Author Topic: Jedi Starfighter Colors  (Read 2826 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Jedi Starfighter Colors
« on: June 8, 2009, 12:06 PM »
I got to thinking about this while rearranging some vehicles over the weekend.  Although this might be more tied to animation and toys than the movies themselves, do you think that the Jedi starfighters should be different colors/designs for each fighter - or a more "standard" look across the ranks?  I was looking at my prequel/CW ships, and the majority of the "good guy" ships (particularly the movie based ones) seem to have that overall red/white color scheme.  I also have the recent Obi-Wan's Delta 2 fighter displayed with those, which is also red/white, and it made me think that might be how I would envision the Jedi's fighters.  More of a standard issue thing, with maybe small differences (like the X-Wings from the OT).  I know we all know that it is done to sell toys and repaints of toys, and repaints of repaints of toys.  Anyways, I know we're not going to see a change in starfighters or anything, but it seems like it is more of an offshoot of the "skittle clone" syndrome that we got with the prequels.  From what we know of the Jedi, the lack of attachments/individuality/etc., I wouldn't think they would all be painting their fighters and astromechs different colors (although I'll admit I don't have a problem with lots of astro droids).  I personally bought quite a few of the previous repainted starfighters, but have found now I don't really have the room for them, and I seem to gravitate more towards the "Obi-Wan" color scheme, which seems to match the republic ships for the most part.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Jedi Starfighter Colors
« Reply #1 on: June 8, 2009, 04:53 PM »
I disagree that the Jedi discourage individuality. Just look at the various crystal colors (green, blue, pink, purple, gold, etc.), and even the Jedi robes are very different from one another. I could see most of the equipment being a standard issue color, then maybe get new paint jobs and modifications from the Jedi themselves. Take the clones themselves, for example... the diversity in color schemes began to show up once the Jedi were introduced as commanding officers.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Starfighter Colors
« Reply #2 on: June 9, 2009, 09:55 AM »
Yeah, I see your point on the individuality.  I guess how we always saw/heard of Jedi prior to the prequels, it sounded like they were more "monk like" and personal possessions didn't have that sort of meaning to them.  If it wasn't for Sam Jackson (and the EU), we wouldn't have anything but blue and green Jedi sabers, and it often seems like the various clone squads and starfighters were brought about to sell toys.  Again, not that I'm complaining, because I have several starfighters myself - and even more clonetroopers (I actually sort of like some like the Shocktroopers, 501st, and even Utapau clones).