Author Topic: Card Size?  (Read 7475 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Card Size?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 02:26 AM »
I saw the new packaging as well, and I can definitely see how they modeled it after the Marvel Universe line. Small bubbles (about as tall as the figure) and big enough for a figure to be put in a neutral stance with a few accessories (weapons) tightly packed in. Looks a lot better and "cleaner" but I wish there was a way to better differentiate the TLC figs from the Clone Wars figs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 03:06 AM »
I wish there was a way to better differentiate the TLC figs from the Clone Wars figs.

Aren't they going to be different colors?  There's Red for CW, Black for Legacy, and Orange for Legends.

click here if image doesn't work

If they stick with that, it should be easier to just scan the top of the cards to see what's on the pegs...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 11:32 AM »
Good, I'm not crazy. I've seen the Legends figures on the self and wanted to refer to them as orange cards as opposed to red a many were calling them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 03:19 PM »
Saw the SL figures today... I dig the new look, and it's awesome to see such great artwork once again.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 12:25 AM »
Aren't they going to be different colors?  There's Red for CW, Black for Legacy, and Orange for Legends.

Well, I picked up the first twelve Saga Legends figures today and I would consider the color on them more of a "rust" color, but "orange" is also close enough.

If they stick with that, it should be easier to just scan the top of the cards to see what's on the pegs...

You would think that, and perhaps it was due to how closely the pegs were, but I had a very had time trying to find the figure I was looking for as I browsed what was on the pegs looking for a MOMC specimen for each of the 12 figures. I had to tilt the entire peg towards my left side so that I could see down the right-side and look at the pictures of the characters in order to see if the character I needed was on that peg.

Also the hook is a tad small so removing a figure at the back of the peg was a bit difficult and it felt like I was going to bend the J-hook as I removed the figure from the peg.

I do think the packaging looks nice, but if you're a MOMC collector, you're in for a really difficult time with these cards.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 12:46 AM »
Good, I'm not crazy. I've seen the Legends figures on the self and wanted to refer to them as orange cards as opposed to red a many were calling them.

I think when people were referring to them as "red cards" it was said in reference the Star Wars logo itself an not the color coding of the bubble inserts.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 09:31 AM »
This may be a stupid question, but once the line switches over to this look - is it still known as "Legacy Collection"?  I know sometimes the line gets re-named with a different look.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 10:00 AM »
Yes, they're still dubbed "Legacy Collection" although they did drop the "The" off the new cards.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 11:34 AM »

You would think that, and perhaps it was due to how closely the pegs were, but I had a very had time trying to find the figure I was looking for as I browsed what was on the pegs

I thought quite the opposite Pete.  Very easy trying to find the figures IMO especially with the large character pics compared to blah of Legacy/Legends.  Not really a fan of the new card size (even though we're likely never to get nice accessories or two packs again)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 11:36 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 04:58 PM »
I thought quite the opposite Pete.  Very easy trying to find the figures IMO especially with the large character pics compared to blah of Legacy/Legends.  Not really a fan of the new card size (even though we're likely never to get nice accessories or two packs again)

Perhaps it was limited just to my situation - the store where I found them had packed the peg hooks very close together so you couldn't really tilt a figure to one side or the other to see what figure was behind it.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!