Author Topic: The New JediDefender - Have Any Suggestions?  (Read 51357 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: The New JediDefender - Have Any Suggestions?
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2009, 02:03 PM »
Scott - Thanks for pulling the plug on what was once such a fun thread.  The poor thing had been brain dead and on life support for way too long.   I couldn't bear to watch it suffer any longer - it was certainly an act of mercy and kindness. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2009, 12:18 AM »
#1 - Posting private messages from other members in the forums is bad form.  That is why they are called private messages.  Consider this a friendly reminder.

#2 - The out-of-context thread.  A couple weeks back, an exchange of nasty posts caused the thread to get a 2-week time-out.  After the cooling off period it was re-opened but still on probation.  After a few days of further discussion on the topic, we changed our minds and decided maybe it was better left closed.  A majority of the staff thought the same thing that the thread's creator thought -

How many poop and weiner jokes does it take for folks to get bored of them?  About 4 years and 31 pages I guess.  Like Paul said, maybe someday it'll come back, but for now it's resting again.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2009, 10:56 AM »

Hrmm.  I assumed that Nate was just a fan of Fonzie with no pants.  Thanks for providing a little more clarity around the closing Jeff. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2009, 03:34 AM »
How many poop and weiner jokes does it take for folks to get bored of them?

For the record, poop and weiner jokes never get old.  Crappy out of context posts get old after four years and 31 pages.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Will JediMac ever return  ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2009, 11:50 PM »
The word is "no" on that.  Matt is a field reporter for Rebelscum now.  He seemingly convinced Philip they're "old friends" by utilizing a photo he has.  It's a tragic situation.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2009, 02:32 AM »
That post should guarantee his return!

Or a drive to PA to kick the **** out of Jesse!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2009, 02:34 PM »
 ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 3, 2009, 11:19 PM »
One suggestion I would like to make is that you guys link to other fan sites more often on the main page with news updates.  I know that quite a bit of other sites have no problem doing so for each other and for JD - I was sort of expecting to see this happen with the new ownership, but so far I haven't seen it.  Hopefully that's in the works though.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 11:01 PM »
Any way we can cut down on the number of members we have with 0 or 1 post to their names even after years of being members?  Just seems like a waste to have to maintain all of their information when they haven't contributed anything to the site.  Just a suggestion, do with it as you wish.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2009, 11:16 PM »
Any way we can cut down on the number of members we have with 0 or 1 post to their names even after years of being members?  Just seems like a waste to have to maintain all of their information when they haven't contributed anything to the site.  Just a suggestion, do with it as you wish.

You never know what'll happen though.  I think if folks aren't causing a problem by their inactivity, then leave them be.  I remember when this idea floated through 'Scum and it started becoming a status thing about who had x number of posts in such and such a period of time.  I know that's not your intent Michael, but I think it can end up being perceived as such.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2009, 11:22 PM »
I think JD staff should give out free rare Kubricks to anyone with at least 5788 posts.   >:D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 09:20 AM »

You never know what'll happen though.  I think if folks aren't causing a problem by their inactivity, then leave them be.  I remember when this idea floated through 'Scum and it started becoming a status thing about who had x number of posts in such and such a period of time.  I know that's not your intent Michael, but I think it can end up being perceived as such.

Another problem that would create is it would make catching trolls and spammers more difficult. When someone signs up we are able to see if they have the same IP address as anyone who has posted here before.  A lot of times we'll delete spammers posts, or move them to our super secret section where they are looked after by top men, so they may only have 0 or 1 posts. If we were to delete these accounts it makes it much easier for them to register again under with a sock account and slip under the radar.
"This is the way."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 11:11 AM »
...or move them to our super secret section where they are looked after by top men...

Who?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 11:12 AM »
TOP men.
"This is the way."