a matter of more production runs and a new package for this particular set.  It's designed to be profitable.  Why?  To bolster some of the other items in the line that collectors want that will not be monumental sellers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMike1128

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 02:46 PM »

I'd love to get it on CLEARANCE for $10! Oh wait, if it's going to end up at K-Mart it will NEVER hit CLEARANCE prices! :P

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 12:18 AM »
Why does Hasbro keep giving K-Mart exclusive items? ???  They always sell them for way, way, way too much money, they hardly sell any of them, rarely put them on clearance, and they are pretty much always repacks. >:(  All the K-Mart's here in Minnesota still have the exclusive commemorative tin sets from years ago for around $30.00 to $35.00 each on average (prices vary by store).  I don't get how K-Mart is even still in business since there prices are so high on everything in the store.  They don't seem to understand that if something is not selling then you should put it on clearance and get rid of it, like Target does.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 05:00 PM »

Although it's smart for a kid's pack, the figure choices are always the same. Has anyone noticed that Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Grievous from 2008 Wave 1 are always repacked? Hasbro's getting very redundant, and its these kind of sets that aren't worth the price. As it is, those above-mentioned figures are very easy to find individually carded.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 10:04 AM »
Whatever happened with this set? Did it ever actually get released? Was it scrapped entirely?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 01:46 PM »
Whatever happened with this set? Did it ever actually get released? Was it scrapped entirely?

Yeah! I totally forgot about this crap-bundle until I refound it on the forum boards! ::) Whatever happened to it?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 09:27 PM »
So apparently this turned out to be a European only release which I have been sniffing around for awhile now. I FINALLY found one for sale on eBay and bought it immediately. Complete re-packs, but the novelty of the thing appeals to me for some reason. (The fact that it was so hard to get my hands on for so long no doubt helped)

Now I just need that Epic Encounter Ultimate BP and I am good to go, completist-wise.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy