Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2009  (Read 62554 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2009
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2009, 05:00 PM »
Blah blah blah.  Can we please hear more about your past victories Mr. Glory Days?  You're STARTING David Garrard, Julian Edelman, and Joey Galloway?!  Even with a healthy McNabb and Westbrook that team is suspect.  Take Dallas Clark away and your team has no chance of even nailing a weekly win let along the playoffs.

After this week, my boys will be second only to Turdy after two 80+ pt games.  Your team has maxed out at 60 points so far, so maybe you should save the big talk until you can within 20 points of me.  Benson and Rodgers are the real deal and bad weeks for R. Wayne and T. Gonzales will be few and far between.  Of course, my top two RBs both left early with injuries in week #3, but that's the only reasonable knock on my team at this point. 

As for the best teams, I'd say watch out for Ruiner, Turd, OCB, and Rob (along with the Raminators of course).  The 800gramMonkeys will NOT be repeating this year. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2009, 05:17 PM »
Blah blah blah.  Can we please hear more about your past victories Mr. Glory Days? 

Sure.  When you win one.

You're STARTING David Garrard, Julian Edelman, and Joey Galloway?!  Even with a healthy McNabb and Westbrook that team is suspect.  Take Dallas Clark away and your team has no chance of even nailing a weekly win let along the playoffs.

Garrard's a pretty good start when your 4th round pick QB is out with a broken rib, (to go with your 1st round RB of course) Julian Edelman received for 100 yards in the slot last week in his Welker-role.  Galloway missed 2 slam dunk TD passes to the endzone this week.  Had he caught them I wouldn't be listening to your nonsense right now, it was a bad break.

After this week, my boys will be second only to Turdy after two 80+ pt games.  Your team has maxed out at 60 points so far, so maybe you should save the big talk until you can within 20 points of me.  Benson and Rodgers are the real deal and bad weeks for R. Wayne and T. Gonzales will be few and far between.  Of course, my top two RBs both left early with injuries in week #3, but that's the only reasonable knock on my team at this point. 

So let me get this straight, I've been without 2 of my top 4 picks (who will both be back week 5) and you're already declaring yourself better than a manager who's made the Super Bowl 3 straight years? 

The 800gramMonkeys will NOT be repeating this year. 

I make it every year.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2009, 05:34 PM »

So let me get this straight, I've been without 2 of my top 4 picks (who will both be back week 5) and you're already declaring yourself better than a manager who's made the Super Bowl 3 straight years? 

Okay, I'm going to say this as nicely as possible because I like you DR.  I didn't say anything about who's a better "manager."  I'm quite sure that your management of your fantasy team far exceeds my own humble abilities.  What I did say if you'll kindly read again is that my team in 2009 is better than yours and that it has a much better shot at the playoffs barring any major upheavals in personnel.  You can list out whatever injury issues or underperformance excuses you like, the fact is that you're guys aren't even scoring within 20pts of my guys.  You want to brag about the greatness of your team, then start putting some points (or at least more wins) on the board.

I'm also not declaring myself the fantasy football champ after just 3 weeks, especially with injuries to 2 of my top 4 picks now.  But I am going to live it up while I'm on top.  I've had two solid victories and was #2 in scoring when I lost to Ruiner in week #1 - I'd say that's a pretty strong start so far.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2009, 05:49 PM »

Okay, I'm going to say this as nicely as possible because I like you DR.  I didn't say anything about who's a better "manager."  I'm quite sure that your management of your fantasy team far exceeds my own humble abilities.  What I did say if you'll kindly read again is that my team in 2009 is better than yours and that it has a much better shot at the playoffs barring any major upheavals in personnel.  You can list out whatever injury issues or underperformance excuses you like, the fact is that you're guys aren't even scoring within 20pts of my guys.  You want to brag about the greatness of your team, then start putting some points (or at least more wins) on the board.

I'm also not declaring myself the fantasy football champ after just 3 weeks, especially with injuries to 2 of my top 4 picks now.  But I am going to live it up while I'm on top.  I've had two solid victories and was #2 in scoring when I lost to Ruiner in week #1 - I'd say that's a pretty strong start so far.

Okay we got it then, you're 2-1 after 3 weeks of a season after not making it to the playoffs last year.

I however will probably be 1-2 and have no chance of winning.

I'll tuck that away and holler at you later in the season.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2009, 06:52 PM »
My season is over.....

just booked flights to Hawaii for early December  :-X ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2009, 04:05 AM »
This is season shaping up to be by far the WORST performance I've ever had in fantasy football...
"This is the way."

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2009, 12:12 PM »
I'm really lucky to be 2-1 at this point, but my running backs are a horrible disaster this year. I really need LT to get healthy pretty quick, otherwise I'm not liking my chances to get to the playoffs.
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2009, 01:20 PM »
I'm really lucky to be 2-1 at this point, but my running backs are a horrible disaster this year. I really need LT to get healthy pretty quick, otherwise I'm not liking my chances to get to the playoffs.

I need him to stay hurt so my late round shot at Sproles pays off.   :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2009, 02:09 PM »

I need him to stay hurt so my late round shot at Sproles pays off.   :)

Sproles has been great early this year, especially in this type of league.  I've been super lucky with C. Benson as well.  I thought he would be a TD here or there, but he's looked great thru 3 games, even against good defenses.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2009, 02:42 PM »
I think Sproles is dangerous (and useful) even with LT in the lineup.

Regardless, I'm sure LT will miss a few more games this year. . .

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2009, 03:09 PM »
My season is over.....

just booked flights to Hawaii for early December  :-X ;D

Might as well not do basketball either.   :P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2009, 04:21 PM »
Good God.  If I'm going to lose a star to injury every single week, we might as well have some fun with this.  Whoever can guess which of my starters gets injured in Week 4 (whoever is still standing anyway) gets a free figure shipped to their door courtesy of Dressel Rebel.  Figure to be named later.

The casualty list:

Week 1:  Donovan McNabb, QB
Week 2:  Brian Westbrook, RB
Week 3:  Felix Jones, RB
Week 4:  ? ? ? ? ? ?

Submit your guess here, 1 guess per person.  I have a huge pile of extras to sell off soon, if anyone wins you can pick a figure from that stash.

Good luck!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2009, 04:32 PM »
Since, we're limited to "stars" I'm guessing Edelman and Sims-Walker are excluded from the contest.  I don't have Randy Moss in any league and he's up against Baltimore, so I'll go with Randy.  Here's hoping I'm wrong... ;)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Since, we're limited to "stars" I'm guessing Edelman and Sims-Walker are excluded from the contest.  

With that comment, you are also excluded from the contest.  Here's a direct quote from the post above your's:

Whoever can guess which of my starters gets injured in Week 4 (whoever is still standing anyway) gets a free figure shipped to their door courtesy of Dressel Rebel. 

Guess the "starter".
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:10 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2009, 05:33 PM »
David Garrard