Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2009  (Read 62541 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2009
« Reply #255 on: December 7, 2009, 05:54 PM »
Rob, if you don't care then why even take the time to post?  Do you really not have anything better to do than post that you don't care about someone else's posts?  

I'd say that your constant reminders about being in first place and / or references to not being one of the top-6 teams are rubbing people most of the group the wrong way, myself included.  So, it looks like I do care in a sense after all.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2009, 05:55 PM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 7, 2009, 08:22 PM »
Rob, if you don't care then why even take the time to post?  Do you really not have anything better to do than post that you don't care about someone else's posts?  

I'd say that your constant reminders about being in first place and / or references to not being one of the top-6 teams are rubbing people most of the group the wrong way, myself included.  So, it looks like I do care in a sense after all.

Like I said - playing with a bunch of spiteful whiney old men.  This is fantasy football we're talking about here - you can't talk smack in this league without someone having a good sensitive cry about it.  Dressel said early on that my team wasn't even top 6.  You better believe that if someone calls my team out and I continue to win, I'm going to stick it right back to him.  That should be EXPECTED in FFL.  You seem to feel the need to jump into the conversation and make it about you, but I'm not sure how you even factor into this, since you kind of care, kind of don't, kind of do again.  I guarantee there are fewer comments about me being in first place than there are references to Dressel's past glory days of winning his JD leagues.

Frankly, if smack talk isn't your thing, maybe you should quit the league and join a nice quiet bridge club next year, Rob.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2009, 08:23 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 7, 2009, 08:58 PM »
Honestly Justin, you're treading pretty thin here.  Smack talk is one thing, but you started whining pretty good when it came back at you a long while back in the NFL thread (as in not the fantasy thread), so it's looking pretty much kettle and pot these days.

Yeah, sure, arguing with Dressel and winning is fun, but the only person actively pissing off large groups of people at the moment is you.  Why?  The smack talk is fine and everything, but for all of Dressel's warts and flaws, at least he grasps how fickle this game can be, between injuries, bye weeks and just plain odd offensive outbursts.  You seem completely, willingly or unwillingly, unable to grasp that. 

And I'm not talking about my week with you, you beat me fair and square thanks in part to the fickleness of this game but mostly because your team outscored mine, plain and simple. 

But look at it this way: I will end the regular season scoring the most points in this league, by a decent enough margin.  That's not one week of blowing up, it's repeated high scores.  Yet there's a very distinct chance I may yet miss the playoffs if The Cranes can put up 25 points and nullify whatever Mason scores tonight.  I don't see Rob, ruiner or jaydouble losing, so the Cranes and I are fighting it out tonight for the last playoff spot, even though the winner won't be in 8th spot. 

You lack humility.  That always rubs people the wrong way. 

Frankly, if smack talk isn't your thing, maybe you should quit the league and join a nice quiet bridge club next year, Rob.

As commissioner, I'll tell you you're being a ******* retard uttering that statement.  Rob's a longstanding player in JD sports leagues and is as welcome to make comments as you are.  No one's asking or suggesting you to not participate again even though you've been, in the eyes of pretty much everyone else in the league, a loudmouthed dick.  To suggest someone quit this league is really quite arrogant on your part.  Stop being an *******, m'kay?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 7, 2009, 08:59 PM »
Dressel said early on that my team wasn't even top 6.  You better believe that if someone calls my team out and I continue to win, I'm going to stick it right back to him.  That should be EXPECTED in FFL.  

I stand CORRECTED!  I'll never make the mistake of ever expecting you to laugh off something like that, now I know that you'll stick it right back to him and really show him good (ad nauseam)!

You seem to feel the need to jump into the conversation and make it about you, but I'm not sure how you even factor into this, since you kind of care, kind of don't, kind of do again.  I guarantee there are fewer comments about me being in first place than there are references to Dressel's past glory days of winning his JD leagues.

Nah, it's not about me at all, I'm just not impressed with all the bravado over a game that's about 70% luck.  Bragging about fantasy football is like bragging about the weather.  It's just dumb, and today I was in a mood to lower myself a little bit and make a comment.

Frankly, if smack talk is your thing, maybe you should quit the league and join one where people give a **** about (or are at least mildy amused by) that type of nonsense.

« Last Edit: December 7, 2009, 09:07 PM by Rob »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 7, 2009, 09:10 PM »
Thanks for jinxing me Brent.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 8, 2009, 12:05 AM »
Crossing my fingers for no stats corrections in the next couple of hours.  Gotta admit I feel bad for the Cranes if that stands. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #261 on: December 8, 2009, 12:19 AM »
Two lame last minute scores and Williams getting deactivated right before the game yesterday cost me #1 seed I guess.  I'll roll at #2...Playoffs?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 8, 2009, 12:36 AM »
Crossing my fingers for no stats corrections in the next couple of hours.  Gotta admit I feel bad for the Cranes if that stands. :-\

If it doesn't it'll be equally sad for you (and further proof of the curse).  Of course with the points your team put up all year, it's only fair that you make the post season.

I beat Marin's team by .34 a few weeks ago... I was glad to win, but I felt bad.  I guess with a playoff berth at stake this is worse though.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2009, 12:38 AM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 8, 2009, 12:53 AM »
Wow.  :o  Brent, I'm not sure what crawled up your ass, but let's set the record straight here:

#1 - What exactly are you referring to with me whining about FFL in the NFL thread?  What would I even have to whine about in this league?   ???
#2 - I get how random FFL is, I really do.  I've been playing for over a decade and I'm been a victim and benefactor of lady luck on any given Sunday.  Frankly, I'm shocked that you'd say Dressel gets that and I don't.  Here's a guy that was putting down my team with his "overplaying" bit and commenting again and again about his "3 consecutive JD super bowls."  There's humility for you.  I've made a few comments here and there about being in first - go count them up and tell me they warrant the response you just wrote.
#3 - I'm still trying to figure out what level of bravado is so threatening to you.  Was it posts like this:

Sure has been quiet in the FFL thread - everyone just too in awe of my team to comment?   ;)  Good game this week Brent.  Next up...the Golden Girlz!

Wow, that guy sounds like a loudmouthed dick.  Here's another example of my arrogance:

Don't be bitter - I'm just razzing you...Better luck next week Brent (and I seriously hope Gore is not out for long - ouch.)

How about this one?

See, every time I try to talk about you, you go back to talking about me.  Okay, I agree.  My team is rock solid.   :-*

Wow, that is some serious self-absorbed egomaniac talking there. 

You think anyone here has posted anything remotely as nice to me?  Good luck finding that.  I post something simple like this:  So, what's funny about the race for #1 this week is that I just need to score about 4pts more than Scott to finish #1 in the regular season.  As of 9:30 tonight, I've got about 6pts on him.  Talk about a playoff race!

And the response I get from Rob is this:  Sorry to break it to you, but no one else really cares.  I doubt Scott even cares.

I'll ask a simple question about rankings and get a face full of Ruiner drivel for it.  I've gotten non-stop unsolicited BS in here and just shrugged it off, but somehow I still come out the bad guy in your eyes. At least I can say that I've never called anyone a ******* retarded loudmouthed dickhead over something like FFL.  You got a little extra rage there my friend.

#4 - Do you honestly think I'm seriously suggesting Rob quit this league and go play bridge?  Really?  I'm responding sarcastically to his post.  He just suggested I quite the league, so I hope you have a similar response ready for him.

#5 - Here's the real deal.  Some people like to dish it out, but can't take it.  I'm dishing back a lot less than what I get served, but when you're one voice against a foursome it's pretty much a useless effort.  You say that I'm "pissing off large groups of people?"  Let's see here...

- Scott: Pissy at me because I ripped on his other league draft and we butt heads as Vikes and Packer fans. 
- Dressel: Pissy at me because he thought I was ripping him re: McNabb.  Then pissy because I responded to comments that my team was overplaying themselves.  Now just pissy that his team sucks so bad.
- Ruiner: Just generally pissy, and always one to join the wolf pack
- Rob: Shockingly feels the need to chime in whenever Dressel gets dissed.  Seriously, go look it up.  I think Rob's secretly got a man crush on his old nemesis.

Did I miss anyone else?  Sure doesn't seem like the rest of the teams give a rip.

Here's one last ******* thing that I'll admit to.  I went ahead and benched Rodgers earlier today thinking that it'd be a nice win for Scott to get the #1 seed, since he just needed a few points from his Packers.  Of course, it didn't work out, but I thought it woudl be a nice gesture.  Makes it all that much sweeter for me to log in and find some bitchfest about what an ******* I am.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 8, 2009, 01:51 PM »
So why were you trying to let Scott win again?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 8, 2009, 01:57 PM »
- Scott: Pissy at me because I ripped on his other league draft and we butt heads as Vikes and Packer fans. 
- Dressel: Pissy at me because he thought I was ripping him re: McNabb.  Then pissy because I responded to comments that my team was overplaying themselves.  Now just pissy that his team sucks so bad.
- Ruiner: Just generally pissy, and always one to join the wolf pack
- Rob: Shockingly feels the need to chime in whenever Dressel gets dissed.  Seriously, go look it up.  I think Rob's secretly got a man crush on his old nemesis.

Did I miss anyone else?  Sure doesn't seem like the rest of the teams give a rip.

You might not have missed any from this thread, but there are definitely more. 

I do like how you dismissed Ruiner's opinion as merely going along with the group - that's cute, I'm sure that'll really win him, and others, over.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 8, 2009, 04:48 PM »
So why were you trying to let Scott win again?

I wasn't letting Scott win a game - we weren't even playing.  He and I were the only two with a shot at the #1 seed for the playoffs.  I wasn't going to win my game either way, but he did need to win his in order to pass me and get to #1.

Scott and I have made amends and I haven't really had much fun at the #1 spot this year(see post above), so I figured moving down to #2 might be a nice thing for him.  I figured a few others might like to see someone else win the regular season as well.  It's not much, but it was an attempt at humbling myself to the league I guess or some kind of peace offering.

You might not have missed any from this thread, but there are definitely more. 

Oh, I'm sure there are huge mobs of people against me.  I'm sure all your friends and family and neighbors are rooting against me too Rob.  Did you also go to Classmates.com to drum up some support?  Oh wait, I thought you didn't care?  Which is it today again?  Seems like you put forth a lot of effort for something you care so little about. 

I do like how you dismissed Ruiner's opinion as merely going along with the group - that's cute, I'm sure that'll really win him, and others, over.

And I like how you feel an insecure need to gather support behind your comments, Rob. I guess that's why you're so active in the Pit.  Seems like Ruiner already posted and clearly read my post to the end, yet shockingly did not comment on that.  Is your implication that he can't think for himself and needs you to tell him how he should react to my comments?  Kind of sad that you feel a need to further instigate when you so clearly don't care about any of this.

Not that its really any of your business, but my comment to Ruiner was based on posts like this:

And for the record, JediJMan doesn't know ****.  He's a poser.

Call him out.

In my experience Ruiner likes to throw in a one or two line jab here or there when someone is disagreeing with someone else.  I actually think most of it's pretty funny - of the names above he's the only one that doesn't seem to take every comment in this thread so seriously.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 8, 2009, 04:55 PM »
Just for the record, I was drunk that night.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 8, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Just for the record, I was drunk that night.

It was Monday Night Football - we were all drunk that night.

*EDIT* - just noticed the time was AM.  You must be a professional.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2009, 05:00 PM by JediJman »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 8, 2009, 05:01 PM »
I'm sure all your friends and family and neighbors are rooting against me too Rob.

Considering that my girlfriend and her father both play in this league, there's a good chance that you're right.  
« Last Edit: December 8, 2009, 05:05 PM by Rob »