Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2009  (Read 62579 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2009
« Reply #270 on: December 8, 2009, 05:16 PM »
I'm sure all your friends and family and neighbors are rooting against me too Rob.

Considering that my girlfriend and her father both play in this league, there's a good chance that you're right.  

So they are like Ruiner and need to rely on you for their opinions?  I would assume they have pretty low involvement in the thread, so why would they have any beef with me?   ???  Like I said, an insecure need to gather support because you're to afraid to stand alone Rob.   
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 8, 2009, 05:21 PM »
So they are like Ruiner and need to rely on you for their opinions?  I would assume they have pretty low involvement in the thread, so why would they have any beef with me?   ???  Like I said, an insecure need to gather support because you're to afraid to stand alone Rob.  

Huh?  I never mentioned you to them, people are certainly capable of figuring it out on their own.  As for all this being afraid of standing alone silliness, I don't mind doing it, but in this particular instance I definitely don't have to.   In any event, I generally try to stay out of this sort of nonsense, so I'll drop it now.  Good luck in the playoffs.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2009, 06:30 PM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 9, 2009, 02:31 AM »
Justin pm'd me he's still waiting for a reply.  Well, it's coming...in time.  Unfortunately for you Justin given I'm going away on vacation on Thursday, I had some matters pressing at work that needed time.  Yes, I posted a few times today, but only trivial off the cuff matters that were non-controversial and required little thought.  Given your response in this thread to my comments was long, I wanted to take some time and consider your comments, then take some more time to go through threads to find evidence to support my comments, should it be available.  I thought a well reasoned response, irrespective of your expectations of timelines, would be a reasonable thing to do in response to your comments and something you were owed.  Sadly I had to tend to some issues with my family, then some friends of mine opted to go out drinking tonight and invited me along.  I just got home and felt it imprudent to reply at the moment, other than to say you'll have to wait a little longer for the most part. 

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 9, 2009, 06:36 PM »
Typical Canadian putting beer before all else.   ;)

I actually meant a reply to my PM, but whatever.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #274 on: December 13, 2009, 11:59 PM »
I sure hope the Saints lose one of the next two so they keep playing until the playoffs are over!

Good try Rob...better luck next year :-* 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 14, 2009, 02:01 AM »
Congrats Scott, my guys knew that last week was a rivalry game and apparently they blew their load on that.  Good luck the rest of the way!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 14, 2009, 06:27 PM »
Congrats to Springer on the win this week as well.  I got pounded this week (as did anyone that didn't have D. Clark, A. Peterson, Ray Rice, F. Davis, or Chris Johnson).  I knew I was in trouble when A. Johnson scored 15 seconds into the game.   :o 

Good luck next week SI!

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 14, 2009, 09:18 PM »
Congrats on the win Brent.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #278 on: December 14, 2009, 10:38 PM »
Justin...you'll have to get a ruling on being a top 6 team...but you are definitely not a top 4 team :-*

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 14, 2009, 11:39 PM »
Justin...you'll have to get a ruling on being a top 6 team...but you are definitely not a top 4 team :-*

Owich.  I think DR checked out for the year, so I probably won't find out for a while.  Kudos on the win & good luck next week!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 15, 2009, 12:49 AM »

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 15, 2009, 11:17 AM »
Congrats to Springer on the win this week as well.  I got pounded this week (as did anyone that didn't have D. Clark, A. Peterson, Ray Rice, F. Davis, or Chris Johnson).  I knew I was in trouble when A. Johnson scored 15 seconds into the game.   :o 

Good luck next week SI!

Thanks. I'm glad the game didn't come down to last night's game, given the number of Arizona players we both have. Congrats on your season, regardless of where you end up in DR's power rankings.

Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 15, 2009, 02:49 PM »

Owich.  I think DR checked out for the year, so I probably won't find out for a while.  Kudos on the win & good luck next week!

Meh, it took you a little longer to flop than I thought, but you didn't fail me when it counted.

You didn't have the injury excuse much at all but you did have bad luck, I'll say that.

I officially rank you 12th out of 12, and my rulings are not subject to appeal.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 15, 2009, 03:39 PM »
Meh, it took you a little longer to flop than I thought, but you didn't fail me when it counted.

You didn't have the injury excuse much at all but you did have bad luck, I'll say that.

I officially rank you 12th out of 12, and my rulings are not subject to appeal.

No injuries?!  Dude, everyone on my team caught a case of Notouchdownitis this week.  Even my benched players suffered from it.  I just hope Springer didn't catch it by association.

I was just looking over the season and noticed that my team consistently scored between 66 and 88 points in every week from 1-12. If you couldn't score at least 66, you were not going to beat me, but if you could score 90 or better I was toast.  Playoffs week one I can't even score 40 - that's awful. 

Still, at least I made the playoffs unlike some of the has-been's in our league.   ;)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 15, 2009, 03:57 PM »

Still, at least I made the playoffs unlike some of the has-been's in our league.   ;)

It's better to be a "has-been" title winner  (1 year removed from a 5-year playoff stretch) than a "never-been" - the category that you're snuggly nestled into in JD Leagues.

I won 7 of my 9 playoff games in the 3 previous seasons.  You're 0 for 1 in your last 2 seasons.

Dude please.  Learn your place "Mr. One And Done."   :-*
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 04:00 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda