Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2009  (Read 62543 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2009
« Reply #180 on: October 25, 2009, 11:59 PM »
The sad thing about kicking Justin's ass this week is that I didn't kick it enough to take over first place outright.

When you "kick someone's ass" and still wind up in second place, maybe it's still you who's getting your ass kicked.   ;)  Nice game Scott - that Steelers defense was tough to beat this week.  Gotta be a bittersweet win though, since those 2 TD's drove your Vikes to their first loss.   :'(

As for the Raminators, I won't complain about 3rd highest score so far this week.  Two losses on the year, one with 2nd high score and one with 3rd high score.  I wonder if I've cracked DR's top 6 teams yet...  8)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 26, 2009, 12:18 AM »
I wonder if I've cracked DR's top 6 teams yet...  8)

Not yet, you've got to do more in a JD league than have a decent 7 weeks in fantasy football, to even be considered.  I still think you can flame out bigtime in the 2nd half, seen it too many times.

My dream though still is for you to get the #1 seed and face me as the #8 seed in Round 1 of the playoffs.

I practically have a fan club of people who want to see this right now, so I hope I don't disappoint.  From the postings and messages I've received, I think I can sell tickets to watch that.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 26, 2009, 12:29 AM »
I wonder if I've cracked DR's top 6 teams yet...  8)

Not yet, you've got to do more in a JD league than have a decent 7 weeks in fantasy football, to even be considered.  I still think you can flame out bigtime in the 2nd half, seen it too many times.

My dream though still is for you to get the #1 seed and face me as the #8 seed in Round 1 of the playoffs.

I practically have a fan club of people who want to see this right now, so I hope I don't disappoint.  From the postings and messages I've received, I think I can sell tickets to watch that.

I'd be okay with that match-up...would be nice for the Raminators to have a guaranteed win in the first playoff week.   ;)  Then I could disappoint you and your posse in one fell swoop.  Kind of a moot point though since The Cranes are going to win the big game this year.

Since I now have 7 weeks of scoring 70-90pts and only losing twice (both to top scoring teams), why don't you set a milestone as to what stats I need to crack the top 6 teams.  It's tiring sitting alone here at #1 week after week when I'm not even a top 6 team.   :-*
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2009, 02:01 AM »
Since I now have 7 weeks of scoring 70-90pts and only losing twice (both to top scoring teams), why don't you set a milestone as to what stats I need to crack the top 6 teams.  It's tiring sitting alone here at #1 week after week when I'm not even a top 6 team.   :-*

I scored enough points this week to beat nearly everyone in the league, but I ran up against the team that scored 111+, and now instead of 5-2, I'm 4-3. 

Let me tell you a little story about two years ago when I had Randy Moss (the year he scored 23 TD's) and Tony Romo (the year I drafted him late and he really broke out for like 35 passing TD's).  My TE was Dallas Clark and he scored 11 TD's that year.  I had Brandon Jacobs, Santonio Holmes, Tony Gonzalez and his 1200 yards...  I scored more points than I knew what to do with.  I was #1 all year long, the team was a Juggernaut.  I think I finished the season on about an 11 game winning streak.

In the playoffs, I played the 8 seed the first week, and I lost.  I scored enough points to beat every other team in the playoffs that week, but I was matched up against the only one that scored enough points to knock me out of it.

The next week in the losers bracket, my team scored enough points to beat everyone in the winners bracket, and ditto the week of the final, my team would have outscored both of the teams duking it out for the championship.  I legitimately had the best team, and I was inches away from steamrolling through the playoffs, but I finished fifth.

Fantasy football is about 2/3rds luck.  Maybe you're just joking around, but if you're being serious about all this bravadao, you should probably STFU, because it's incredibly easy to lose by no fault of your own even when you have a strong team.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2009, 02:08 AM »
Fantasy football is about 2/3rds luck.  Maybe you're just joking around, but if you're being serious about all this bravadao, you should probably STFU, because it's incredibly easy to lose by no fault of your own even when you have a strong team.

And the reverse is true too. You can just as easily get lucky and win (and score a lot) with a bad team.
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2009, 02:47 AM »
Rob - it's called smack talk.  Look it up.  Scott still has a woody over his win this week and Dressel confessed to having dreams about me.  :-*  Don't worry, it's all in good fun (for me anyway).

As for your team, tough loss - I know how you feel.  I would have beaten 8 of the 11 teams playing this week as well - that's just the way it goes sometimes.  Be happy with your points - they may help you out in the standings despite your loss.   ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 02:58 AM by JediJman »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2009, 02:45 PM »

Fantasy football is about 2/3rds luck. 

In my case, about 82%.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 27, 2009, 09:58 PM »
Dressel confessed to having dreams about me. 

In all fairness, this started long before we started playing fantasy football together.

But now I'm dreaming of 5 wins in my next 6 games.  The next game looks particularly good with Randy Moss on bye and Westbrook still being scraped off the field with a spatula.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 27, 2009, 11:03 PM »
Dressel confessed to having dreams about me. 

In all fairness, this started long before we started playing fantasy football together.

But now I'm dreaming of 5 wins in my next 6 games.  The next game looks particularly good with Randy Moss on bye and Westbrook still being scraped off the field with a spatula.

Poor Westy.  I have him another league and had much higher hopes for him this year.   :(  On the bright side (if there is one), the Eagles are entering the tough part of their schedule, so he might not have done all that well anyway.  I know, replacing a RB is nearly impossible in a 12-team league, but maybe those of us with Westbrook will actually be better off starting someone else for a few weeks.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 27, 2009, 11:52 PM »
Some dude named McCoy may be available at a price.   >:D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2009, 01:20 AM »
Poor Westy.  I have him another league and had much higher hopes for him this year. 

Rob's fantasy football rule #18:  Never, ever, ever draft Brian Westbrook.  He misses significant time every single year.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2009, 02:13 AM »
Poor Westy.  I have him another league and had much higher hopes for him this year. 

Rob's fantasy football rule #18:  Never, ever, ever draft Brian Westbrook.  He misses significant time every single year.

I'm normally right with you, but when he slipped to the end of the 3rd round I couldn't pass on him.  I fully intended to get McCoy just in case, but he went 6th round, which is way earlier than I wanted.  I ended up with Jacobs, R. Brown, Westbrook, and K. Smith, so I still have 3 okay backs to use for now.   :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2009, 02:19 AM »
He's good value at the end of 3 if you're in a big enough league... he's usually rated as a 1st rounder though (looks like he was 1st pick of round 2 in our league) and I've got to think that every year that goes by it's even more likely that he'll be hurt more.

I blame Brent for his troubles.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2009, 02:43 AM »
Brent has already caused enough injuries in the hockey world... :P
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2009, 10:37 AM »
Can anyone clarify the waiver wire process for me?  I thought it was set to a rolling list based on prior pick-ups, such that whoever had the latest pick moved to the end of the list.  For example, Caprica and SI just picked up players and are now #11 and #12.  But SI just picked up the Dallas Defense yesterday, so why did he stay at the top claim position after that?  Ruiner picked up J. Charles yesterday as well, but he's listed as #2 for claims priority.  Are waiver players treated differently from Free Agents?