Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2009  (Read 62816 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2009
« Reply #150 on: October 2, 2009, 10:05 AM »
I don't think it's appropriate for you to insult me based upon your own shortcomings.  It's really not my fault that you aren't smart enough to figure out how the standings work.

A six year old could study the standings and figure out that they're based upon record first, then total points.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 2, 2009, 03:16 PM »
I don't think it's appropriate for you to insult me based upon your own shortcomings.  It's really not my fault that you aren't smart enough to figure out how the standings work.

A six year old could study the standings and figure out that they're based upon record first, then total points.

Like I said - you're a crusty PMSer.  Read my post - I figured out the alternative to Head-to-Head, but we don't do that in any of my other leagues, so I asked for confirmation.  It is 100% your fault that you decided to make a big deal out of a pretty innocent question.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 3, 2009, 10:59 AM »
You can't be serious. 

Still blaming me because you can't figure this out?

I hope you're just joking.

I hope you don't wander through live like this.

Take responsibility, man.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2009, 11:13 AM by ruiner »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 3, 2009, 02:42 PM »
 ???  Can you even read? 

Here's hoping you don't "wander through live" like this.  Maybe you should get that six-year-old helper to proof your posts.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 4, 2009, 09:26 PM »
Who is The Cranes manager?  Getting 10 from Cincy is normally great, but 32 from a defense is insane.  Only time I can remember a scoring defensive performance like this is Philly a few yers ago.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2009, 09:28 PM by JayDouble »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 4, 2009, 10:08 PM »
Who is The Cranes manager?  

I believe it's Rob's girlfriend's dad.

That is a sick amount to get from D.  It's rare enough getting 10+.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 5, 2009, 12:08 AM »
Who is The Cranes manager?  

I can't remember the last time a team had 3 defensive TDs - pretty amazing even if it was against the lowly Rams. I'm sure benching the SF defense for 32 has got to hurt.  Luckily, it looks like he'll win anyway. 

If anyone's interested, C. Benson is available for trade.  Looking for WRs.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 5, 2009, 12:40 AM »

I can't remember the last time a team had 3 defensive TDs - pretty amazing even if it was against the lowly Rams. I'm sure benching the SF defense for 32 has got to hurt.  Luckily, it looks like he'll win anyway. 

If anyone's interested, C. Benson is available for trade.  Looking for WRs.
[/quote]

Indeed, Cranes is Marin's father.

Last time I remember a team getting 3 defensive TD's was the Bucs in the Superbowl :) .

Too bad they SUCK now.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 5, 2009, 03:57 PM »
Take it from someone who's been in the last 3 consecutive JD super bowls - JMan's squad is currently outperforming themselves, and the bubble will pop.  The best 6 rosters, despite what the scoreboard says after 3 games, are Rob's, Bug's, mine, Ruiner's, Ryan's, and JayDouble's.

Dressel - have I made your top 6 yet or is the #1 team still "outperforming themselves?"   8)
« Last Edit: October 5, 2009, 03:57 PM by JediJman »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 5, 2009, 04:10 PM »
Take it from someone who's been in the last 3 consecutive JD super bowls - JMan's squad is currently outperforming themselves, and the bubble will pop.  The best 6 rosters, despite what the scoreboard says after 3 games, are Rob's, Bug's, mine, Ruiner's, Ryan's, and JayDouble's.

Dressel - have I made your top 6 yet or is the #1 team still "outperforming themselves?"   8)

Through 1/4th of a season, I rank your team 7th.

Looking at your squad I feel that they are overproducing, plus taking into account the full season you put forth last year that was pretty bad.  You also haven't had to deal with too much in the injury realm to your top 5 picks and haven't had to sit bye week stars yet.

If your team still looks good at the 1/2 mark, I'll be ranking you higher.

But I wouldn't get too cocky about 1/4 of a season after that stinkfest of your's last year.

Oh, I almost forgot, got anything cute to say about Mike Sims-Walker now?
« Last Edit: October 5, 2009, 04:12 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 5, 2009, 04:35 PM »
My team should be bumped from your top six. 

I have some kind of QB curse - last year was Brady, this year it's Romo and Brees.  I own both and neither of them has thrown a TD in two weeks.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 5, 2009, 04:43 PM »

I'm sure not worried about your team.  I lost Gore after one play and had a stinker of a TE.  I played you without my 2nd and 4th round picks essentially plus TO stunk out the joint having his first game without a reception in 185 games or so (though he may stink out the season if he keeps going).  And then you got Golden Girls without her 1st and 3rd round picks (on bye week).  I'm going out on a limb and suggesting you're too cocky at this point in the season.  :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 5, 2009, 06:17 PM »
Wow.  You're ranking my current team on my year ago team performance?  That makes no sense.  Outside fo the fact that my team is completely different, Carson Palmer was injured in the first few weeks, McGahee was under-utilized (as evidenced this year), and Moss was spotty at best because of Brady's injury.  Houshmanzadah was also impacted by the loss of Palmer and I was a year early on Greg Olsen.  For that you're going to rank my #1 scoring/record F09 team at #7?  Come on.  I would be undefeated had I palyed any other team in week #1 this year and I was without Gonzales this last week. (Gonzales also didn't show up at all in week #3, so I can use Brent's "Owens Excuse" for not having even more points I guess). I lose both Rodgers and Forte next week, so that should be my most vulnerable week of the season (barring injuries).

And Brent - I whooped you by 22 points, end of story.  Add in the Guru's 8pts each for Owens and Gore and you still would have lost that game.  Owens had what, 60 yards this week?  Sorry, but he is not an elite receiver anymore.  You had a nice score this week, but biggest point differntials versus the Guru came from your Houston defense and a kicker.  Talk about a team "over performing" - Cutler and Gould only get to play Detroit twice my friend.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 5, 2009, 07:58 PM »
I'm afraid you need to step back from the fantasy world into reality. 

Yes, you "whooped" me by 22 points, hardly end of story; I'll have probably the two largest margins of victory in four weeks after tonight but because it's my team and not yours, it's just "overperforming", right?  But the guru, or whoever the hell sets the "expected" points has nothing to do with what actually happens, so you can talk about the guru and differentials and outperforming all you want.  Maybe I should be the guru, since I went out and purposely picked up Houston's D against a ****** team, something that obviously the great, all powerful guru neglected to consider.  Guess he/she/it ain't all that bright after all.  But then neither am I, given I benched Mason over Burleson ::)

Your last two wins came against teams without all their best players either due to injury or bye weeks.  Gloat if you like, but every time someone comes back and says something you go back again to overperforming without ever objectively looking at your own team.  This week you played, as already pointed out, a team with two of their top three draft picks on bye week.  Forte and Smith both "overperformed" versus the Guru's predictions yet you neglect that.  Rodgers, Wayne and Benson signficantly "overperformed" when you faced me to the tune of about 20 points.  Gonzalez, Benson, Tynes and your D "overperformed" in week 2.  Wayne and Benson "overperformed" in week 1 and you lost.  BTW, do the math for this week.  My "overperformers" you mention, D and K,  totaled a whopping 6 points over what the guru said.  Forte and Smith "overperformed" by 13.  We can go back and forth on "overperforming" all frickin' day long.  I can list absolutely everyone's "overperformers" just by taking five minutes and looking at the scores.

Do you get the point yet?  All this BS about "overperformed" is pretty much irrelevant, as your record dictates.  Yet you keep throwing it out there.  Dude, your team is no more and no less guilty of "overperforming" than anyone else's, you're just utterly lacking in introspection.  You'll be 3-1 and have about 300 points.  I'll be 2-2 and have about exactly the same amount of points (one of my losses coming when Brees faced Detroit and I had to play against Brees - wah, wah, woe is me).  So will other people.  Some of us have faced injuries and bye weeks, you haven't. 

And yeah, thus far I completely agree about TO.  Part of it is QB, part of it is his not playing in the preseason to get used to his QB or the offense in general and part of it is he's old.  Honestly I was hoping to play Gonzalez and either Bennett or Mason (who I guess since he caught another TD pass is still overperforming) until TO got up to speed.  Sadly, to paraphrase Dressel, Gonzalez sprained his hymen (Corey?) and played all of one set of downs.  Such are the breaks of the game. 

Until about week 8 I'm only expecting to be about .500 thanks to injuries and bye weeks.  You talk like you honestly believe you'll be 7-1.  We'll see what reality brings.   :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 6, 2009, 10:17 AM »
Special thanks to the Packers o-line and Aaron Rodgers for being sacked 8 times last night.  Particularly the one with 1:30 left in the game that caused me to lose my fantasy game by 0.5 points.

Staying up until 1 AM to see that was super rewarding all around.