Author Topic: TRU "Crumb Bomber" Republic Gunship  (Read 21992 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: TRU "Crumb Bomber" Republic Gunship
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 12:05 AM »
After seeing the ARC repaint for $79.99 there today this will undoubtedly be $125.  Joking...sort of.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 02:30 AM »
Guess what's online (according to our front page) and available at TRU.com?

$69.99, which is to be expected I suppose.

Nice nose art, but crummy price (nyuk nyuk).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2009, 11:02 AM »
I have to admit that I'm tempted to pick this up. However, I have to stand firm on the line I've drawn.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2009, 11:37 AM »
They really need a "Ship to Store" option like Walmart offers on their site. The TRU's around here suck so badly it will probably be weeks before these show up...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2009, 01:16 PM »
I will pick one up when it hits. I would love to order it but I do not want to pay shipping. I have a $10 coupon for $75 or more in store so I can wait. I never had difficulty with TRU exclusives so I will buy it when the new Tie Interceptor hits too to take advantage of the coupon. (It would be great if it hit this weeks so I can get a free Ponds) This will be gunship #6 for me, I have one of each and I am currently trying to outfit them all wit the new pods. I have pondered getting rid of the ROTS Gunship and/or the CW Command Gunship. 6 Gunships is a lot and I cannot display them all at once.

I really like the WM Gunship as they went back to movie colors with many improvements including the cockpit windshield. This has the same look so I am down with it plus it has substantial tooling updates.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2009, 06:52 PM »
consider it seen.
TRU in Bell Gardens, Ca. 2 of them
TRU in Cerritos, Ca. 1 box crushed to hell.

passed for now, as I had Ponds stashed in Cerritos waiting for this sale hoping to get him free by buying the Lars homestead.  but now I'll just get the gunship but didn't want the crushed box.  And Bell Gardens had no Ponds.

from the back of the box art the crumb does look painted.  Also from the back of the box the big canons on the back are new.  the back part "folds" out and there are missle tubes.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2009, 11:02 PM »
$69.99 seem fair for this?  Imperial ARC - even at $65?  NO WAY  Granted this has new doors, but does the new price point make up for the new tweaks?  No, but I'm at the fence at this point.  I guess it's kinda stupid to outfit this thing with $50 gunpods as the doors close completely but I may cave at some point.   :-\

I still remember getting 4-5 Saga Gunships from KB.com on clearance for $9.95 a whack.  Ahhhhh...the good ol days.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 11:09 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2009, 12:19 AM »
Technically, this ship doesn't have the gunpods if I'm not mistaken...  Nor do any Clone Wars deco ships.  I can't recall on the 2D toon ones, but none in the 3D toon have the gun turrets, just the film decoes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2009, 12:53 AM »
Some pics from season 2 show pods on the gunships....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2009, 01:29 AM »
Spoke too soon I guess...  Though one can hope it's not on one of the decoes they bought maybe.  Either way, I think I'd skip 'em for all, and just get enough for one movie-deco gunship.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2009, 10:44 AM »
consider it seen.
TRU in Bell Gardens, Ca. 2 of them
TRU in Cerritos, Ca. 1 box crushed to hell.

passed for now, as I had Ponds stashed in Cerritos waiting for this sale hoping to get him free by buying the Lars homestead.  but now I'll just get the gunship but didn't want the crushed box.  And Bell Gardens had no Ponds.

from the back of the box art the crumb does look painted.  Also from the back of the box the big canons on the back are new.  the back part "folds" out and there are missle tubes.

Awesome update! This is the first confirmed retail sighting I have seen reported anywhere on the Interwebz. Great to know these are finally hitting...I am really hoping to pick one up this week along with another free Ponds.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2009, 07:55 PM »
New member here, but longtime Star Wars collector...

I will also report finding the new CW Republic Gunship at the Clovis, CA TRU today 8)  Price was $69.99.  The ship looks great from the box pictures and the modifications seem neat.  However, $70 is a lot for what seems to be rather minor tooling.

I'm content with the Wal Mart exclusive gunship I got last year so I will likely not pick this one up.  Nevertheless, the ship is indeed out at retail. 

Given the past history of my local TRUs with exclusive releases (Star Wars, GI Joe, and small scale military lines) I am actually surprised I saw these new gunships and the new legacy TIE Interceptor before the release date ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Not only did our TRU NOT get the new Crumb Bomber in on their truck today, they actually dismantled the whole Clone Wars display at the front of the store. It wasn't it up barely a month, and was half empty the whole time! I could only shake my head in disgust...great week to rip that down, with the show premiering Friday and all.  ::)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 1, 2009, 10:09 AM »
Yeah, I'm a little surprised they took that display down too. What replaced it?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 1, 2009, 10:16 AM »
Yeah, I'm a little surprised they took that display down too. What replaced it?

Disney's "Princess" line...my 4 year old daughter would be enthralled.  ::)

Me? Not so much.

I've never seen one scrapped so soon...they must have realized how bad it looked to have that pretentious display with no product for the pegs.